Latest PSU headlines:

Thread: psn+ games

Elite Guru
    Items User name style

psn+ games

sooooo......

when i download a psn+ game, and then the games get changed from month to month, do i get to keep the games and continue playing them?
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Your keep them for good but you won't be able to play it when your plus expires

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from BlackColeBattlefield 3
    Once your PS PLUS ends, you will not be able to play any games that you got for free.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    cool, cheers guys
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from BlackColeBattlefield 3
    You are welcome friend.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

What I do since I don't really want to download everything right away is "buy" all of the games that come out and keep them in my download queue until I decide to play them. Once you've bought the game it's yours forever unless you run out of time on your ps plus which you'll have to keep topped up every once in awhile.

PSN ID
    Chuckzv2
    Bro to be honest I just today starting HATING PS+
    I always loved the idea of PlayStation releasing free game to PlayStation plus subscribers every now and then.
    I also read that (AND KNEW)once your PlayStation plus membership expired that the games that where downloaded using this feature would no longer be playable and would expire due to the membership expiring. You would then need to re-activate your membership for you to continue playing and enjoying those games and until then they would not be playable.

This was not the case for me until today. I swear I kept using promotional PlayStation plus codes and when they would expire somehow I would still be able to play those games (no lie) I continued playing through my games even when not subscribed to plus. Until today I finally received and expiration notice when trying to boot a game. HOW WHACK IS THAT!

If you really think about it you are spending MORE money at the end...Because you have to continue paying to play a game that you can pay once for and play forever, PlayStation plus is basically a RENTAL service for games. WTF is that? Id ending spending more money by continuously paying the subscription cost until I no longer wish to play the game. Paying once for the game upfront one time is obviously the better choice

I really am aggravated by this feature of expiration...

I'm a hater, a traito.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckzV2 View Post
    Bro to be honest I just today starting HATING PS+
    I always loved the idea of PlayStation releasing free game to PlayStation plus subscribers every now and then.
    I also read that (AND KNEW)once your PlayStation plus membership expired that the games that where downloaded using this feature would no longer be playable and would expire due to the membership expiring. You would then need to re-activate your membership for you to continue playing and enjoying those games and until then they would not be playable.

This was not the case for me until today. I swear I kept using promotional PlayStation plus codes and when they would expire somehow I would still be able to play those games (no lie) I continued playing through my games even when not subscribed to plus. Until today I finally received and expiration notice when trying to boot a game. HOW WHACK IS THAT!

If you really think about it you are spending MORE money at the end...Because you have to continue paying to play a game that you can pay once for and play forever, PlayStation plus is basically a RENTAL service for games. WTF is that? Id ending spending more money by continuously paying the subscription cost until I no longer wish to play the game. Paying once for the game upfront one time is obviously the better choice

I really am aggravated by this feature of expiration...
    Yeah, €60 once off for a game, or €50 for a year and a fuck load of games that you can play as many times as you want, get loads of discounts, plus the extra stuff like automatic updates.

Real logical arguement bro.

9. Likes Ghost wishes they had posted this first.
    PSN ID
    Chuckzv2
    The games at the giveaway aren't even worth 60 bucks they were less like the range is just like 15 to 30 tops. If you want to continue using those games have to continuously pay 50 dollars for an entire year at the end you're always spending more money that's if you continue paying every year

Sent from my HTC Rezound 4G LTE Smartphone

I'm a hater, a traito.
    The games at the giveaway aren't even worth 60 bucks they were less like the range is just like 15 to 30 tops. If you want to continue using those games have to continuously pay 50 dollars for an entire year at the end you're always spending more money that's if you continue paying every year

Sleeping dogs, Mass effect 3, Resi 5 gold, MotorStorm Apocalypse , Red Dead (+nightmare)... (apart from ME3 which is released next week, I play all of these regularly.)

Plus more that I've forgotten about, and great psn games like Limbo, that's a pretty good lineup for less than a fiver a month.

PSN ID
    Chuckzv2
    Quote Originally Posted by irish-sid View Post
    Sleeping dogs, Mass effect 3, Resi 5 gold, MotorStorm Apocalypse , Red Dead (+nightmare)... (apart from ME3 which is released next week, I play all of these regularly.)

Plus more that I've forgotten about, and great psn games like Limbo, that's a pretty good lineup for less than a fiver a month.
    I'm a big gamer I get that that's cool, your words are vindictive all I'm saying is that eventually you're going to reach a point where you're going to have past supporting PlayStation Plus, then making a 1 time purchase to own it. And then the daily you do stop paying for PlayStation Plus you no longer have access to those games. Even if you passed that limit on spending more with PlayStation Plus then you would have buying it

I hope that makes sense..
    Its the regulations that bother me not the service or features.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    for me , ps+ is the biggest deal that I got from gaming market. Vita alone is almost free thanks to my ps+ account. I am not going to repeat irish-sid and name all those ps3 games&deals...
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

PSN ID
    Chuckzv2
    I guess it makes more sense if you own more playstation equipment. It does sound better that way. The more you game the better the membership works.

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    You are saying you will eventually pay more for the game using PS+ then by just buying the game.

I guess that could be true, if the only reason you are paying for playstation plus is to keep the games they have already given you, and ignore any future releases.

PS+ gives 2-3 games every month. I played Resident Evil 5 when they gave it to me a few months ago and completed it. I am now still a PS+ member, not to keep resident evil 5. I'm done with that game. I keep paying because of games that will be coming out this month, or next month.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow

The NA PS+ doesnt have any of those games you mentioned. NA PS+ gets crap. So you cant blame the NA guys for not being as excited about PS+ as you EU guys are.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    The NA PS+ doesnt have any of those games you mentioned. NA PS+ gets crap. So you cant blame the NA guys for not being as excited about PS+ as you EU guys are.
    You guys just got Spec Ops the Line.

It's a Publisher and locale thing. PS Blog podcasts have said as much. Different areas; different jurisdiction, different relations.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    You guys just got Spec Ops the Line.

It's a Publisher and locale thing. PS Blog podcasts have said as much. Different areas; different jurisdiction, different relations.
    Meh. Excuses. Sony could do it if they wanted to.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    It was the EU who used to get screwed over when PS+ first started.

20. Likes Admartian wishes they had posted this first.
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items Vita
    I use to Envy what NA got with their Plus, you got the Spyro games, we didnt and i was a very sad grizzly bear.

It seems now however that the tables have turned!

Also, im still playing Dracula: Undead Awakening and it was the first game i ever got on Plus about an year and a half ago. so yes aslong as your subbed you get to play em, and i cant see any reason not to be :-p but thats my opinion coz i see others here disagree.
    There once was a man named Sidney, he used to collect shells on the beach. everything was going well for him. untill he stopped and took a look, he had a glance and a stare and realised he what he was reading.
    It was a forum signature full of nonsense

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    Is there any place that sells Eu PS+ cards, so I can get one on an NA console?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakihara_Anjo View Post
    I've gotten US PSN cards through Amazon US. Maybe try the UK version of the store?

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    It was the EU who used to get screwed over when PS+ first started.
    So what? Does that make it ok or invalidate my point somehow? What does that even have to do with NA getting screwed now? That comes across like we suffered now its your turn. Pretty childish.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-08-2013 at 06:22.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I'm a big gamer I get that that's cool, your words are vindictive all I'm saying is that eventually you're going to reach a point where you're going to have past supporting PlayStation Plus, then making a 1 time purchase to own it. And then the daily you do stop paying for PlayStation Plus you no longer have access to those games. Even if you passed that limit on spending more with PlayStation Plus then you would have buying it

I hope that makes sense..
    Its the regulations that bother me not the service or features.

Couldn't disagree more. PS+ is getting games that are 6months old on both PS3 and Vita. I pretty much won't have to buy games for Vita with PS+, it has already given me Gravity Rush, MK, and Wipeout...Soon I'll be getting the MGS Collection too. €50 a year for access to 45 games just can't be beat at all. I can play Sleeping Dogs now, and will get it when its €15 on amazon for my collection. Also, if you buy shit from PSN and make use of the + deals, the sub pays for itself in no time, making the games just added profit.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

I'm a hater, a traito.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakihara_Anjo View Post
    I use these guys often...

http://cardscodes.com/UK-k49-0-3-default.html

I assume you know, but you'll need to make a UK account on your PS.

27. Likes Merchant wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Member
    Items User name style
    I use these guys often...

http://cardscodes.com/UK-k49-0-3-default.html

I assume you know, but you'll need to make a UK account on your PS.
    That is awesome. Thanks a lot! +rep

Thread Information