Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by jlippone View Post
    I would love to see early papers on TXAA, also it doesn't operate on normal image and needs MSAA subsamples.
    It isn't post AA, but a custom resolve for a MSAA.
    Yes, sorry you are correct. It still doesn't change the fact that he didnt invent it, hell even ati had tried an implementation of it prior to nvidias version way back.

http://m.tomshardware.com/reviews/anti-aliasing-nvidia-geforce-amd-radeon,2868-6.html
    Last edited by mynd; 01-30-2013 at 06:58.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Yes, sorry you are correct. It still doesn't change the fact that he didnt invent it, hell even ati had tried an implementation of it prior to nvidias version way back.

http://m.tomshardware.com/reviews/an...on,2868-6.html
    There is a lot more to a TXAA than just wide tent filter. (which is old trick like you said.)
    TXAA also does 'proper' HDR resolve and has temporal reprojection component to address temporal flickering.
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Still at the bunnies tea party, trying to figure out how to leave with causing alarm
    Last edited by Bio; 02-01-2013 at 06:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    This is some awesome stuff Lottes is foreseeing as being possible on PS4. I can't wait for him to do a follow-up on this, after the system releases and everything is out on the table.

Timothy Lottes is at the render team of Epic Games now(as of atleast April 15, 2013). So, that can only mean good things for UE4.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I think that is what lot of people are missing when they keep talking about the specs, even though the specs are slower than the PC counterparts since it is using hardware that is set in stone the developers can tweak and do stuff that you just won't see on a PC! Great info, nice find Lefein!
    I agree I think that should always be taken into consideration when a console vs pc battle comes up. Pc does some things better and the console has some better features.

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Forum Elder
    After reading all these responses I've figured out mynd really dislikes Sony.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    After reading all these responses I've figured out mynd really dislikes Sony.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Wasn't anything to do with Sony, Lottes shot his mouth off without thinking, and had to back down on what he said.
    Last edited by mynd; 07-24-2013 at 02:48.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    I can imagine that one night when i was just a las, that i came across a rose bush of striking color and i kept wondering to myself

Was it time for me to visit the snow queen of Issmar ruddot,,, I kept asking myself that i have been there and i sorted out my worries over the camel and the lost ring off kissmar

But since i traveled the land and look within myself, i know for certain that i will win the heart off Tim the son off a weapons maker and the son off a house keeper

But can it truly be the fate off all ladies that one day they have to leave and seek out the true value off love and trust and never break the bond between family and friends

?
    Last edited by claud3; 07-24-2013 at 01:41.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I can imagine that one night when i was just a las, that i came across a rose bush of striking color and i kept wondering to myself

Was it time for me to visit the snow queen of Issmar ruddot,,, I kept asking myself that i have been there and i sorted out my worries over the camel and the lost ring off kissmar

But since i traveled the land and look within myself, i know for certain that i will win the heart off Tim the son off a weapons maker and the son off a house keeper

But can it truly be the fate off all ladies that one day they have to leave and seek out the true value off love and trust and never break the bond between family and friends

?
    My point exactly!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I can imagine that one night when i was just a las, that i came across a rose bush of striking color and i kept wondering to myself Was it time for me to visit the snow queen of Issmar ruddot,,, I kept asking myself that i have been there and i sorted out my worries over the camel and the lost ring off kissmar But since i traveled the land and look within myself, i know for certain that i will win the heart off Tim the son off a weapons maker and the son off a house keeper But can it truly be the fate off all ladies that one day they have to leave and seek out the true value off love and trust and never break the bond between family and friends ?
    Dude, lay off the psychedelics for awhile. lol

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Wasn't anything to do with Sony, Lottes shot is mouth off without thinking, and had to back down on what he said.
    LoL, I wonder if Nvidia let him go because of that. His blog was at the end of January, then he was with Epic Games by April 15th, less than 3 months later. With Nvidia's immature comments about PS4's weak potential power, probably stemming from them feeling a little sour about AMD making the deal with ALL next-gen consoles and potentially setting up a stronger share for AMD on the PC gaming market because of this. With hints of this already beginning with big game engines like Frostbite 3 being optimized specifically for AMD hardware. Also, with him being with Epic Games render team, he probably can't talk too deeply about the specs anymore, especially if he's a part of a team that's making a title for next gen.

Thread Information