Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 97
  1. #51
    Apprentice
    DeadCrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    443
    Rep Power
    14
    Points
    6,192 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    I will never understand North Korea and it's $#@!ed up logic and hatred for the rest of the world. The citizens, or should I say prisoners, there should rise up and get rid of the garbage government that they have always possessed. That government will eventually lead to their deaths in one form or another. Be it starvation due to lack of outside support/trade, or due to full on war, in which case they would be massacred.
    Plus, their government have been brainwashing their citizens since the days they were born. Whatever the government says, they automatically believe it. But what was interesting is on the day of Kim Jong il death, people who went to pay their respects to him, if you look at their faces, there's no tears coming from their eyes. It was like they were pretending to be sad. It was weird. But I could be wrong.

  2. #52
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,843
    Rep Power
    94
    Points
    148,915 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCrow View Post
    Plus, their government have been brainwashing their citizens since the days they were born. Whatever the government says, they automatically believe it. But what was interesting is on the day of Kim Jong il death, people who went to pay their respects to him, if you look at their faces, there's no tears coming from their eyes. It was like they were pretending to be sad. It was weird. But I could be wrong.
    If you lived there, would you 1) Pretend to to be sad about his death and live like normal (for what ever they consider normal over there) or 2) Not care and be throw (and possibly your family as well) into a labor camp for the rest of your life?

    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

  3. #53
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ore no Sekai
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    13,106
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    533,462 (0 Banked)
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    North Koreans. .crazy ass folks

    PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

  4. #54
    Master Poster
    LfCpS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    10,788 (0 Banked)
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Cough *homefront* cough

  5. Likes Kuro likes this post
  6. #55
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,322
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    30,849 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    North Koreans. .crazy ass government
    fixed

  7. #56
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    7,726 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    You are right about the missiles not being intercepted before they get here, but it's not because we don't have the ability. We do. We just prefer not taking a chance and dealing with the threat in other ways.The best way to do that is to cripple the entire delivery system. If they were planning to attack us, we would know well in advance and take appropriate actions, and NK knows this.
    do you have any evidence of this? i was under the impression that mutually assured destruction was still a counterbalance to the egos of those in power - and that by necessity means you don't have a strategic defense system in place to prevent a nuclear attack or second strike. in fact if you did you wouldn't hear the end of it from russia or china. you'd start another arms race.

    i have no doubt that the US likes to suggest it has good missile defense. but in reality i doubt it. most are saturated quite quickly.

    chickennooble has a point - but only for the time being.
    Last edited by J3ff3; 01-25-2013 at 02:11.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  8. #57
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ore no Sekai
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    13,106
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    533,462 (0 Banked)
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Cough *homefront* cough
    Lol I was thinking the same thing
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    fixed
    Touche bro..

    PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

  9. #58
    Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    PSN ID
    Chickenooble
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    13
    Points
    1,785 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    i was under the impression that mutually assured destruction was still a counterbalance to the egos of those in power - and that by necessity means you don't have a strategic defense system in place to prevent a nuclear attack or second strike.
    Mutually assured destruction isn't even an option in regards to N. Korea. They don't have the number or quality of warheads to do massive damage.

    The United States has several thousand warheads.
    North Korea has a handful.

    The problem with N. Korea's arsenal is that their weaponry is low yield and would hardly put a dent in any cities should they make contact.

  10. #59
    The Heisman
    DayWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    13,134
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    1,035 (9,287 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    North Korea threatens to bomb the U.S.

    It must be Thursday.

    By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

  11. #60
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,898
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    60,361 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenooble View Post
    Mutually assured destruction isn't even an option in regards to N. Korea. They don't have the number or quality of warheads to do massive damage.

    The United States has several thousand warheads.
    North Korea has a handful.

    The problem with N. Korea's arsenal is that their weaponry is low yield and would hardly put a dent in any cities should they make contact.
    You sound like some of our politicians when they said that the Iraq war would be quick and inexpensive....lol

  12. #61
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,290
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    6,413 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Did someone say invasion? Like Modern Warfare 2 or Red Dawn?

    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!


  13. #62
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,632
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    1,056 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I will lay this down so you all understand it easier

    The North Koreans will never ever attack any nation and not even South Korea, because they would never risk it

    Because the U.S and the rest of the world needs North Korea for were it is placed in the world
    Last edited by claud3; 01-25-2013 at 09:48.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  14. #63
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    7,726 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenooble View Post
    Mutually assured destruction isn't even an option in regards to N. Korea. They don't have the number or quality of warheads to do massive damage.

    The United States has several thousand warheads.
    North Korea has a handful.

    The problem with N. Korea's arsenal is that their weaponry is low yield and would hardly put a dent in any cities should they make contact.
    where did i say that mutually assured destruction was an option for north korea? they don't even have one suitable warhead. i was using MAD as evidence that you don't have effective strategic defense.

    but taking your example - how many casualties would this 'dent' cause? enough to consider it a deterrence i'd wager.

    its a very dangerous position to take saying "oh well, we can shoot them down", "we know where they launch from". Can you? Do you? perhaps in the near future you can and do (as of now they have no capability at all), but i wouldn't be so confident when parts of your intelligence need to come from local actors, the stakes are too high. especially when there's not a whole lot you can do in the longer term. what happens when they raise their ICBM numbers?

    i'm hoping you're intelligent enough to not actually condone conventional warfare against a nuclear state!
    Last edited by J3ff3; 01-25-2013 at 11:04.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  15. #64
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,632
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    1,056 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    so the 6 part talks are still not happening because the U.S and others want stupid deals with North Korea. I side with North Korea on this because they are not in the wrong at all here.

    All other countries are in the wrong. North Korea has every right to fire Rockets and display their Military power and what they can do... If it reaches the U.S and others, big deal

    And they are not the only one's doing this. So why are we singling them out as the bad guys here. When they are clearly not bad at all

    No country on this planet has the right to tell others how to do things and what they build..

    The U.S have no right policing the world and the sooner the U.S falls like the Romans the better, i am talking about the Government and not the people of the U.S

    The U.S will find it really hard to be the police when they are the little boy in the corner being bullied by everyone else
    Last edited by claud3; 01-25-2013 at 11:22.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  16. #65
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,047
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    15,639 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    so the 6 part talks are still not happening because the U.S and others want stupid deals with North Korea. I side with North Korea on this because they are not in the wrong at all here.

    All other countries are in the wrong. North Korea has every right to fire Rockets and display their Military power and what they can do... If it reaches the U.S and others, big deal

    And they are not the only one's doing this. So why are we singling them out as the bad guys here. When they are clearly not bad at all

    No country on this planet has the right to tell others how to do things and what they build..

    The U.S have no right policing the world and the sooner the U.S falls like the Romans the better, i am talking about the Government and not the people of the U.S

    The U.S will find it really hard to be the police when they are the little boy in the corner being bullied by everyone else
    If a rocket reaches the US big deal? You realize it would be a live rocket and thousands would die, but hey no big deal.

    US is damnd if we do damned if we don't with interfearing in countries that has a warmong dictator. Why many years ago there was a warmonger dictator and we didn't want any trouble with it because it was europes problem. The problem keep getting bigger and we stayed out because it was europes problem. Then they attacked us and we steped in. That dictator was Hitler. You want us to stand out and let another Hitler run wild? If something like that was to happen you guys would come crying for help. If nk has nukes that can reach US your damn right I want us to strike first so we don't lose millons of lives.


    To be clear I do not agree with some of the countries we have been policing but I understand a reason why even tho I am sure there are secret motive also involved.


    You clearly just hate the US and are bias in all your opinons so I do not expect you to see the other side. Knowing that I can not take anything you say seriously because your bias blinds you.
    Last edited by Yuuichi; 01-25-2013 at 12:54.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  17. #66
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,250
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    480,359 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Why would Korea even attempt to create hostilities with a country that could literally destroy the entire country.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  18. #67
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    7,726 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    while i think claud's opinions are wildly inaccurate and almost bigoted in nature, i don't think the term 'warmongering' should be banded around quite so frequently.... its fairly ironic.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  19. #68
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,843
    Rep Power
    94
    Points
    148,915 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    so the 6 part talks are still not happening because the U.S and others want stupid deals with North Korea. I side with North Korea on this because they are not in the wrong at all here.

    All other countries are in the wrong. North Korea has every right to fire Rockets and display their Military power and what they can do... If it reaches the U.S and others, big deal

    And they are not the only one's doing this. So why are we singling them out as the bad guys here. When they are clearly not bad at all

    No country on this planet has the right to tell others how to do things and what they build..

    The U.S have no right policing the world and the sooner the U.S falls like the Romans the better, i am talking about the Government and not the people of the U.S

    The U.S will find it really hard to be the police when they are the little boy in the corner being bullied by everyone else
    Guess we shouldn't of intervened during WW2 and just let nature take its course is what you are saying? Hey, at least it only took your country 56 years to pay back the war debt! No wonder our economy is suffering, we just need to stop helping everyone outside of the US and worry about ourselves...wonder how that would go...

    Do I think our government could use some restructuring? Most definitely! Do I want it to fall like the Romans? Hell no! No government is perfect, and no one person here is going to 100% agree with them all the time, but we intervene because we have been through a lot over the years as well and want to help stabilize different areas...trust me, I am sure out troops don't enjoy getting shot and and killed on a daily basis either...
    Last edited by MonkeyClaw; 01-25-2013 at 14:22.

    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

  20. #69
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    7,726 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    Guess we shouldn't of intervened during WW2 and just let nature take its course is what you are saying? Hey, at least it only took your country 56 years to pay back the war debt! No wonder our economy is suffering, we just need to stop helping everyone outside of the US and worry about ourselves...wonder how that would go...
    ah yes, the US. the one outward looking altruistic nation.

    the loan was in fact predominantly to allow the EU to remain a decent trading partner. it helped, not hindered, your economy.

    don't let a silly uninformed post bog us down in national slagging matches. all nations are self interested when they go abroad, and none are very interested in 'stabilisation' unless it involves a sympathetic regieme. the US just does it more frequently as it has more to lose/protect.
    Last edited by J3ff3; 01-25-2013 at 14:37.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  21. #70
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,843
    Rep Power
    94
    Points
    148,915 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    ah yes, the US. the one outward looking altruistic nation.

    the loan was in fact predominantly to allow the EU to remain a decent trading partner. it helped, not hindered, your economy.

    don't let a silly uninformed post bog us down in national slagging matches. all nations are self interested when they go abroad, and none are very interested in 'stabilisation' unless it involves a sympathetic regieme. the US just does it more frequently as it has more to lose/protect.
    I am really not trying to start a slagging match, I just don't think it is fair for him to say that we need to "fall like the Romans"...like I said though, no government is perfect there are a bunch of things that ours does that a lot of people don't agree with (myself included) and I do think we could use a bit of restructuring as well!

    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

  22. #71
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,047
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    15,639 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    Guess we shouldn't of intervened during WW2 and just let nature take its course is what you are saying? Hey, at least it only took your country 56 years to pay back the war debt! No wonder our economy is suffering, we just need to stop helping everyone outside of the US and worry about ourselves...wonder how that would go...

    Do I think our government could use some restructuring? Most definitely! Do I want it to fall like the Romans? Hell no! No government is perfect, and no one person here is going to 100% agree with them all the time, but we intervene because we have been through a lot over the years as well and want to help stabilize different areas...trust me, I am sure out troops don't enjoy getting shot and and killed on a daily basis either...
    No I am saying we are damned if we do damned if we don't like I said earlier.

    What country do you think I am btw?
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  23. #72
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    7,726 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I am really not trying to start a slagging match, I just don't think it is fair for him to say that we need to "fall like the Romans"...like I said though, no government is perfect there are a bunch of things that ours does that a lot of people don't agree with (myself included) and I do think we could use a bit of restructuring as well!
    yeah i know

    just don't take his post too seriously. its not worth it.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  24. #73
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,843
    Rep Power
    94
    Points
    148,915 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    @Yuuichi, I know, and I completely agree with what you are saying!

    @j3ff3, I know, I am settled down now, that "fall like the Romans" comment just hit me the wrong way!

    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

  25. #74
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,632
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    1,056 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    i am not hating the U.S people and people dying is what i fear will happen... But every country on this planet has the right to do things their own way

    Simple as.... The WORLD WARS were different, they were based on actually invasions of nations and capital civil extinction

    The wars now are not the same as the past wars... The wars now are off we run the world and therefore you can not do that and do this

    North Korea, Iran, China, India, Liyba, Mali etc... Have the right to develope anything they want and that includes Nukes, missiles, weapons, full armies and squash their people in anyway they see fit

    The U.S, English, French, Russia and Japan have been squashing their people for hundreds of years and killing their own kind and building Nukes, weapons, armies and invading nations

    And yet have never ever been held for their actions and one or two nations now aka N.Korea and Iran do the same thing and they are not allowed

    How dare any nation tell another how they should run their country
    Last edited by claud3; 01-25-2013 at 16:55.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  26. #75
    Veteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Posts
    4,129
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    95,216 (4,000 Banked)
    Seems like North Korea doesnt understand the consequences which may occur.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.