Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 132333 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    I'm with you. Every time they upload, I listen to them. My favorite podcasts.
    Is Colin Moriarty the really argumentative hipster-I-take-the-contrary-not-popular-side (i.e. vehemently defending the Bioware guys whilst ignoring the other side of the coin re: ME3) one?

if so pass.

Greg Miller is cool though.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Is Colin Moriarty the really argumentative hipster-I-take-the-contrary-not-popular-side (i.e. vehemently defending the Bioware guys whilst ignoring the other side of the coin re: ME3) one?

if so pass.

Kinda sounds like him. He doesn't always go with the flow. Also, I like Greg the best.

@Rekmon I know. I just want a confirmed answer.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post

if so pass.

Colin is one of the smartest people IGN has...but at the same time, never really disagree with him though I can understand if people do.

4. Likes Dave-The-Rave likes this post
    Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Colin is one of the smartest people IGN has...but at the same time, never really disagree with him though I can understand if people do.
    ^ This^ Explained It better than I. He's awesome. I don't disagree with him too much but some people I know do.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Don't get me wrong - I'm not questioning his intelligence - and I do find myself agreeing with him at times. But to me, there is the air of a contrarian about him (if we are indeed talking about the correct person that is!)
    Last edited by Admartian; 02-14-2013 at 01:38.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Super Elite

Motorstorm to be announced next week at the press conference.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Spoiler tags bro!

derp

Selected Members Council
    Is Greg Miller the guy that screams 'Beyond!' because that crap is annoying?
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

10. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Is Greg Miller the guy that screams 'Beyond!' because that crap is annoying?
    Yeah, he's the chunky one

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    Thrilled about this.

Selected Members Council
    Or it could be an entirely new racer. We just had the tweet from the game director a couple days ago.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-14-2013 at 03:38.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    http://www.psu.com/a018286/Fumito-Ue...l-announcement

OMG!!!! Makes sense and yes I am crossing my fingers for something to be said soon if not next week. (Sam with an other title that an other certain company announced too soon)

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    DynamicSun
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    http://www.psu.com/a018286/Fumito-Ue...l-announcement

OMG!!!! Makes sense and yes I am crossing my fingers for something to be said soon if not next week. (Sam with an other title that an other certain company announced too soon)
    That's some good news!

Veteran
    So, the place Sony has booked has room for 2800. Can't deny it is something big or they are overdoing it if it doesn't turn out to be that big of a deal. It seems it would be a first for a new stationary console announcement, although that could amount to just a teaser reveal after a long meeting of sales numbers.
    Last edited by Bligmerk; 02-14-2013 at 03:43.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    So, the place Sony has booked has room for 2800. Can't deny it is something big or they are overdoing it if it doesn't turn out to be that big of a deal. It seems it would a first for a new console announcement, although that could amount to just a teaser reveal after a long meeting of sales statistics.
    There have only been 2 playstation 'meetings' in history and both revealed new hardware (2005 and 2010 I believe)

Apprentice

Seriously? Where'd you hear that?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by PSTrey View Post
    Both evolution and media molecule are teasing new announcements

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    I read that too (skimming though the gaf sauce). Would mind at all!

Master Guru
    http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/02/11...sing-new-games

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    NetherRealm Studio is working on Injustice at the moment. You guys think that Mortal Kombat X will be next gen?

Apprentice

Both evolution and media molecule are teasing new announcements
    Ah, ok. Yeah, I've seen those. I took his comment as someone has come out and actually said they're announcing next week. Just teasers though . I hope we hear something about Uncharted 4.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    NetherRealm Studio is working on Injustice at the moment. You guys think that Mortal Kombat X will be next gen?
    I hope so. The Mortal Kombat this gen was like the best.

Veteran
    There have only been 2 playstation 'meetings' in history and both revealed new hardware (2005 and 2010 I believe)
    There was no new hardware revealed at Playstation 2005. In fact, the whole meeting was reviewing the PS2 and what was coming for it.
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/playsta...-stats-6129647
    PlayStation Meeting 2005: New games, latest stats
    July 22, 2005 4:18PM PDT
    By Hirohiko Niizumi

More than 91 million consoles and 863 million games have been sold worldwide, with more exciting games on the way.

TOKYO--This week at the PlayStation Meeting 2005, Sony Computer Entertainment updated visitors with the latest PlayStation 2 sales statistics and presented trailers for upcoming games for the console.

Sony revealed that it has shipped 91.62 million PS2 units worldwide as of July 20. Of those, 37 million were in North America, 21.41 were in Japan and Asia, and 33.21 were in Europe. PS2 software has shipped a cumulative 863 million during the same period: 395 million in America, 176 million in Japan, including Asia, and 292 million in Europe.

When including original PlayStation game sales, the software figure jumps to 1.822 billion units: 767 million in America, 461 million in Japan and Asia, and 594 million in Europe and PAL regions. Overall, the PlayStation and PS2 are currently available in 120 countries with a library of more than 13,000 games: more than 7,700 for the PlayStation and 5,200 for the PS2.

As for sales in Japan, Sony disclosed that there have been some demographic changes following the launch of the new, slimline PS2 console last November. While most owners of the old PS2 were aged 25-29, the majority of buyers of the slimline model are 40-44. Buyers aged 30-39 have increased, while consumers in the 20-29 age range have dramatically dropped, possibly because they already own a PS2. Sony also revealed that the number of female purchasers has been increasing, and sales of the PS2 rose from 12.9 percent to 17.8 percent with the appearance of the new model.

After briefing visitors with the latest statistics on the PS2's success, Sony showed off some short trailers of anticipated upcoming games, starting with Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII. Aside from the main character Vincent, other characters from the original series confirmed in the trailer include Cid, Barret, and Tifa. Other games shown at the meeting included: Bandai's Dragon Ball Z Sparking!, Naruto: Uzumaki Ninden, Kidou Senshi Gundam Seed Destiny: Generation of CE; Square Enix's Grandia and Code Age Commanders; Capcom's Shin Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams and Resident Evil 4; Namco's Tales of Legendia; Atlus' Devil Summoner: Kuzunoha Raidou; Sega's Pro Yakyuu Team o Tsukurou 3; Konami's Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence; and Sony Computer Entertainment's Ratchet & Clank 4th (which may be the Japanese title for Ratchet: Deadlocked) and Shadow of the Colossus.

At the end of its PS2 presentation, Sony introduced game studio Level 5 president Akihiro Hibino to the stage. The studio is best known as the developer of Square Enix's Dragon Quest VIII and the stillborn True Fantasy Live Online for the Xbox. Hibino announced that his studio is making a new role-playing game for the PlayStation 2 titled Rogue Galaxy, and he showed a two-minute trailer of the game.

According to Hibino, Rogue Galaxy has been in develpoment for the past two and a half years, and it overlapped the creation of Dragon Quest VIII. This will be the biggest project for Level 5 to date, in terms of both its development period and the volume of staff working on it. Rogue Galaxy will be published by Sony Computer Entertainment in December in Japan. No US release plans have been announced yet.

"As a creator, I always wanted to create a title that was as big as Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy. I believe Rogue Galaxy is on the same scale. This title will be our challenge to all the RPGs in the world," said Hibino.
    For the record, the PS3 was revealed at E3 2005. How anybody forgets that is beyond me. That was when the alpha dev kit was revealed, the PS3 reference unit and a Playstation meeting scheduled for 2006 ahead of the PS3 launch in Japan in the spring. The rest is history. The first PS3 mockups were shown first at CES2006, the launch had been delayed to the fall and everybody was saying the mockups shown, along with the boomerang controller, were fake or so crappy, they had to be fake. The first playable PS3's were at TGS2006 where they were roundly mocked for their overheating and lack of next generation graphics.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    I had the great fortune of meeting Colin at a press event in Los Angeles a couple weeks ago. Having followed him and his writing as a fan for some time, I can't deny being a bit starstruck. However, he shared some truly valuable journalism advice and was welcoming/supportive of me as "the young guy," to which I'm forever grateful.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleOnTheRun View Post
    I had the great fortune of meeting Colin at a press event in Los Angeles a couple weeks ago. Having followed him and his writing as a fan for some time, I can't deny being a bit starstruck. However, he shared some truly valuable journalism advice and was welcoming/supportive of me as "the young guy," to which I'm forever grateful.
    That's awesome that you got to meet him!

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Thread Information