Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Most 3rd party developers will go with console parity since this time Sony wont be going with an alien architecture. It will be Sony's first party developers that will let the PS4 really stretch its legs. You may get the occasional 3rd party that leads on PS4 and ports down to 720 but most will develop with the lower common denominator in mind. Assuming of course that the power diffirence rumors are actually even true.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-27-2013 at 19:32.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    Wasn't the PS3 more powerful than. The 360 and have worse developer support.

No one gives a $#@! about power when developers will doe to the lowest common denominator and they will go with the console with the best development tools and works on more than one platform.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    On paper PS3 is "supposedly" more powerful but its bottlenecked by a weaker GPU and a split RAM pool. Thats what generally hurts it in multiplats truth be told. Many 3rd party developers have even stated this.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-27-2013 at 20:23.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    Sony doesn't pursue multiplat stuff aggressively tho. MS does and will
    your kidding, right?

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Most 3rd party developers will go with console parity since this time Sony wont be going with an alien architecture. It will be Sony's first party developers that will let the PS4 really stretch its legs. You may get the occasional 3rd party that leads on PS4 and ports down to 720 but most will develop with the lower common denominator in mind. Assuming of course that the power diffirence rumors are actually even true.
    of course, i don't know the first thing about modern programming, but if i'm to assume that both consoles will use PC architecture. i'm sure that just as with high end PC's making use of the extra power they have over lesser PC's, that a PS4 game will take advantage of the extra power that it has.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    of course, i don't know the first thing about modern programming, but if i'm to assume that both consoles will use PC architecture. i'm sure that just as with high end PC's making use of the extra power they have over lesser PC's, that a PS4 game will take advantage of the extra power that it has.
    Sadly that's not how it works in the console business. Having more power doesn't necessarily mean that much better-looking games, the games aren't scalable like PC counter-parts. On the consoles, it's up to the developer to decide how the game will look and play...having a more powerful console doesn't cut it that easily. They have to go out of their way to use the resources.

That's why Halo looked far superior than anything on the PS2 and yet most multiplats had small differences. The Xbox had a lot more power but not utilized enough.

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    as a selling point it will mean bugger all when Sony do there E3 reveal after MS and show a more powerful machine, at that point... what ever MS revealed will be quickly forgotten about as Sony go onto reveal how much better multi-plats will run on there system.
    Im eager to see how powerful the ps4 will be at a price point similar to the wiiu. Not alot of resources available to Sony with there financial woes.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    your kidding, right?
    Not at all, Sony even said they wouldn't throw money just to get exclusive stuff from 3rd parties. MS does it rather it's timed, dlc, extra perks ect. Not saying Sony just sits there doing nothing, they just aren't aggressive about it

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    Not at all, Sony even said they wouldn't throw money just to get exclusive stuff from 3rd parties. MS does it rather it's timed, dlc, extra perks ect. Not saying Sony just sits there doing nothing, they just aren't aggressive about it
    Exclusive DLC for Far Cry 3, AC3, joker maps for Batman and extras for other 3rd party games all say hi. Sony has definitley gotten more aggressive about it as of late.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Compared to 360 they aren't aggressive is what I'm saying, of course we on occasion get stuff they don't, but that's usually not the case

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Sounds lame. Don't want. I also don't have space around my tv for crap like this.

Just concentrate on making GAMES and give us some damn exclusives for once

Forum Sage
    Exclusive DLC for Far Cry 3, AC3, joker maps for Batman and extras for other 3rd party games all say hi. Sony has definitley gotten more aggressive about it as of late.
    Still not quite as aggressive as Microsoft is.....Sony definitely needs to be...

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Still not quite as aggressive as Microsoft is.....Sony definitely needs to be...
    Specially since 3rd party support was one of the main things that helped Sony win their first couple gens

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Sounds lame. Don't want. I also don't have space around my tv for crap like this.

With the console market shrinking facing stiff competition from the PC android and apple phones games may not be enough to move consoles. Buyers will be looking for other forms of entertainment to keep them intrested. Next gen consoles will be a full entertaiment piece.
    Last edited by The Sith; 01-27-2013 at 23:18.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    But still more than they used to be. But I agree that they need to be more so.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow

Whats this infatuation with exclusives all the time? Thats all you ever hear on this forum. lol Just give us good games. Who besides console warriors on the internet honestly care whether theyre exclusive or not? The average gamer in the real world doesnt. If a game looks good to them they just buy it. They dont buy it because its exclusive. lol

Master Guru
    Some gamers just dont understand the video game business at all. Thirdnparty supportmis what drives the business. If Sony or MS decide to go exclusivemonlynthey would die a quick agonizing death.

17. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Whats this infatuation with exclusives all the time? Thats all you ever hear on this forum. lol Just give us good games. Who besides console warriors on the internet honestly care whether theyre exclusive or not? The average gamer in the real world doesnt. If a game looks good to them they just buy it. They dont buy it because its exclusive. lol
    You would think they have learned this by now. Not saying exclusives are a bad thing. It's great for gamers but for Sony's business, it was not so great. I do think Nin and MS owe some of their success to sony because they saw what sony was doing and did the exact opposite. I just think they need to do a better job of finding their audience next gen.

On topic: MS needs to have a good show on this projection thing at E-3. If they don't it may be a hard sell.

19. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    If a game looks good to me, yes I'll buy it, and possibly buy a system for it. But it gets to a point where I am with the Xbox 360 now where for the last few years there hasn't been much coming out. I'm not talking about ONLY having exclusive games haha, I'm saying that Xbox just need MORE things you can only play on the box.

But if more and more studios are going 3rd party and there are less and less exclusives what is the point of owning a 360/nextbox and a PS3/4? Its up to Microsoft to produce lots of exclusives so us as consumers WANT to buy a console to experience things we can't on any other platform. Otherwise, what's the point of buying it if 99% of the games are on the other console.

Forum Sage
    If a game looks good to me, yes I'll buy it, and possibly buy a system for it. But it gets to a point where I am with the Xbox 360 now where for the last few years there hasn't been much coming out. I'm not talking about ONLY having exclusive games haha, I'm saying that Xbox just need MORE things you can only play on the box.
    Why? I think there is plenty out there. Every genre is pretty much covered and you have Kinect for those who like that sort of stuff.

But if more and more studios are going 3rd party and there are less and less exclusives what is the point of owning a 360/nextbox and a PS3/4? Its up to Microsoft to produce lots of exclusives so us as consumers WANT to buy a console to experience things we can't on any other platform. Otherwise, what's the point of buying it if 99% of the games are on the other console.
    I'm sure they will but it will be more than just games. This projection thing may do that if they do it right.

Forum Sage
    That's all you ever hear on this forum is because most people here are individuals and speak for what they want. Not for what an average joe gamer thinks/or wants.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Why? I think there is plenty out there. Every genre is pretty much covered and you have Kinect for those who like that sort of stuff.
    I don't, this year there is one Xbox 360 retail exclusive and its Gears.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I'm sure they will but it will be more than just games. This projection thing may do that if they do it right.
    It could possibly be cool, but obviously I'm just assuming, but from my years of games retail experience the vast majority of people want a console for one thing, and that is games

That's all you ever hear on this forum is because most people here are individuals and speak for what they want. Not for what an average joe gamer thinks/or wants.....
    Yes, thankyou. As a part of a forum I was stating my opinion and I say there isn't enough exclusives, and for god's sake there is barely any. I want more and I want to play my xbox more but there isn't much there.

Anyway, sorry for derailing so much I just think MS priorities are in the wrong places
    Last edited by DarkVincent07; 01-28-2013 at 03:54.

Forum Overseer
    Well I think that point can't be argued as it's clearly in the right direction for people that love the Xbox 360.

25. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    lol Oh please, spare me the bull$#@! rhetoric. I usually hear it more from Sony fanboys who of course come from a hive mindset and are definitley not individual thinkers but rather people just looking for a reason to dump on the 360 either out of sheer bias or to justify their purchase and reassure themselves. People here even go so far as to say 360 has no games just because it has less exclusives as if exclusives are the only titles that even count. Dont sit there and pretend its for some other more noble reason. lol I'm not saying everyone is like that but quite a few on here are. And sorry to break it to you but people like you and what you want are in the vast minority. The "average joe gamer" is the majority rule and theyre the backbone of console and game sales. Sony learned that lesson when every exclusive that they launched in 2012 flopped. PS3 gamers went out bought 3rd party games that year like AC3, FC3, COD and Dishonored. So what "average joe gamer"wants trumps what you want because they are the majority and youre not. MS has already tuned into that while Sony is still learning it the hard way.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-28-2013 at 07:42.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow

I just want good games. The point in buying it is online service, free online or not free, controller preference and console features. In the beginning of a generation exclusives are more important of course which is why MS started with much more exclusives. Would I like to see MS add more core 1st party? Of course. But it just seems like a real obsession with alot of posters on this forum most who have a history of extreme bias so I have to question their real motive for constantly throwing it out there at every opportunity like a parrot over and over. And I'm not directing that at you in particular. And for the record Im actually leaning very heavily towards PS4 only next gen mainly for the free online and hopefully an improved PS+ for the US. I'd rather pay for something like that than just the privilege to play my games online.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-28-2013 at 05:46.

Forum Sage
    I don't, this year there is one Xbox 360 retail exclusive and its Gears.
    So far it's just gears. There could be something else coming. The next xbox should should cover the rest.

It could possibly be cool, but obviously I'm just assuming, but from my years of games retail experience the vast majority of people want a console for one thing, and that is games
    Yea, they do want games and some want the other bells and whistles too. I think the added multimedia thing doesn't hurt.

29. Likes mistercrow likes this post

Thread Information