Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    If they do end up dragging us into war (technically we are still at war with them since no peace treaty has been signed) I feel bad for the citizens of North Korea, you know they have no interest in war, they just want food!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    As far as I know north korea is in an alliance with china and russia, I might be wrong though.
    It is a dont mess with us we wont mess with you deal.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    It is a dont mess with us we wont mess with you deal.
    You forgot the part where China gives them rocket technology!

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    And Russia military support if war declaring occurs

Kidding...

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Surely they are not that insane and something got lost in translation?
    Last edited by keefy; 01-24-2013 at 16:26.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    And a Chinese version of a Temple of NOD

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Nothing new here. They always threaten the US. They don't wanna go to war because they know they will get blown off the map. The minute they fire up those reactors we will know.

El Presidente
    How bout this? No one likes you N.Korea not even your neighboring countries.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    America $#@! yeah! So lick my butt and suck on my balls! American $#@! yeah what you gonna do when we come for you now!!

-team America World police-

Lmao

N korea just need a hug! Then everything would be ok lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

10. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    So then, is it safe to say, that if we should have a third world war, it will be with N. Korea?
    Here's a quote from Albert Einstein
    “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.” \

I have a feeling it may not be only North Korea that we'll be fighting.

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Here's a nice little tool for those that are curious as to how a nuclear weapon would effect your local area.

http://www.carloslabs.com/node/20

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

13. Likes Zswordsman likes this post

PSN ID
    Chickenooble
    North Korea isn't a threat.

1) North Korea can't declare war or start a fight with the USA because China would cut their economic aid. Currently, North Korea survives on the economic aid provided by the Chinese, and China's biggest contributor to their economy is the USA. If North Korea tried dragging China into a conflict with the USA, the USA would cut trade with China, and that would hurt their economy. China is one of fastest growing economies in the world and trade conflicts with the USA would plunge them into a recession.

2) North Korea doesn't have reliable technology to hit the Western coast of the USA. Maybe Hawaii, at best, but the attempts with long range ballistic missiles has been lackluster. The Taepodong-2 is speculated to reach the USA, but it hasn't been tested, nor is it a reliable vehicle. Their ICBM technology is still too new, as they've only had two recent launches with the Kwangmyongsong-3; the first launch in 2012 ended in failure, and the second wasn't controlled enough to put a satellite in orbit.

3) The pacific defenses would intercept in several layers; first Japan, then Hawaii, and finally the west coast. We have three opportunities and technology to intercept and they hardly have the capability to launch multiple strikes.

4) If, in the extremely off chance, they did succeed in striking the USA -- South Korea would become an island.

Nobody would win a nuclear exchange and the fallout would be catastrophic. But maybe North Korea is willing to die for their "cause" if they can take a bunch of us with them. Scary stuff.
    You're right, but there's no alternative option. Peace? Nope. War? Yes. Sadly.
    If you detonate a nuclear device above the ground, rather than on the ground, you maximize your damage. The blast would create an EMP disabling electronics (as if it's an issue in the technologically starved North Korea), the shockwave would be intensified by the reflection of the initial reflection of the wave against the ground, and it wouldn't create as much fallout for our friends to the East, since fallout is generally produced when debris and dust are irradiated and carried by the wind.

PSN ID
    Chickenooble
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    Here's a nice little tool for those that are curious as to how a nuclear weapon would effect your local area.

http://www.carloslabs.com/node/20
    I wonder how they calculate the fallout path for Washington DC. The Jet Stream and winds, in general, travel from west to east. I'd expect the cone to extend into the Atlantic ocean and not, somehow, go against the wind direction for such a great distance.

PS: I'd be safe at home from even a Tsar Bomba if DC was nuked. If I'm at work, I'm $#@!ed.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    The whole idea of starting the war against USA is just stupid.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    to those thinking 'the missiles will be intercepted before they get here'.

pretty unlikely.

the clinton and bush administration spent billions trying to perfect this from space (called 'star wars' believe it or not), and as far as i'm aware it was scrapped. land based efforts aren't much better, because you just send ICBMs in volume.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

PSN ID
    Chickenooble
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    the clinton and bush administration spent billions trying to perfect this from space (called 'star wars' believe it or not), and as far as i'm aware it was scrapped. land based efforts aren't much better, because you just send ICBMs in volume.
    North Korea can't send volumes of ICBM. 1) They can barely put things in space, 2) They don't have a massive stock-pile of ICBM, 3) They don't have enough warheads to equip

If they try to launch an attack with ballistic missiles, we'll intercept those. We've been dealing in anti-ballistic missile systems for a long time and they've been pretty successful in tests.

Plus, we know where each of their launch sites are at. If they launch an ICBM without letting the proper channels know, and if it comes close to any interests, their capability to launch more would be destroyed within 30 minutes.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Here is what I think of their threat:

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    to those thinking 'the missiles will be intercepted before they get here'.

pretty unlikely.

You are right about the missiles not being intercepted before they get here, but it's not because we don't have the ability. We do. We just prefer not taking a chance and dealing with the threat in other ways.The best way to do that is to cripple the entire delivery system. If they were planning to attack us, we would know well in advance and take appropriate actions, and NK knows this.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 01-24-2013 at 20:17.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Most likely won't happen but if N.Korea attacks, then mutual nuclear destruction ahoy!

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    I will never understand North Korea and it's $#@!ed up logic and hatred for the rest of the world. The citizens, or should I say prisoners, there should rise up and get rid of the garbage government that they have always possessed. That government will eventually lead to their deaths in one form or another. Be it starvation due to lack of outside support/trade, or due to full on war, in which case they would be massacred.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    I will never understand North Korea and it's $#@!ed up logic and hatred for the rest of the world. The citizens, or should I say prisoners, there should rise up and get rid of the garbage government that they have always possessed. That government will eventually lead to their deaths in one form or another. Be it starvation due to lack of outside support/trade, or due to full on war, in which case they would be massacred.
    Fear is a powerful weapon, and their government uses it on a daily basis with their people! Say anything bad about the dear leader and the next second you are tortured and in a labor camp for the rest of your life...It is also hard to fight back when you are basically starved to death!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    imINxile
    I've always wondered if we'll witness a nuclear attack on a major city in the world during our lifetime. Not speaking of N. Korea specifically but any capable country. It would be terrible but I wonder if it's only a matter of time...world full of nutjobs and all.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    $#@! - this is like Homefront come to life.

Why are there idiots ready to $#@! up the world for some "cause"? I mean, even if they did "win" - it wouldn't be much of a world if everyone started launching nukes.

Idiots.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    They could successfully nuke some cities in the west(We have no real knowledge of their capabilities other then "tests"). As a result though, it will be the end of, North Korea if they even attempt an attack. With, China no longer fully supporting them like before, they have no real allies to count on and while some US cities will suffer widespread ruin, it won't be nearly enough to cripple the country.

Ultimate Veteran
    North Korea is a joke. there long range missle will crash in the ocean lol

Thread Information