Thread: Dolphins

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style

Dolphins

Dolphins are known for being highly intelligent mammals. So intelligent, in fact, that they can communicate with humans even when they have not been trained to do so. That's what happened to a group of divers on an observation trip off the coast of Hawaii, known as the Big Island.

While the divers were observing manta rays, they were approached by a bottlenose dolphin. Luckily for all of us, they captured the encounter on video and uploaded it to YouTube. Keller Laros, one of the divers, heard an unusual squeal from the dolphin. Laros realized the dolphin was in distress; a fishing line was wrapped around its pectoral fin. He described how he tried to remove the fishing line: "I was trying to unwrap it, I got the fishing hook out of the pectoral fin. ... I was worried if I tugged on it, it might hurt him more."

The amazing part of the video is how cooperative and gentle the dolphin is as the divers help him. Laros was able to get the hook out and snip the fishing line near the dolphin's mouth.

"The way he came right up and pushed himself into me, there was no question this dolphin was there for help," Laros said. Several YouTube commenters have praised Laros and his team for their effort.

It should also be noted that at the beginning of the video, there is a disclaimer that reads, in part: "We do not advocate attempts by laypersons to rescue marine life. The assistance provided to this dolphin was given by professional divers with thousands of hours of experience at this dive site. It was an unusual event. The compassion extended to this animal by the divers is something we should aspire to do, not criticize."

So far, the rescue has been viewed more than 466,000 times on YouTube. People are in awe of what the divers captured on film and what they were able to do.

Talk about being in the right place at the right time.
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending...204937084.html

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

2. Likes keefy, LadyDuoMaxwell likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LadyDuoMaxwell
    Items Yuna3d dot game heroesFinal Fantasy Tactics
    Thanks for sharing; what an amazing video.

3DS: 1161-0781-8406
    STEAM: LadyDuoMaxwell

4. Likes Silvy likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyDuoMaxwell View Post
    Thanks for sharing; what an amazing video.
    Your welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I know a few divers It hink they wil like to see this if they havent already.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    awesome video, thanks for the it
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I read about that in the newspaper yesterday, hopefully the dolphin learns a lesson and wont rape people anymore, cause people are good and ready to help.

Thread Information