Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Plan A: fence it out a year, get my last drops out of my PC-rig, or failing that seeing that the launch titles are too irresistable -

Plan B: Day 1.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

yup me too

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Day 1, most likely.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Apprentice
    Not me, I will wait a little bit before buying it and it's mainly to see if the system is stable enough. Might take a few months before I buy one but you never know when an explosion of failure rates hit. I don't want to go through all that stuff. Now, if they have nice launch titles that I must have, I will buy it on the 1st day.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    Not me, I will wait a little bit before buying it and it's mainly to see if the system is stable enough. Might take a few months before I buy one but you never know when an explosion of failure rates hit. I don't want to go through all that stuff. Now, if they have nice launch titles that I must have, I will buy it on the 1st day.
    I've never had issues with first batch consoles, or any electronics for that matter. I'm just lucky, I guess.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Apprentice
    I haven't had any issues either, Don't really know why I stated that though since I have yet to have any playstation issues. I still have the PS3 launch console in my livingroom and it works great. It's probably because the tech is getting greater in the systems. Kind of like cars, you get that car with a bunch of tech and something is going to crap out on it. the more tech you have in something, the more something can go wrong. I don't know hahaha

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    I've never had issues with first batch consoles, or any electronics for that matter. I'm just lucky, I guess.
    Yeah my experience with launch products has been stellar. I have no problem buying this day one.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    I've decided not to this time, I bought the PS3 and a HD TV on release day and don't regret it but seeing what happened with the price dropping pretty fast, a large amount of FW updates and HDD upgrades as well as the fact that my TV was one of the original type of HD Tv's with no usb slots etc...

I'm going to wait a year maybe, save some cash and then get gaming!

Click HERE for my Videos

If they use AMD products and not the cell, I will become the Ps4+PC master race

Superior Member
    Items Vita
    It's probably going to be day one for me. The only thing that I'm interested in seeing on the reveal is how much PSN is going to be part of the PS4, and if PS Plus is going to seamlessly transition onto the new system. That, and if it's going to be region locked.
    Professional assassination. It's the highest form of public service. - Chiun

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    DynamicSun
    No. I'll wait until the PS4 Slim is out... Unless the Slim one won't have some functions the OG one did.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by gusgus View Post
    It's probably going to be day one for me. The only thing that I'm interested in seeing on the reveal is how much PSN is going to be part of the PS4, and if PS Plus is going to seamlessly transition onto the new system. That, and if it's going to be region locked.
    It has been said that PS plus will be on PS4. If the structure changes i guess we will have to see.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    No. I want the better system bundled with 6 games and movies like the smart people who waited.

Unless Ground Zeroes is announced as a launch title.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Around December/Jan when XBox Infinity/720 rumours were heating up; I was seriously considering buying that first then a PS4 at some point. But now, based on MS' comments and just thinking about how they have treated their last two consoles; I'm more inclined to stick with a PS4 on launch day and years and years after; and maybe just pick up a next-gen Xbox when it's cheap (like these days) - and play the exclusives backlog.

So yeah; I think PS4 is the choice for me - at least when next-gen launches. Not to mention my PS+ library and Son'y unrelenting approach to first party and development of NEW IPs; REGARDLESS OF SALES. Rightly or wrongly, this is what appeals to me.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

15. Likes Tetsu likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    No. I want the better system bundled with 6 games and movies like the smart people who waited.

Unless Ground Zeroes is announced as a launch title.
    I think we'll see Metal Gear Solid 5 on the PS4. Ground Zeroes is a current-gen title though we're supposed to hear more about it at this year's GDC.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Around December/Jan when XBox Infinity/720 rumours were heating up; I was seriously considering buying that first then a PS4 at some point. But now, based on MS' comments and just thinking about how they have treated their last two consoles; I'm more inclined to stick with a PS4 on launch day and years and years after; and maybe just pick up a next-gen Xbox when it's cheap (like these days) - and play the exclusives backlog.

So yeah; I think PS4 is the choice for me - at least when next-gen launches. Not to mention my PS+ library and Son'y unrelenting approach to first party and development of NEW IPs; REGARDLESS OF SALES. Rightly or wrongly, this is what appeals to me.
    Yep. It bothers me when people discredit the PS3 exclusives that don't sell well. Does that mean it's a bad game? Hell no. Imo it's just more of a selection that the sales are spanned across multiple title instead of the few AAA titles. There is no denying that Sony supports the hell out of their exclusives.

18. Likes Tetsu likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    No, not day 1 solely because of 1. Known/Established Franchises i know will come for it and 2. How poor PSN was handled during this generation.

1. Resistance/Killzone/LBP just dont say anything to me and i dont play FPS games due to the controller on consoles anyway. If if will be able to hook up mouse/keyboard from any PC's hardware i might play em when my pc cant follow a certain new release maybe ie. BF4.

There has to be a new IP for it at launch date or very close afterwards that will grab my attention. Something like Watch Dogs or that Cyberpunk game that recently got announced would have stirred my attention. Not really interested in that Last Guardian title either if it shud be announced on PS4.

2. Backup compatibilty or streaming of older console games might lure me in. But the way PSN was so poorly handled during PS3 and only recently seem to have reached a acceptable state i cant really see how well Sony is gonna juggle these things if theyre gonna be possible on it, it didnt go to well under this generation. Also PSN EU compared to US is somewhat of a joke. The free games you get seem to almost always be the ones i would have bought on retail or day 1 and the rest of the stuff is lame themes/avatars of games id never be interested in. The US store was more interesting in its selection. And one last thing the store design is just a complete joke now, sluggish and messy in general. I used to always wait for the new update on the store and had atleast 1 weekly visit on it now i just dont use it at all anymore unless ive heard about a demo for a game i want or a extremely cheap offer.

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Yep. It bothers me when people discredit the PS3 exclusives that don't sell well. Does that mean it's a bad game? Hell no. Imo it's just more of a selection that the sales are spanned across multiple title instead of the few AAA titles. There is no denying that Sony supports the hell out of their exclusives.
    While I don't agree with the bold comment, I do agree with discrediting PS3 exclusives based on sales. Look at how crappy SOCOM 4 sold, and yet that is one of my all time favorite games (and favorite SOCOM to date).

Superior Member
    Only if I can grab a pre-order for one. I camped outside best buy for ps3 and I don't plan on ever wanting to do that again haha. If I'm unable to get a pre-order I will get one 1st chance I can.
    "Bigfoot is blurry, that is the problem...it is not the photographers fault...Bigfoot is blurry and that is extra scary to me because there is an extra large out-of-focus creature roaming the countryside....Run he's fuzzy, get out of here" ~ Mitch Hedburg, RIP you crazy fool

Master Poster
    Question is. Will it still be free region like the ps3 ?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    While I don't agree with the bold comment, I do agree with discrediting PS3 exclusives based on sales. Look at how crappy SOCOM 4 sold, and yet that is one of my all time favorite games (and favorite SOCOM to date).
    Yeah people look at how the games sell at different aspects. There is no way to judge why the games sell less than others. But I don't understand when people jump on a game because it doesn't sell well. Some games just don't sell well because they don't appeal to everyone. I think that is also the case with a good bit of Sony's exclusives. I believe a lot of it also boils down to poor marketing which has been Sony's biggest problem this gen. They have exclusives come out that people outside of the internet don't really know much about it. MS releases an exclusive everyone and their mother knows about it. MS definitely beat the hell out of Sony in the marketing department this gen.

Like you mentioned Socom. It falls right into that category. Socom has a very dedicated fan base but it takes more than just a dedicated fan base for games that aren't major releases. You have to put your product out there so people know about it.

24. Likes Tetsu likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Vichael
    Items The Beatles
    I'll try and wait until the price drops, but I'll probably fail miserably and end up buying it within a few days.

Apprentice
    I don't think Socom should fall into that category. One of the reasons is that everyone knew people wanted a Socom game closer to the 1st Socom that was made and that was clearly a great game. The developers never listened and they kept steering farther away from the original formula of Socom. I show no pity for their loss of sales, it's all on them and they knew from the beginning what they should've done to get more sales and they ignored it.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Unless for some reason it comes in at $299 or less (which I think we can all agree is a No Way in Hell situation.) I'll probably wait for 1yr, like I did the PS3. Get some titles built up, get some that are in the falling price bracket as well, get the first update/spin w/ bugs worked out done and a price drop, then I'll jump in.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    I will probably get it within the first month of release. I can't wait too long. Although I should since I don't have much time to play anymore and have a lot of games still sealed.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information