Page 1 of 16 111 ... LastLast
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style

Ni no Kuni Official Thread

PSU Score-9/10
    Edge-8/10
    IGN UK-9.4/10

For those those us in NA game was released today. We can post fav pets, boss tactics, quest help, and other helpful things in thread.Steel Case bonus with pre-order WOOT!!!
    Last edited by Yuuichi; 01-23-2013 at 00:41.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LadyDuoMaxwell
    Items Yuna3d dot game heroesFinal Fantasy Tactics
    I am still waiting for the Wizard's Edition, which should be shipping today. I might have to wait longer to get my copy.

However, that steel case is gorgeous.

3DS: 1161-0781-8406
    STEAM: LadyDuoMaxwell

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I still have to wait 6 hours until, UPS delivers my package. Pumped to play this!.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Doesn't come out here for a bit over a week. I am THAT keen for my wizards edition though

Via Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Lucky people i have to wait another 11 days for sweden release.

Super Elite

The Wizards Edition (from the US) are going on eBay for $270-$280 (including shipping) now. That might be a good one to keep sealed.

No one has even had them delivered yet.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LadyDuoMaxwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    The Wizards Edition (from the US) are going on eBay for $270-$280 (including shipping) now. That might be a good one to keep sealed.

No one has even had them delivered yet.
    There is a huge outrage within the forums of Namco and Facebook about how Digital River is delaying orders, cancelling them, and so forth. I am getting pretty worried now, because I already got the Wizard's Edition paid off (I used Paypal, because I don't trust 3rd parties holding my Debit Card number) and I will most likely not see the game in a month or two. I am considering just buying a used copy on Amazon or Gamestop and keep my Wizard's Copy sealed as a decoration.

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by LadyDuoMaxwell View Post
    There is a huge outrage within the forums of Namco and Facebook about how Digital River is delaying orders, cancelling them, and so forth. I am getting pretty worried now, because I already got the Wizard's Edition paid off (I used Paypal, because I don't trust 3rd parties holding my Debit Card number) and I will most likely not see the game in a month or two. I am considering just buying a used copy on Amazon or Gamestop and keep my Wizard's Copy sealed as a decoration.
    Credit cards are better for online purchases. I'd use one of those if I were you.

9. Likes MacP likes this post
    Super Elite

http://kotaku.com/5977952/twelve-thi...ium=Socialflow

Twelve Things You Should Know About The Stellar, Stunning Ni no Kuni

Jason Schreier

You are perhaps wondering whether or not you should play Ni no Kuni, the RPG by Level-5 and Studio Ghibli that comes out today on PlayStation 3.
    Let me put it simply: Yes. Ni no Kuni is a fantastic game. Although I haven't played enough to feel comfortable writing up a full review—I'm around 14 hours in so far, and taking my time—I think it's safe to say that yes, if you are a fan of role-playing games, or Studio Ghibli movies, or fun, this is an experience worth having.
    (While it's possible that something somehow ruins the game later on, it's worth playing even just for the 14 hours of greatness that I've experienced thus far.)
    That's the short version. Now for some more impressions, in bullet-pointed form because really, bullet points are just too convenient not to use. Here are 12 things you should know about Ni no Kuni:

1. The first thing you'll notice about Ni no Kuni is just how gorgeous it is. That part's obvious. But what you might not notice right away is that the soundtrack, performed by the Tokyo Philharmonic Chorus, is just as powerful and welcoming as the Ghibli-crafted animation.
      Many Japanese RPGs come with great music, but Ni no Kuni comes with an actual score—instead of following a few catchy melodies, the horns and harps swell up and down as you walk through the world, meandering as if they're going on their own adventure with you. It feels like you're roaming through a movie.
    2. You play as Oliver, a little kid who goes through some serious tragedy and winds up traveling to a new world, where he has to become a wizard in order to defeat the evil Dark Djinn Shadar and yada yada yada. So he has to go off and find a bunch of Great Sages to get more powerful and really this is all well and good but it doesn't really matter all that much because the appeal of this game lies in the adventure, not the excuse you need to go on that adventure.
      So, yes, Oliver needs a reason to fight his way through deserts and forests and rumbling volcanos, but the sights and sounds justify themselves. Ni no Kuni's world is surreal and wonderful, well worth the trip.
    3. The voice-acting is phenomenal, good enough to make me think about reconsidering my opinion on English voice acting in Japanese RPGs. Mr. Drippy's Welsh drawl steals the show, but all of the performances are extremely well done. Children in video games are usually annoying. Oliver is not. He feels and sounds like a real human being, and even when you might get sick of his naivety, his blind, innocent courage is appealing in a "wow, I wish I could do that" sort of way.
      As always, Level-5 has done excellent work with the localization. Hope you like animal puns.
    4. You get your very own book filled with wizarding spells, interesting stories, and even a made-up language that actually asks you to pull out a pen and paper IRL so you can decipher Special Wizard Code. Lucky pre-orderers get a physical version of this book, but you can see all of it in-game. Part strategy guide, part Easter Egg-filled lore tome, it's the type of thing that can steal an hour or two of your time.
    5. The attention to detail is awe-inspiring: Oliver's cape swirls and flows in the wind, enemies run away from you when you're bigger than them, towns are full of random little secrets and treasures. When you get large objects, your tiny companion Drippy will carry them over his head. One town you visit has enacted a law that everyone is required to wear a bathing suit at all times—so naturally, your characters swap into bathing suits every time they visit.
    6. Ni no Kuni is a lot like Dragon Quest VIII—a fantastic RPG, also by Level-5—in many ways, from silly animal puns to crafting cauldrons. In most ways it's even better. This is a traditional JRPG, yes, but it also feels smart, engrossing, and modern.
    7. One of the bosses is a genie that must have been inspired by Robin Williams's memorable performance in Aladdin. As you fight him, he'll pull out random objects from a giant cauldron: melons, parasols, ladies' undergarments. Whimsy!
    8. So yes, Ni no Kuni is very good at making you feel like you're on an adventure, a whimsical adventure filled with personality and charm. When I run down the mental checklist of everything I'd want in a JRPG: sharp writing, clever characters, addictive combat, a fulfilling world, and lots of interesting things to see and do, Ni no Kuni hits every mark.
    9. There are tons and tons of sidequests. You can help a traveler find his diary, track down powerful enemies for bounties, and go convince pigeons to rejoin their master. You can learn useful spells from a ghost wizard. You can bring lunch to a hungry worker in the forest. These sidequests help boost your party and give you an excuse to go out and level up...
    10. ...Which is good, because combat is tough, and you'll need to keep battling monsters in order to keep your party up to speed. There are a lot of tough bosses.
    11. The combat, by the way, is bloody brilliant, a blend of turn-based and real-time battle systems that feels fast-paced and intense. It's sort of a cross between Dragon Quest, Tales, and Pokemon. You collect creatures, level them up, and equip them. During combat, you can move around the battlefield in real time, dodge enemy attacks, and try to get into good position to use physical strikes or spells against your opponents.
      When you attack or defend, your character will be stuck in that action for five seconds or so. You can't move him around while he's attacking or defending. You can cancel mid-action, in case you want to run around to try to collect the randomly-spawning green and blue orbs that restore your health and mana. You'll want to do this fairly often, as when a boss uses a special attack, the only way to survive is sometimes to stop whatever you're doing and defend immediately.
      Optimal strategy will vary depending what sort of boss you're fighting. It can be really frustrating when you're casting a spell and an enemy catches you off guard just before you get a chance to defend, but the satisfaction of taking down grueling bosses is totally worth the risk.
    12. There's a cow queen, and everyone calls her "Your Moojesty." This is very important.

11. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Here's the launch trailer:

Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Super Elite
    Another video.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Superior Member

Are anyone going to re-stock the wizards edition or have I missed out?

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Still downloading it, for some reason it's split across 2 files.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    imINxile
    Picked it up last night and have about 12 hrs in. It's a fantastic game, I'm having a blast.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Funny story here. I assumed that I had pre-ordered from Amazon and got nothing last night so I checked my history to find out that I never pre-ordered from them in the first place. I had pre-ordered from, GameStop instead. I got it earlier today but I can't play it until tonight(Busy, busy). I installed it and everything and with all the excitement I took this pic.

18. Likes LadyDuoMaxwell likes this post
    Master Guru
    I'll be getting Ni no Kuni this weekend. This game looks like so much fun.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    Funny story here. I assumed that I had pre-ordered from Amazon and got nothing last night so I checked my history to find out that I never pre-ordered from them in the first place. I had pre-ordered from, GameStop instead. I got it earlier today but I can't play it until tonight(Busy, busy). I installed it and everything and with all the excitement I took this pic.

my gamestop didn't have guide. I want it tho because hardcover and art work.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LadyDuoMaxwell
    I just got an email from Namco today and they shipped out my game. Phew! I can't wait to get it.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Anyone know if some gamestops have extra steelbooks? Contemplating using my money I put away for Tomb Raider.

EDIT: Now that I "get it", everytime I play the demo I enjoy it so much more. Hopefully my local EB games (gamestop in most areas in Canada) has spare steelbooks. I may have to get Tomb Raider in June, March has Bioshock)
    Last edited by Fenix; 01-24-2013 at 09:29.

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Does anyone know if there is a good Pokedex like guide anywhere for the Famliars?

Showing pictures of them all and what they look like as well as their evolutions, best teams to build and best places to grind/level.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    imINxile
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a good Pokedex like guide anywhere for the Famliars?

Showing pictures of them all and what they look like as well as their evolutions, best teams to build and best places to grind/level.
    In the item menu you can go to your Wizard's Companion book. Chapter 5 creatures and familiars. It's shows a picture with a description, location and it's evolution and skills they get. Don't think it shows the best team builds though.

If you meant something other than in-game, no idea bro.
    Last edited by imINxile; 01-24-2013 at 06:19.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    I will get this game at later time.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Super Elite
    I can't believe I have to wait another week!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Went to EB games today to get the game, and crazy enough only ONE person preordered the game (The guy who sold me it) - and so I apparently have 1 of the only two Ni No Kuni steelbooks available in my town lol

Hopefully other gamestops/EBgames had better sales. :/

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Super Elite
    I have a gift card to Walmart and was in the area so thought I'd pick it up today. They didn't have any copies in stock. Walked over to the Best Buy next door and was told the same thing. Guess I'll wait a few days and see if shows up as listed in stock on the website. If it doesn't I'll just pick it up from Gamestop or whoever has it.

Thread Information