Latest PSU headlines:

Hybrid View

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

PSU Ghosts, our first battle for PSU Glory (fansite DUST 514 coverage battle)

CCP is proud to announce the first fansite competition for DUST 514!

We are looking for a showcase of your fansite talents tutorials, sets of helpful tips and wiki articles on your fansite regarding DUST 514s Open Beta phase that will help new players to learn, adapt and enjoy the game together with all of us. Feel free to use all materials that you can find, including our Press Kit from the official website to make your fansite and its content look top-notch.

Starting on February 7th through February 28th the DUST 514 Community Team will be following all the DUST 514 fansite submissions and judging overall fansite coverage, design and quality of all entries in that period.

Judging & rules:

• In order to enter, email us over at fansite@dust514.com with the name and link to your fansite, with subject: [FANSITE SKIRMISH] before February 7th
    • Fansite coverage must consist of the content created in the period of February 7th 28th by the fansite itself
    • Judging will be done by CCP Community Team
    • Fansite coverage needs to be in English
    • Coverage must not include offensive language or content
    • Winners announcement will go live a week after the official coverage ends on March 7th

Rewards:

• Top 3 fansites with best: overall fansite design, coverage quality and creativity will receive custom-made website badge that they can attach to their website and be recognized as one of the best DUST 514 fansites
    • First place winner: Trip to Fanfest 2013 (plane ticket + event ticket)NOTICE: First place winner must be 18+ and able to make the flight via Icelandair from his/her country or be able to get to the country where Icelandair operates.

Let the Skirmish begin!
    I want that badge! I'm not sure if PSU counts as a "fansite" but I'm going to ask. The Iceland trip would be nice too!

I have stuff in the works, a skill guide, an overview of the beta, a look into EVE...it will be getting featured predominantly on the front page flash scroller.

After seeing this, I will do a 2nd part to the skill guide earlier than planned! What I'd REALLY like is tip and tricks from our community for new players as one of our articles. Post any tips/tricks/advice you have for new players in here and I'll include a selection in my article, like a top 10 or something.

Any other ideas for content are welcome!
    Last edited by Ghost; 01-31-2013 at 13:14.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Tip:

-Your overall dropsuit quantity is only as high as the item with the lowest quantity in that dropsuit. So make sure all of the items are at the same quantity before simply restocking the entire dropsuit.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Tip #1

Simply, watch your angles. always move in a way that allows you to take stock of whats ahead and around you. this aids in planning your battlefield movements

eg, if there is a solid wall to your left flank, no one is going to come from that direction. therefore you are free to cover your right flank more.

Tip #2

Crouch at distance, crouching is more beneficial than dancing around like a fool at distance.

Tip #3

seemly neglected in Dust; Headshots do more damage. Aim for the head!

Tip #4

Don't use your "Best" fitting unless you can afford to cover it. moreso, without having the necessary skills to truly make use of it (passive shields, armor etc)

Tip #5

create multiple fittings to suit the battle situation. DO NOT put all your best stuff on one merc. this saves you money, CPU, and any other ailment brought on by unnecessary modules.

eg, if defending a null cannon. it is better to be alive with a high defense merc than dead with a high offence one.
    MAKE USE OF THE SUPPLY DEPOT TO ACHIEVE THIS

Tip #6

Snipers:
    DO NOT CAMP!!!
    this isn't some annoyed rant, if you keep your location for too long a time someone who is just as good as you will find you in no time and kill you quick!

Tip #7

Avoid head on conflicts, where possible, FLANK!

Tip #8

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Tip - When you see a faint orange enemy icon on your screen, its probably behind lots of cover and far away (hence the fading). Immediately bring you crosshairs on the name to highlight it once again. Doing so will make the icon appear on all your team mate's screens aswell (not 100% sure though but I think that is how spotting works)

Tip #1: With an assault weapon, at medium to far range, burst your fire for more accuracy. This range changes depends on how much you have invested on your assault weapon skill

Tip#2: during close range combat, if your enemy is dancing around, burst, wait till the other guy run out of ammo and go for the kill.

Tip#3: Don't forget to use your side arm, it's 2X more powerful than the standard assault rifle.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Thanks for the tips guys! But I want YOU to tell our readers about your tip! The idea is that we show the expertise of our members through their wise tips . If each of you could come up with a paragraph, it'd be awesome! I'll then post your merc name above yourtip/s

THE GREY CARDINAL says:
    WHen you're on the battlefield, wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wigglewiggle wigglewiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wigglewiggle wiggle wiggle wigglewiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wigglewiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wigglewiggle wigglewiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wigglewiggle wiggle wiggle wigglewiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wigglewiggle wiggle.

bill the noon says:
    Don't forget to jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jigglejiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle and also when you are going around corners jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle.

Then at the end I'll point out that we have a thread for members where this kind of discussion goes on and offer them the chance to sign up.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Thanks for the tips guys! But I want YOU to tell our readers about your tip! The idea is that we show the expertise of our members through their wise tips . If each of you could come up with a paragraph, it'd be awesome! I'll then post your merc name above yourtip/s THE GREY CARDINAL says: WHen you're on the battlefield, wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wigglewiggle wigglewiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wigglewiggle wiggle wiggle wigglewiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wigglewiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wigglewiggle wigglewiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wigglewiggle wiggle wiggle wigglewiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wigglewiggle wiggle. bill the noon says: Don't forget to jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jigglejiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle and also when you are going around corners jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle jiggle. Then at the end I'll point out that we have a thread for members where this kind of discussion goes on and offer them the chance to sign up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBlY53fgN-k

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I just had to demo the quantity, not the content haha. Though guys...I kinda need something at least a bit more substantial than what I wrote.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i better boot up word for all those auto corrections im not going to bother looking for

but what is more definitive a tip then Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start? beauty and elegance wrapped up in massive bundle of cheat

so, i'll edit my above post when im done with this essay, prepare to be dazzled
    not really, prepare to witness lax use of the english language
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Haha I look forward to your work! Depending on who else chooses to contribute, it may just be our tips...but all are urged to at least have a go. I look forward to your elaboration of the konami code in DUST...im fascinated!

Thread Information