Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2

Playstation Store update?!

Is anyone else having troubles with the new PS Store update? It's taking mine 223 minutes remaining and still not even 1% and it's been up for about 2 hours now! Can someone help?!

Special thanks to zzKurozz for the Signature and Avatar!
    Prodigy - A young one, endowed with exceptional abilities.
    Currently Playing: CoD:AW / Destiny / AC: Unity / Driveclub / BF4
    Waiting For: the Crew / GTA V (PS4) / Far Cry 4

Battlefield WolfPack: Co-Leader / Battlefield Alpha Pack: Co-Leader

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Try background downloading? Working fine for me, when it starts to get slow I just pause then resume and it goes back to normal speed

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Worked fine for me.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    I got it to work, thanks guys! Now I'm downloading the Dust 514 beta! Woo hoo!!!

Special thanks to zzKurozz for the Signature and Avatar!
    Prodigy - A young one, endowed with exceptional abilities.
    Currently Playing: CoD:AW / Destiny / AC: Unity / Driveclub / BF4
    Waiting For: the Crew / GTA V (PS4) / Far Cry 4

Battlefield WolfPack: Co-Leader / Battlefield Alpha Pack: Co-Leader

Selected Members Council
    The one released a couple days ago? No. Seems to run a little faster though.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    It was super slow for me. But the Dead Space 3 demo was just out and that was exactly what I was trying to download. Some of it is my network configuration. My downstairs 802.11n router signal will strongly reach everywhere in my house and a ways outside EXCEPT our upstairs bedroom. The kids' upstairs rooms get 97 - 100% signal strength on the n router, the PS3 in our room, often as low 48%. So I've also got a g router downstairs that works at around 70 - 75% signal strength. But I think a lot of it is server-side bandwidth allocation. Online gameplay -- barring the occasional hiccup -- I've got no problems, stream a PSN movie rental, no problems, buy and download a PSN game, no problems, stream an iTunes movie rental on the Apple TV, no problems. Download a free demo off PSN, slow, stream Netflix on the PS3 or the Apple TV, slow, large free PS3 game updates, slow.

On the same PS3 network speed topic, does anyone know how well 802.11n bridging works? I don't want to spend the money on another router thinking it'll improve things when it won't. Browser-based Internet speed tests from my laptop downstairs, I consistently get +10 Mbps downstream and +5 Mbps connecting to the 802.11n router compared to connecting to the 802.11g wifi on the box my Internet service provided, which is also the bridge interface to the provider's network -- on the wifi front it has about the exact same performance as the downstairs 802.11g router I use to push enough signal to our bedroom upstairs. So 802.11n clearly makes a notable difference, at least in raw throughput, getting through the air to the wire. The 802.11n is an Apple Airport Extreme so I can buy an Apple Airport Express, stick it in the hallway upstairs and Apple-easy set it up to bridge the downstairs Extreme. But I get the feeling I may be dealing with unique construction and/or insulation of our bedroom, which is built entirely over the garage. Bridging to an Airport Express in the hallway upstairs will probably, for US$100, let me take that extra 802.11g router out of the mix by getting the Extreme's 802.11n signal all the way into our bedroom at decent strength. It'll simplify things, but I don't know I'll see any performance improvements.

Over time I've followed various optimization instructions and I've seen incremental performance and signal strength improvements connected to both the Extreme and the extra 802.11g routers, all over the house. My daughter can walk as far as a couple hundred feet behind our backyard and sometimes stay connected to either router on her iPhone. All this, EXCEPT in our bedroom. No matter what I do our bedroom stays the same. I'd gladly spend more than US$100 to fix the PS3 and overall bedroom connectivity but I won't spend US$10 just to eliminate the extra router. The mere sight of it doesn't offend me. I don't need it gone. I need it, or anything, to get a strong stable signal in our bedroom. It's been frustrating me for years. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thread Information