Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style

Hybrid car 141 mpg

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    What a piece of $#@!. Typical European egg shaped shoebox. And you have to wait until 2016 to buy one? Who needs it? Besides, Citroen doesn't sell cars in the US because they cannot pass our safety requirements.

If you want 100+ MPG there is one car on the market right now that already does get 100+ MPG, the Ford C-Max Energi. If you're willing to wait a couple of months, get a Ford Fusion Energi.

After all, why would you want this...

When you can get the same gas mileage from this...

Last edited by Completely Average; 01-24-2013 at 18:39.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I like how Ford actually makes the hybrid cars not looks so $#@!ty lol

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    That thing looks like a Tata Nano!

http://www.tatamotors.com

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    What a piece of $#@!. Typical European egg shaped shoebox. And you have to wait until 2016 to buy one? Who needs it? Besides, Citroen doesn't sell cars in the US because they cannot pass our safety requirements.

If you want 100+ MPG there is one car on the market right now that already does get 100+ MPG, the Ford C-Max Energi. If you're willing to wait a couple of months, get a Ford Fusion Energi.

After all, why would you want this...

When you can get the same gas mileage from this...

I'm sure the price difference is HUGE lol

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    I'd drive it. Then again, I'm not an asshole that thinks I need to be driving the fastest/biggest thing out on the road though either. I drive a 92 geo right now for the mileage alone. $#@!ty car, yes, but I laugh every day as I drive past people at the pump who are making $300+ car payments every month on top of fuel expenses.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    I'd drive it. Then again, I'm not an asshole that thinks I need to be driving the fastest/biggest thing out on the road though either. I drive a 92 geo right now for the mileage alone. $#@!ty car, yes, but I laugh every day as I drive past people at the pump who are making $300+ car payments every month on top of fuel expenses.
    I wouldn't drive it just because it looks like a death trap! Look how close you are to the front of the car, and crumple zones only works so much...but I agree with you on driving an economical car, I roll a '05 Scion xA and could care less what anyone thinks, on average I get 35 MPG which I know isn't the best out there, but way better than the fools driving over-sized vehicles!

reaper of souls
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I wouldn't drive it just because it looks like a death trap! Look how close you are to the front of the car, and crumple zones only works so much...but I agree with you on driving an economical car, I roll a '05 Scion xA and could care less what anyone thinks, on average I get 35 MPG which I know isn't the best out there, but way better than the fools driving over-sized vehicles!
    yeah man gotta think of the monies, there's a guy i know at work and he's got a really nice car and I saw one for sale and the MPG was around 18, what a joke!

I think hybrid cars are bound to look $#@! at the moment as the development is still in the early stages

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    yeah man gotta think of the monies, there's a guy i know at work and he's got a really nice car and I saw one for sale and the MPG was around 18, what a joke!

I think hybrid cars are bound to look $#@! at the moment as the development is still in the early stages
    I live in Texas, which a lot of people around here drive pickups, large SUV, etc. and they normally get around 12-15 MPG if you are lucky! I don't plan on ever purchasing another 100% gas powered car ever again, the least I would go is a plug-in hybrid, but I would prefer to go full electric once battery tech advances a bit more! Come on super supercapacitors!

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I bet nobody ever achieves what any of the manufacturers claim the MPG is.

My dads Focus 1.6 gets low 40's MPG. No idea what mine gets it doesnt have a computer.
    Last edited by keefy; 01-24-2013 at 20:35.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I bet nobody ever achieves what any of the manufacturers claim the MPG is.

My dads Focus 1.6 gets low 40's MPG. No idea what mine gets it doesnt have a computer.
    Mine is rated (back in '05) to get 32 city/35 highway, but it all depends on how you drive...if my wife drives my car it gets 29 MPG because she drives like crap, but when I drive it and smoothly accelerate, etc. I usually get 34-35 MPG on average! Last time we went on vacation we took my car and on the highway if driven properly I was getting 36-38 MPG, so it all comes down to how much lead you have in your foot! There are also people that do hypermiling:

I use a couple tips and tricks from them, but I am no where near as extreme as some of these guys!

Supreme Veteran
    Switching engine off is dangerous, less steering and less brakes.

If he had a manual he would save even more gas.

Driving like that is hard it requires forward thinking and much anticipation, Top Gear wen from London to Edinburugh and back on one tank in a A8 turbo V8 Audi diesel.

http://www.flixxy.com/audi-a8-diesel.htm
    Last edited by keefy; 01-24-2013 at 21:20.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Switching engine off is dangerous, less steering and less brakes.

If he had a manual he would save even more gas.

Driving like that is hard it requires forward thinking and much anticipation, Top Gear wen from London to Edinburugh and back on one tank in a A8 turbo V8 Audi diesel.

http://www.flixxy.com/audi-a8-diesel.htm
    Like I said though, I only took a couple of the tips from hypermilers, mainly I just try to accelerate smoothly, try not to go over 65 on the freeway and do my best an anticipating the stop lights (which I have actually got pretty good at!), I also try not to brake but instead just let off the gas and coast early to slow down, just doing those things I get pretty decent gas mileage since most of my driving is city type driving!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    I'm sure the price difference is HUGE lol
    Think so?

The Citroen C Zero (Current hybrid version of the same car) has a list price of 26,216, which converts to $41,366.
    The Ford Fusion Energi has an MSRP of $38,700

In otherwords, that Ford Fusion is CHEAPER than the current Citroen hybrid, and will likely be MUCH cheaper when the new one comes in 2016.

I wouldn't drive it just because it looks like a death trap!

And that is precisely why Citroen/Peugot cars are not sold in the US. They cannot pass US crash tests.

When Fiat decided to bring their little Fiat 500 to the US they totally failed the first round of crash tests. They then modified the chassis and only managed 2 stars. They further modified the chassis and now have a 5 star rating in the US, but the US version is more than 250lbs heavier than the ones sold in Europe and the UK.
    Last edited by Completely Average; 01-25-2013 at 01:56.

Supreme Veteran
    My mate had a Renault 5 Turbo and he crashed it front first into a bus, the car had a big visible crease in the roof where the whole chassis started to fold in half. Any faster he would have been killed, he was only going about 40MPH max.

Never liked Citroen or Fiat cars. Citroen are more famous for their weird suspensions than anything.
    load of people I knew had the Saxo VTR which is slow as $#@! but the free insurance is what was key i think, saved them anything from 1000 - 2000.
    Last edited by keefy; 01-25-2013 at 03:20.

Elite Member

My mate had a Renault 5 Turbo and he crashed it front first into a bus, the car had a big visible crease in the roof where the whole chassis started to fold in half. Any faster he would have been killed, he was only going about 40MPH max.

Last year the US introduced a new 40mph offset frontal collision test. Between Mercedes, BMW, Audi, VW, and Volvo, only the Volvo S60 was rated as Good.

The Audi was the worst. The driver door came off the car with only the wiring holding it to the chassis, and the dash was pushed more than a foot towards the driver.

reaper of souls
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Like I said though, I only took a couple of the tips from hypermilers, mainly I just try to accelerate smoothly, try not to go over 65 on the freeway and do my best an anticipating the stop lights (which I have actually got pretty good at!), I also try not to brake but instead just let off the gas and coast early to slow down, just doing those things I get pretty decent gas mileage since most of my driving is city type driving!
    I always try to lower my gears in advance and let the engine slow the car down instead of me hitting on the breaks heavily towards the end.

I know quite a few people who always brake heavily last minute, ride the clutch, over rev the engine and use the wrong gear often, and let the petrol get down so low that the car almost conks out before they think about getting more petrol.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I always try to lower my gears in advance and let the engine slow the car down instead of me hitting on the breaks heavily towards the end.

I know quite a few people who always brake heavily last minute, ride the clutch, over rev the engine and use the wrong gear often, and let the petrol get down so low that the car almost conks out before they think about getting more petrol.
    Exactly, it is amazing what happens if you just tweak the way you drive a little, it goes a long way!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    My tracker gets about 32mpg, my Hemi ram 10mpg lmao

The Bmw surprisingly gets around 25mpg its a V8 I refuse to drive on of those small ass call I call them coffin on wheels lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    The exterior design of the car is freaking ugly.

Thread Information