Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Does it matter when the game plays like $#@!?
    Both betas play fine for me. Havent heard anyone complain about how it plays either.

Superior Member

how do i get through for the beta on ps3

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Both betas play fine for me. Havent heard anyone complain about how it plays either.
    Well, I'm complaining about it lol. The visor is impractical...blurry, hard to see, pointless things on it. Gun mecahnics: feels cheap, is not par with BF3 and BO2.

I just can't get over the blurry graphics overall, they look low quality, low res, ugly colors...BF3 beta looked far better and the actual game got even better.

I still can't understand how they were claiming this to be the best-looking game ever...are they looking at the PC version and comparing it to consoles? The beta should at least look better than BF3's beta...as that game had more things going on and much much larger maps and it ran at 720p!

Edit: I would've personally overlooked everything if they had made a true tactical shooter as Hunter Mode would make more sense that way. It's similar to Metal Gear Online's Snake mode where Snake was invisible.

I think this move would carve them a niche...as of right now, it's trying to compete with BF and COD and it fails in comparison in every way.

Though to expect a tactical shooter from Crytek is unrealistic as they aren't true game devleopers in my mind, they are engine creators.
    Last edited by Omar; 02-02-2013 at 17:52.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Well, I'm complaining about it lol. The visor is impractical...blurry, hard to see, pointless things on it. Gun mecahnics: feels cheap, is not par with BF3 and BO2.

I just can't get over the blurry graphics overall, they look low quality, low res, ugly colors...BF3 beta looked far better and the actual game got even better.

I still can't understand how they were claiming this to be the best-looking game ever...are they looking at the PC version and comparing it to consoles? The beta should at least look better than BF3's beta...as that game had more things going on and much much larger maps and it ran at 720p!

Edit: I would've personally overlooked everything if they had made a true tactical shooter as Hunter Mode would make more sense that way. It's similar to Metal Gear Online's Snake mode where Snake was invisible.

I think this move would carve them a niche...as of right now, it's trying to compete with BF and COD and it fails in comparison in every way.
    Thats ok,nothing wrong with airing your complaints. lol And you do bring up some valid points.

Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I've actually played both betas and theyre pretty identical. Anybody trying to claim one looking better than the other either hasnt played both or is a fanboy. Crytek has achieved console parity with this one. And those screenshots are so poor quality I dont know how anybody can tell anything by them.
    Agreed...

But I must say that after switching back and forth between my HDMI settings having both versions run simultaneously I actually thought the ps3 version looked SLIGHTLY and I mean SLIGHTLY better.

Trust me trying to find differences here will only cause us to burn holes in our eyes. That's how similar the versions look. Hence why I agree with your parity comment because someone might do the same HDMI switching I did and conclude that the 360 version is slightly better.

Comparing the retail copies should be interesting.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by double cross View Post
    Agreed... But I must say that after switching back and forth between my HDMI settings having both versions run simultaneously I actually thought the ps3 version looked SLIGHTLY and I mean SLIGHTLY better. Trust me trying to find differences here will only cause us to burn holes in our eyes. That's how similar the versions look. Hence why I agree with your parity comment because someone might do the same HDMI switching I did and conclude that the 360 version is slightly better. Comparing the retail copies should be interesting.
    Yep I look forward to the DF comparison just to see what they say. For me it really comes down to controller preference. Although I'm thinking of getting one of those 360 style controllers for my PS3. I hate the DS3 for shooters. But yeah the two versions look the same to me so I would just say pick your poison.

Thread Information