Latest PSU headlines:

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style

Hackers at it again.

I didn't know anything about this until recently. He was practically a genius. I also didn't know he was a co=founder of Reddit. A lot of people saying the goverment killed him

WASHINGTON (AP) The hacker-activist group Anonymous says it hijacked the website of the U.S. Sentencing Commission to avenge the death of Aaron Swartz, an Internet activist who committed suicide.
    The website of the commission, an independent agency of the judicial branch, was taken over early Saturday and replaced with a message warning that when Swartz killed himself two weeks ago "a line was crossed."
    The hackers say they've infiltrated several government computer systems and copied secret information that they now threaten to make public.
    Family and friends of Swartz, who helped create Reddit and RSS, say he killed himself after he was hounded by federal prosecutors. Officials say he helped post millions of court documents for free online and that he illegally downloaded millions of academic articles from an online clearinghouse.

image upload
    Associated Press - This screen shot shows the website of the U.S. Sentencing Commission after it was hijacked by the hacker-activist group Anonymous, early Saturday, Jan. 26, 2013, to avenge the death of Aaron Swartz, an Internet activist who committed suicide. The website of the commission, an independent agency of the judicial branch, was replaced with a message warning that when Swartz killed himself two weeks ago "a line was crossed." (AP Photo)

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Wasnt he on trial for some things?

This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Dude had deeper mental issues than "being hounded by prosecutors" as all suicide people do.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Wasnt he on trial for some things?
    I think he hacked into something he shouldn't have did. :P

Yuuichi- Not trying to make conspiracy theory but everyone that advocates usually get's killed. coincidence? maybe!

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I like that just a group of hackers are able to hack into governmental database as it was like eating ice cream with a spoon. No doubts anonymous are very skilled.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    I like that just a group of hackers are able to hack into governmental database as it was like eating ice cream with a spoon. No doubts anonymous are very skilled.
    Or the governments are very poor at securing their interwebs and private informations.

This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they just hijack the website of the commission? It's not like they got into some high grade secrets here, so it doesn't seem that impressive to me.

Thread Information