Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    I will never understand North Korea and it's $#@!ed up logic and hatred for the rest of the world. The citizens, or should I say prisoners, there should rise up and get rid of the garbage government that they have always possessed. That government will eventually lead to their deaths in one form or another. Be it starvation due to lack of outside support/trade, or due to full on war, in which case they would be massacred.
    Plus, their government have been brainwashing their citizens since the days they were born. Whatever the government says, they automatically believe it. But what was interesting is on the day of Kim Jong il death, people who went to pay their respects to him, if you look at their faces, there's no tears coming from their eyes. It was like they were pretending to be sad. It was weird. But I could be wrong.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCrow View Post
    Plus, their government have been brainwashing their citizens since the days they were born. Whatever the government says, they automatically believe it. But what was interesting is on the day of Kim Jong il death, people who went to pay their respects to him, if you look at their faces, there's no tears coming from their eyes. It was like they were pretending to be sad. It was weird. But I could be wrong.
    If you lived there, would you 1) Pretend to to be sad about his death and live like normal (for what ever they consider normal over there) or 2) Not care and be throw (and possibly your family as well) into a labor camp for the rest of your life?

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    North Koreans. .crazy ass folks

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Cough *homefront* cough

5. Likes Kuro likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    North Koreans. .crazy ass government
    fixed

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    You are right about the missiles not being intercepted before they get here, but it's not because we don't have the ability. We do. We just prefer not taking a chance and dealing with the threat in other ways.The best way to do that is to cripple the entire delivery system. If they were planning to attack us, we would know well in advance and take appropriate actions, and NK knows this.
    do you have any evidence of this? i was under the impression that mutually assured destruction was still a counterbalance to the egos of those in power - and that by necessity means you don't have a strategic defense system in place to prevent a nuclear attack or second strike. in fact if you did you wouldn't hear the end of it from russia or china. you'd start another arms race.

i have no doubt that the US likes to suggest it has good missile defense. but in reality i doubt it. most are saturated quite quickly.

chickennooble has a point - but only for the time being.
    Last edited by J3ff3; 01-25-2013 at 02:11.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Cough *homefront* cough
    Lol I was thinking the same thing
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    fixed
    Touche bro..

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

PSN ID
    Chickenooble
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    i was under the impression that mutually assured destruction was still a counterbalance to the egos of those in power - and that by necessity means you don't have a strategic defense system in place to prevent a nuclear attack or second strike.
    Mutually assured destruction isn't even an option in regards to N. Korea. They don't have the number or quality of warheads to do massive damage.

The United States has several thousand warheads.
    North Korea has a handful.

The problem with N. Korea's arsenal is that their weaponry is low yield and would hardly put a dent in any cities should they make contact.

The Heisman
    North Korea threatens to bomb the U.S.

It must be Thursday.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenooble View Post
    Mutually assured destruction isn't even an option in regards to N. Korea. They don't have the number or quality of warheads to do massive damage.

The problem with N. Korea's arsenal is that their weaponry is low yield and would hardly put a dent in any cities should they make contact.
    You sound like some of our politicians when they said that the Iraq war would be quick and inexpensive....lol

Ultimate Veteran
    Did someone say invasion? Like Modern Warfare 2 or Red Dawn?

Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    I will lay this down so you all understand it easier

The North Koreans will never ever attack any nation and not even South Korea, because they would never risk it

Because the U.S and the rest of the world needs North Korea for were it is placed in the world
    Last edited by claud3; 01-25-2013 at 09:48.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenooble View Post

where did i say that mutually assured destruction was an option for north korea? they don't even have one suitable warhead. i was using MAD as evidence that you don't have effective strategic defense.

but taking your example - how many casualties would this 'dent' cause? enough to consider it a deterrence i'd wager.

its a very dangerous position to take saying "oh well, we can shoot them down", "we know where they launch from". Can you? Do you? perhaps in the near future you can and do (as of now they have no capability at all), but i wouldn't be so confident when parts of your intelligence need to come from local actors, the stakes are too high. especially when there's not a whole lot you can do in the longer term. what happens when they raise their ICBM numbers?

i'm hoping you're intelligent enough to not actually condone conventional warfare against a nuclear state!
    Last edited by J3ff3; 01-25-2013 at 11:04.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    so the 6 part talks are still not happening because the U.S and others want stupid deals with North Korea. I side with North Korea on this because they are not in the wrong at all here.

All other countries are in the wrong. North Korea has every right to fire Rockets and display their Military power and what they can do... If it reaches the U.S and others, big deal

And they are not the only one's doing this. So why are we singling them out as the bad guys here. When they are clearly not bad at all

No country on this planet has the right to tell others how to do things and what they build..

The U.S have no right policing the world and the sooner the U.S falls like the Romans the better, i am talking about the Government and not the people of the U.S

The U.S will find it really hard to be the police when they are the little boy in the corner being bullied by everyone else
    Last edited by claud3; 01-25-2013 at 11:22.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    so the 6 part talks are still not happening because the U.S and others want stupid deals with North Korea. I side with North Korea on this because they are not in the wrong at all here.

All other countries are in the wrong. North Korea has every right to fire Rockets and display their Military power and what they can do... If it reaches the U.S and others, big deal

And they are not the only one's doing this. So why are we singling them out as the bad guys here. When they are clearly not bad at all

No country on this planet has the right to tell others how to do things and what they build..

The U.S have no right policing the world and the sooner the U.S falls like the Romans the better, i am talking about the Government and not the people of the U.S

The U.S will find it really hard to be the police when they are the little boy in the corner being bullied by everyone else
    If a rocket reaches the US big deal? You realize it would be a live rocket and thousands would die, but hey no big deal.

US is damnd if we do damned if we don't with interfearing in countries that has a warmong dictator. Why many years ago there was a warmonger dictator and we didn't want any trouble with it because it was europes problem. The problem keep getting bigger and we stayed out because it was europes problem. Then they attacked us and we steped in. That dictator was Hitler. You want us to stand out and let another Hitler run wild? If something like that was to happen you guys would come crying for help. If nk has nukes that can reach US your damn right I want us to strike first so we don't lose millons of lives.

To be clear I do not agree with some of the countries we have been policing but I understand a reason why even tho I am sure there are secret motive also involved.

You clearly just hate the US and are bias in all your opinons so I do not expect you to see the other side. Knowing that I can not take anything you say seriously because your bias blinds you.
    Last edited by Yuuichi; 01-25-2013 at 12:54.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Unbound Mercenary
    Why would Korea even attempt to create hostilities with a country that could literally destroy the entire country.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    while i think claud's opinions are wildly inaccurate and almost bigoted in nature, i don't think the term 'warmongering' should be banded around quite so frequently.... its fairly ironic.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post

Guess we shouldn't of intervened during WW2 and just let nature take its course is what you are saying? Hey, at least it only took your country 56 years to pay back the war debt! No wonder our economy is suffering, we just need to stop helping everyone outside of the US and worry about ourselves...wonder how that would go...

Do I think our government could use some restructuring? Most definitely! Do I want it to fall like the Romans? Hell no! No government is perfect, and no one person here is going to 100% agree with them all the time, but we intervene because we have been through a lot over the years as well and want to help stabilize different areas...trust me, I am sure out troops don't enjoy getting shot and and killed on a daily basis either...
    Last edited by MonkeyClaw; 01-25-2013 at 14:22.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    Guess we shouldn't of intervened during WW2 and just let nature take its course is what you are saying? Hey, at least it only took your country 56 years to pay back the war debt! No wonder our economy is suffering, we just need to stop helping everyone outside of the US and worry about ourselves...wonder how that would go...
    ah yes, the US. the one outward looking altruistic nation.

the loan was in fact predominantly to allow the EU to remain a decent trading partner. it helped, not hindered, your economy.

don't let a silly uninformed post bog us down in national slagging matches. all nations are self interested when they go abroad, and none are very interested in 'stabilisation' unless it involves a sympathetic regieme. the US just does it more frequently as it has more to lose/protect.
    Last edited by J3ff3; 01-25-2013 at 14:37.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    ah yes, the US. the one outward looking altruistic nation.

the loan was in fact predominantly to allow the EU to remain a decent trading partner. it helped, not hindered, your economy.

don't let a silly uninformed post bog us down in national slagging matches. all nations are self interested when they go abroad, and none are very interested in 'stabilisation' unless it involves a sympathetic regieme. the US just does it more frequently as it has more to lose/protect.
    I am really not trying to start a slagging match, I just don't think it is fair for him to say that we need to "fall like the Romans"...like I said though, no government is perfect there are a bunch of things that ours does that a lot of people don't agree with (myself included) and I do think we could use a bit of restructuring as well!

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style

Do I think our government could use some restructuring? Most definitely! Do I want it to fall like the Romans? Hell no! No government is perfect, and no one person here is going to 100% agree with them all the time, but we intervene because we have been through a lot over the years as well and want to help stabilize different areas...trust me, I am sure out troops don't enjoy getting shot and and killed on a daily basis either...
    No I am saying we are damned if we do damned if we don't like I said earlier.

What country do you think I am btw?
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    I am really not trying to start a slagging match, I just don't think it is fair for him to say that we need to "fall like the Romans"...like I said though, no government is perfect there are a bunch of things that ours does that a lot of people don't agree with (myself included) and I do think we could use a bit of restructuring as well!
    yeah i know

just don't take his post too seriously. its not worth it.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    @Yuuichi, I know, and I completely agree with what you are saying!

@j3ff3, I know, I am settled down now, that "fall like the Romans" comment just hit me the wrong way!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    i am not hating the U.S people and people dying is what i fear will happen... But every country on this planet has the right to do things their own way

Simple as.... The WORLD WARS were different, they were based on actually invasions of nations and capital civil extinction

The wars now are not the same as the past wars... The wars now are off we run the world and therefore you can not do that and do this

North Korea, Iran, China, India, Liyba, Mali etc... Have the right to develope anything they want and that includes Nukes, missiles, weapons, full armies and squash their people in anyway they see fit

The U.S, English, French, Russia and Japan have been squashing their people for hundreds of years and killing their own kind and building Nukes, weapons, armies and invading nations

And yet have never ever been held for their actions and one or two nations now aka N.Korea and Iran do the same thing and they are not allowed

How dare any nation tell another how they should run their country
    Last edited by claud3; 01-25-2013 at 16:55.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Seems like North Korea doesnt understand the consequences which may occur.

Thread Information