Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

Short term skill cap proposal (Dev post @ official forums)

Dear players,

Continuing our philosophy of developing our games in collaboration with the player base, we would like to engage with you on the topic of skill points, based on the lively discussion here on the forums and your detailed feedback on what changes you would like to see applied to our current skill point reward system. Your comments and concerns are important to us and we are taking steps to address them as soon as we can.

We are well aware of the fact that the daily/weekly skill point rollover system is the favorite amongst the community, and we are implementing such a system aimed at the next major release. However, the change to add a roll over system is not immediately possible. The five options that we can apply in the immediate short term are the following:

1) Daily cap with an increased soft cap
    2) Weekly cap with an increased soft cap
    3) No changes to the current system (daily cap + low soft cap)
    4) Daily cap with no limit on the soft cap
    5) Weekly cap with no limit on the soft cap

Internally we are leaning towards a weekly cap, as it offers the closest alternative to a roll over system. As with a roll over system, a weekly cap allows players to better choose when to play within each week without having to jump in every day to secure all possible skill points.

The increased soft cap would entail rewarding one skill point for each warpoint after the normal daily or weekly cap has been hit, up to the increased soft cap (currently 50 SP, we will raise it to 1000 SP per match). This is to provide an incentive towards playing well even after the cap has been reached and make the play experience after hitting the cap better. We are also considering another alternative, which is to *not* have a cap (of 1k) on the soft cap, so, after weekly cap is hit, you still get 1 SP per WP at end of match. We would like to hear which of these you like better as well (cap on the soft cap vs no cap on soft cap).

In order to vote, please click “Like” button in the following “5” replies in this thread and tell us what you would like to see implemented to the game immediately.

We would like to remind you that these changes do not represent the final skill point system and that we are still working hard on getting to the fully polished rollover system later on.

Thank you for all your feedback so far, and we are looking forward to your votes.
    https://forums.dust514.com/default.a...33&find=unread

Can go there and vote if ya want too. I think 2 looks good.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    yeah i like the look of 2 also. i'll jump on there in a bit and cast a vote

it offers quite an effective compromise between casual and gamer gamers. (never liked the 'Hardcore' moniker )
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Dear players,

Thank you for voting on the following options on the Skill Point system. We carefully followed the discussion and the voting process, and in the upcoming days we will be deploying the following system to the server:

• Weekly skill point cap of 190.400 SP (without boosters) from fighting in battles
    • Players who have maxed out their cap will receive 1 SP per warpoint up to a limit of 1.000 SP per each battle

We chose to go with Option #2 (limiting skill points earned to a maximum of 1.000 SP per battle after the cap has been hit) as it was both the safer and the most popular option among the players. We will monitor the situation after the changes are live and look forward to receiving feedback from you. Once again, we would like to remind you that weekly skill point rollover system is being worked on and that this is just the temporary solution that we are implementing.

Thank you once again for your participation and feedback!

We will see you on the battlefield.
    The result. Not bad.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    weekly cap sounds good

i think i reached the cap yesterday and it was lame

1,000sp a battle thereafter seems somewhat commendable, it stops people from racing away with skill progression.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I like this choice.

But how will the roll-over system work? Does that mean we'll end up getting the SP we missed at a later time?

Apprentice

excellent. this is the one i voted for on the dust forums. I hated that i had to come on to grind everyday just to keep up with the pack.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    is there still a daily cap?

that match that i played with you ghostie only got me 50sp

i don't think i've ever gotten that little before
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Thread Information