Latest PSU headlines:

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Ni No Kuni Tops UK Sales Charts

Namco’s Ni No Kuni is this week’s best selling videogame. The game, which we talked about in some detail here, is a beautiful looking Level 5 developed role playing game with oodles of simply gorgeous Studio Ghibli animation thrown in.
    “We expected good sales as the pre orders were close to shipment,” said Namco Bandai’s UK marketing director Lee Kirton. “In the end we have created a demand for this amazing game and have stock going out to channels this week.
    “We have focused PR, marketing and the community has been brilliant. We have been solid with communication and reviews in the UK have been astonishing. We are very pleased, but ultimately it’s down to an incredible game from Level 5 and some strong communication from me and my team.”
    Last week the game suffered from a broken download on the PlayStation Store, with many gamers frustrated at not being able to play the game despite several lengthy downloads. That issue is now fixed and the downloads (and pre-orders) are working fine.
    Downloads aren’t counted in the official UK sales charts.
    http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/02/...-sales-charts/

Does the game pick up speed? I tried the demo and it felt very slow and that put me off.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Flaw3d Genius
    Guys help me....

I hate Pokemon and all that $#@! im also not a fan of turn based battles....However i really want to pick this game up as love the graphics and animations...would i be wasting me time?

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnzy View Post
    So... I am unable to play anymore At first I thought my controller had died but seems I've just been hit with a bug. I am unable to access the map/menu/magic and I need to to continue the story. I just loaded into the game and I'm $#@!ed. Restarted the game, restarted the system, restarted the controller and nothing seems to fix the issue. I'm going to delete the game data and reinstall but from the ONLY other person I've found that has this same issue it isn't going to help me either... Anyone have any idea because I am really enjoying this damn game.
    How far are you? I do recall theres that one bug 45 mins or so in, saving before the wand quest (not sure if its been fixed, still working my through tales of graces f - 51 hours and counting, but im doing everything I possibly can as per usual rpg "rules" ><)

Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Guys help me....

I hate Pokemon and all that $#@! im also not a fan of turn based battles....However i really want to pick this game up as love the graphics and animations...would i be wasting me time?
    Try the demo, doesnt show you the capture aspect but it is two parts. First where you fight a boss and travel the world map a bit, the other shows how the party is another boss.
    Last edited by Fenix; 02-04-2013 at 11:51.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    So I reached the seaside village last night (Think I'm close to getting the boat on the world map).

All my main Familiars are on their 2nd evolutions now and pretty high leveled. (Including Griffey and Flutterby)

Did anyone else get that DLC? Griffey is a complete powerhouse, especially after evolving. I gave him to Esther because she has an affinity with flying types..not sure what bonus that actually gives though.
    Im not bothering to evolve my gold dlc yet, as they can reach 99

Thank you itachi

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Im not bothering to evolve my gold dlc yet, as they can reach 99
    Apparently only a small percentage of the stats carry over with the evolution. What I do is make sure they have all their techniques learnt, then I evolve them. Also Griffey is a very early peaker, his last technique is learnt at level 10 and he peaks at level 11 !!
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Apprentice
    I'm so on the fence about getting this game.

Dat Guy
    Bought another copy of ni no kuni lol

Thank you itachi

Super Elite
    Finally got my copy! Won't start playing it until tomorrow (work, personal work, life duties'n $#@!, etc.), but I'm really looking forward to it! On the POSSIBLY BAD side, my girlfriend is as excited to play this as I am, and as Jak and Daxter taught me, "playing together" often means sitting back and watching her play else I face the wrath of an enraged young woman demanding I let her play for just five more minutes before it being my turn.

Such is life!

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    I hear this game has done quite well in sales.

I like JRPGs, but I didn't necessarily like the premise of this game, but I'm reconsidering on not buying it. Its proof that JRPGs can still do well this generation, so I might as well get it to support the genre.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    How far are you? I do recall theres that one bug 45 mins or so in, saving before the wand quest (not sure if its been fixed, still working my through tales of graces f - 51 hours and counting, but im doing everything I possibly can as per usual rpg "rules" ><)
    About 30 hours in. The issue is resolved though luckily... Turns out it's the controller after all but my controller is fine. It's literally just Ni No kuni that one of my controllers can't open the menu/map/spell list in but in everything else there is no issue. Not sure if resyncing the controller will make whatever the games having problems with go away but for now I just user my second controller when playing Ni No Kuni. I still find it rather odd though.

My current issue is a lot worse though... I want to play it now but my girlfriend is asleep still and she refuses to let me play it without her
    if I am in the PS3 or 360 section I will NOT post about the competitor just to please people, if you want to know what I think about the competitor link me to a thread in the appropriate section

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Lol bought another copy, liked it that much. Though whats with the two files ? Can PSN not do 20+ GB in one file O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Minnzy View Post
    About 30 hours in. The issue is resolved though luckily... Turns out it's the controller after all but my controller is fine. It's literally just Ni No kuni that one of my controllers can't open the menu/map/spell list in but in everything else there is no issue. Not sure if resyncing the controller will make whatever the games having problems with go away but for now I just user my second controller when playing Ni No Kuni. I still find it rather odd though.

My current issue is a lot worse though... I want to play it now but my girlfriend is asleep still and she refuses to let me play it without her
    Damn 30 hours in, thankfully you sorted that out. Seems like a rather strange thing though o.O

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Elite Guru

Easily one of my favorite RPG's this generation, only think I have enjoyed the Witcher 2 as much as this.
    Calculating Infinity

Apprentice
    Yea, why did you buy another copy lol

Super Elite
    Right. Still really loving this game, but the first annoyances in the battle mechanics are starting to show themselves.

Either make the AI controlled characters more intelligent or give us a finer degree of control in their commands, because they tend to waste all of their MP in the first battle they come across.
    The game has a "gambit" like system a la FFXII but is in no way as detailed or complex, meaning that any permanent commands you give them result in either them not using any abilities whatsoever or completely wasting their MP before it is actually needed, which causes a lot of sticky situations. The fact that you can't change these "gambits" outside of battle is also irritating.

Also, this problem is made worse by the fact that the MP of your allies aren't shown on the main battle screen. You have to either hover over them with a spell or otherwise to see it.

The battle system is probably already too tough for most kids (not because of it's complexity, its not that complex) so you might as well teach them a complex system like FFXII's gambit system so that they at least have a chance to survive.
    It wouldn't need to be quite as complex but give us the options for sparse MP use and making their familiars actually physically move away from attacks, because they just seem to stand there and take sucker punches to the face.

It's unfortunate because everything else about this game is stellar (and absolutely still worth playing and completing, don't get me wrong!).
    Last edited by Croyles; 02-05-2013 at 14:44.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Elite
    I remember someone mentioning a save-glitch early on in the game. Would someone tell me where exactly this is? I only play games in small bursts and am afraid to ruin my file.

In other news: Drippy talks too damn fast. Does he stay like this, or is it just because he had to cram all that exposition in during the "HEY OLLY-BOY STOP BEING EH CRY-BABY YOU FOCKIN CRY-BABY I DUN CARE IF YO MUTHER'S DEAD YOU FOCKIN CRY-BABY, CHEER UP, EH, SAVE ME WORLD, EH," scene?

I mean, I like him. But damn.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    So the AI partners whats best to set them on during bosses because right now they suck haha
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    You can switch between all out and offensive modes on the fly with triangle and square in battles.
    Trophy-licious!

Apprentice
    So i'm debating wether to get this game today or not..you guys think i should..is it that good?

Dat Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiius View Post
    So i'm debating wether to get this game today or not..you guys think i should..is it that good?
    Yes, its one of the best rpgs ive played in years

Thank you itachi

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiius View Post
    I have yet to find someone who hates it. Even my two housemates (One of which doesn't like JRPG's) have started watching me play occasionally and one plans on buying it himself.
    if I am in the PS3 or 360 section I will NOT post about the competitor just to please people, if you want to know what I think about the competitor link me to a thread in the appropriate section

Apprentice
    Then im going to get it, my minds made up lol.

Game looks like a real guilty pleasure to me. Definitely gonna pick it up soon.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    I will get this game soon.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    i ordered the white witch edition from ebay week or so ago and received an email saying their supplier had less stock than they thought so i wasn't able to get it :/ sucks but atleast i got a refund

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    I have a prediction on how the story is going to end based solely on something the mum says early on.

Just my speculation, but I still have a long way to go..

Trophy-licious!

Thread Information