Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation

Where and when would you like a new GTA game to be set?

I know we haven't even got GTA 5 out of the way yet, but after this news -- http://www.psu.com/a018129/Rockstar-...me-is-tempting - I wondered where would be a great location for future GTA games.

Personally I'd love them to do a really good job at recreating London during the Kray era in the 60s. They could even have the Krays as characters.
    DUST 514 name: swillw /Corporation PSU Ghost Syndicate

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Definitely the come back of the one and only, Vice City.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    To strike a balance and keep it with in a timeline... Between GTA 3 EAR and GTA IV ERA

i say in a city not yet explored but mentioned a lot in all the games, a true scale of CARCER CITY
    Last edited by claud3; 01-29-2013 at 20:41.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    Carcer City would be nice. The developers first mentioned it in GTA III, explored it in Manhunt, then referenced it in GTA IV's police files, in-game internet and various NPCs. It's supposed to be nearby Liberty City so I was thinking we could finally see a winter setting in a GTA game.

Either a modern or near-future setting would be fine by me. You get less powerful weapons at your disposal if you go too far into the past.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 01-29-2013 at 20:51.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    CARCER CITY is mentioned in all GTA games from i have heard.... Maybe on the radio or during bumping into NPC's and on the net

It would help explore what Catalina and Claude got up to and help us meet new people... The Known what Catalina and Claude got up to

Could come from online police files and hearing during cut-scenes and from NPC's too... And a winter style GTA would be a welcomed edition
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    I'm only interested in what a new rendition would look like.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I dont think that Rockstar should add any new cities but instead use the already existing ones:
    Liberty City
    San andreas
    Vice City

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I'm only interested in what a new rendition would look like.
    I agree, they should have a new city aka CARCER CITY would be excellent... But a wee history on who past through and did what while there would be great too

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    I dont think that Rockstar should add any new cities but instead use the already existing ones:
    Liberty City
    San andreas
    Vice City
    They've been doing that since the original GTA, not counting the London mission packs. I understand you want to see another rendition of Vice City but people will eventually get tired of the same three locations.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Final Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    I definitely would love to see them do a different time period. Vice City was so well done and believable as an 80s setting. As for where, I don't really mind. Pick the same city, make a new one, doesn't matter as long as it's fun.

11. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    'If not CACER CITY, then i say another U.S city and it being set in 1970's, we have done the 60's once, 80's twice. 90' twice and the 00"s five times already and that includes GTA V

1970's is the next step, it falls with in PHILL CASSIDY or SALVATOR etc... etc.... So many Characters from each 3D GTA games falls with in this time period as EARLY OR LATE 20'S

That we could follow their raise in the criminal world

Elite Member
    Vice City will prob be next no doubt!! i dont think london would like the idea, can you imagine the MP's trying to ban the game!! this is the whole reason behind GTA London not happning, if you would think it would of been out by now or released way back on PS2! but with the Laws an $#@! around here in the UK, GTA London will never happen.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I know as a citizen of Northern Ireland I am bias, but a game based in Ireland and Northern Ireland during the 1970s during the height of the troubles would be unbelievably awesome to me. So much history there and considering it would probably be next gen they definitely could dabble into creating a scaled version of the majority of the country.

There is a lot of potential there, but it would never would be made..the only reason I bring it up is because Rockstar North are from Scotland and we are close neighbors.

Regardless, America has been overdone and another country should be given a chance.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I know as a citizen of Northern Ireland I am bias, but a game based in Ireland and Northern Ireland during the 1970s during the height of the troubles would be unbelievably awesome to me. So much history there and considering it would probably be next gen they definitely could dabble into creating a scaled version of the majority of the country.

There is a lot of potential there, but it would never would be made..the only reason I bring it up is because Rockstar North are from Scotland and we are close neighbors.

Regardless, America has been overdone and another country should be given a chance.
    A GTA: BELFAST was a wee mod for GTA IV, the armoured vehicles

Here have a look

Me i would love a 1970's GTA game somewhere within the GTA universe

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I would actually like to see a Texas GTA game. Do it up like San Andreas where different cities are features alongside a countryside. Dallas/Ft. Worth, Austin, Houston and El Paso. Maybe a San Antonio as well. R* has done horses in the past, they could add them into the game for the more country areas, we could have a wider variety of trucks, the geography varies vastly (it could also be five different states) as does the culture. Of course, I doubt anyone other than Texans would want to buy a game featuring Texas.

I would also like a game set outside the US, somewhere like London. I was disappointed Getaway was cancelled (maybe it will be a surprise launch title for PS4?).

However, what I see is likely is a return to Vice City. I would welcome it if it was also a return to that time period. Honestly, I would just like a game to be set before the year 2000.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    eww vice city.

I hope they take it to colorado, too many pre 2000 games and just not really feeling, would much prefer a future set than going back into the past. Allow more creativity.

I would love a custom map, taking the best of many countries/cities, the desert/city/snowy area/woodlands/deep dense forests etc environment all in one. Kinda like just cause 2 but with Rockstar quality.

While i would like to see an England style one, i got a feeling it would suck, cause England kinda sucks.

Would MUCH prefer getaway to do london/England than GTA.

Master Guru
    I want Grand Theft Auto: Boston in the modern era.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    I want Grand Theft Auto: Boston in the modern era.
    Lol I wanna see that happen too! Be nice to see one set near home

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I would really like to see something in the 70's. Mostly because that era to my knowledge really hasn't been explored by GTA. As far as city ideas go I would like to see something in Europe. Maybe Paris, London, or possibly Berlin. Ireland isn't a bad idea but I don't think it would ever cross devs minds to use that location. I think the most intriguing cities in the US have honestly been used. Except for New Orleans. I really think New Orleans would be a good location mostly because the heritage and culture is so much more different than other cities. It would be a fresh setting instead of the usual major metropolitan areas already used.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Sydney, Australia should be the location in GtA. Instead of cars they can use Kangaroos and Cassowary as transports. You can go surfing and possibly get attacked by one of Australia's animals. The bad guy of the game can be a "Drop bear" that you have to fight in a forest setting and you have to kill him before he gets above your head so he won't fall upon you.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Tokyo, Japan..and before you mention Yakuza, just think about a GTA game that takes place in Tokyo, Japan. Sooo many more options and a lot more open world and less limited.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    With all the cities we all mentioned, have been mentioned with in the GTA games in some way. Then they should look unpon them as a possible setting for the next GTA GAME
    Last edited by claud3; 01-30-2013 at 17:42.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Oh please no asian cities anymore, I had enough of those in other games...

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    then what do you recommend then mate. We see Asian cities as a possibility

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Oh please no asian cities anymore, I had enough of those in other games...
    I kinda agree, while i enjoyed HK from Sleeping dogs the city got boring quickly ( ok, Rockstar will probably make a much better city but still)

Honestly, i dont care where the city is ( even Vice city again) AS LONG as its large, diverse in environment and has detail/feels alive.

I mean forests, beaches, deserts, snowy mountains, large cities, many smaller towns/ smaller cities ( really important as it makes exploring fun) etc... ( not all in one, bust most of them)

One thing i dislike the most of IV was how stale the map felt as it was 99% city/urban. Thankfully the PC community have created some incredible maps.

Thread Information