Latest PSU headlines:

Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 162636 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    That will probably be part of Sony's presentation. lol
    Yeah, unfortunately this video of Kaz practicing got leaked early. Sony can never keep stuff under wraps.
    Though rumors suggest the stack of 360s will be twice as high at the event.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakihara_Anjo View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately this video of Kaz practicing got leaked early. Sony can never keep stuff under wraps.
    Though rumors suggest the stack of 360s will be twice as high at the event.
    He must have been training with Mr.Miyagi.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    When they announced this date I was a bit skeptical. Since they havent denied anything im now superpumped for the 20th.

They know what rumors are flying and would have denied one this big if it werent true

The PS4 is coming..

I know everyyone else knew this but I usually try and not drink the kool-aid.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    It's definitely the console announcement. They wouldn't have invited press and investors for a firmware update.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    did you guys see the new video that went up on the ps blog?
    Its basically 100% confirmed that its a console announcment.
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/?lead...-the-beginning

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Yep. I like the sound of recapping their past. I'm sure that will bring on some serious nostalgia.

Veteran
    So many rumors about now, please stop and let it be February 20th, 2013 already! lol

PSN ID
    Glaedr-Oromis
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Just out of curiously does anyone think they will make two more videos leading up to the PS4 release? One for PS2 and PS3 respectively.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Rathgor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeles View Post
    Just out of curiously does anyone think they will make two more videos leading up to the PS4 release? One for PS2 and PS3 respectively.
    Yes, they will. If you read the blog post carefully it mentions that they will post more videos each day leading up to the 20th of February 20th which is the PS4 Here is the quote from the blog "Be sure to visit our YouTube page in the coming days as we present the evolution of PlayStation and recap our greatest moments. Then, be the first to know on February 20th, 2013 at 6:00pm Eastern Time"

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    Keep it glued to the PSU homepage, everyone. We'll have very cool details to share in the days leading up to Wednesday, and we've been covering this stuff like mad

10. Likes TheBreezyBB , Jakeles, Two4DaMoney likes this post

PSN ID
    Glaedr-Oromis
    Awesome.

Master Guru
    People still get excited the most for new Playstation announcements, consoles

Supreme Veteran

PS4 Will Not Be The Biggest Announcement At Playstation Meeting.

PS4 Will Not Be The Biggest Announcement At Playstation Meeting.

Posted February 16, 2013 by Paul Kent in Editorials

We are all ready. Our cores ache for the inevitable announcement of the PS4 on the 20th of February. We have a good idea of what to expect. Leaks have been frequent and in most cases similar, which suggests a certain degree of accuracy. Sony have been reticent on the matter, with not a single response to the rumours. This also

augers well for the coming event. Leaked images of the prototype controller have hit the net to resounding positivity and the hype can get no louder. Although there are still many questions to be answered — and I doubt all of them will be answered this coming Wednesday — one thing is for certain: Sony are about to do something BIG.I’m a playstation fan; always have been and always will be. Many would view that

as naive but there’s a reason I can say that with certainty. Since Sony’s first foray into the console business they have always delivered in one way or another, whether it’s games, peripherals or services. Sony planted something deep inside the gamer in me and I can pin it to three distinct moments: The chimed boot up of the PS1, the sore thumbs posters and the menu music of Tomb Raider. Like everyone else, I’m eager to see what their next console brings to the table. We can expect better graphics,

smoother frame rates, better AI and bigger, bolder gameplay. One only has to look at up coming games on the PS3 like The Last Of Us, Beyond: Two Souls and God Of War Ascension to inspire wild speculation.But as strong as the gamer in me is, there is also a corporate me. That may not be of interest to a lot of gamers because most gamers are simply consumers. They anticipate the releases, buy the releases, play

the releases and wait keenly for the next. I believe a gamer should take a moment to consider the fact that Sony are a company, a company that needs to make money in order to continue creating unique franchises and taking risks, because without that sound financial footing, we the gamer would suffer in the long run. It has been well documented that Sony are in financial difficulty, but we the gamer can take solace

from the fact that Sony’s gaming division is one of their most successful divisions, and so it follows that their focus is going to be exactly where we would hope for the foreseeable future.But what of the headline? Sony acquired ‘Gaikai’ [Definition: A large open space] on the 2nd of July 2012 for $380 million but since then little has been said about its implementation. Occasional articles popped up suggesting that this was Sony’s answer to full backward compatibility on the PS4, or even the PS3. I have no

reason to doubt that this is the case — in fact I would be shocked if it wasn’t utilized in this way. But I believe that this is just the proverbial ‘tip of the iceberg’ and Gaikai is going to be bigger than any single console. Absorb that for a moment, put the PS4 announcement to one side, and consider the possibilities.Some of you may already be ahead of me, some of you may be as excited at the prospect as I am, but many of you may not have fully embraced the potential because you relate to a sleek, black box that sits just below your HDTV. Data is not reliant upon hardware when it is piped

directly into your homes. It is not restricted by a product, regardless of which product that may be. As I have already pointed out, most people are consumers and they will consume anything that is easily available, particularly if it entertains and is reasonably priced. New TV channels arrive on a regular basis and many people wait eagerly to

see what fresh content they may bring. All it takes is a remote and the will to seek it out. From consoles to laptops, from phones to tablets, TV channels have spread digitally beyond the confines of traditional delivery points.

And so it will be with games. Gaikai or perhaps PSTV, will offer Sony a much broader alternative to the single console solution and more scope for building revenue. Just as TV channels have migrated, so will PS branded games. PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP games will be available through this channel and will require but two acquisition:

A subscription fee and a controller. This channel will eventually be incorporated into all Bravia TVs and through licensing deals, to other TV manufacturers. The same applies to all internet connected devices that are not Sony branded. PS4 will be a great console with great content, but the the message ‘The future of Playstation’ is bigger than anyone can possibly imagine.
    http://sony-gamer.com/?p=1539

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    The biggest announcement will be the experience as a whole I think. There is the PS4, Gaikai, SEN (Sony games, movies & music in one service) and Vita as well as Sony usual onslaught of exclusives...I hope all of these are talked about...
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Another article which has plenty to say, but nothing of substance, or infact anything new.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Dedicated Member

I suspect you are correct! There will probably various perks to have the actual console in your living room, but a basic subscription would most likely involve your internet connection and a controller. Interesting for sure, we shall see soon enough!!

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    It's happening...It's finally happening..

PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post

That would be hilarious if it was true.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog

You just gave silver a wet dream!

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Super Elite

The current generation has gone on so long that someone who was 7 in 2005 is now 15 and probably doesn't know anything else. Younger people probably believe this long generation is the norm while that's not at all the case. I'm ready to start seeing graphics that PC's can't get for a couple of years.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleOnTheRun View Post
    Keep it glued to the PSU homepage, everyone. We'll have very cool details to share in the days leading up to Wednesday, and we've been covering this stuff like mad
    Awesome. Glad to hear you guys are on this.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy

That's what I was thinking but meh it's still not gonna happen. At least with PS4 they can have it look as good as the Crisis Core version of the tech demo in native 1080p though, but they'll still make up BS excuses so they don't have to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleOnTheRun View Post
    Cool! Keep that hype train rolling. Looking forward to all the coverage.

Veteran
    There's already a thread about Gaikai PS3 game stream service for PS4 over at the PS4 Discussion forum.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    I'm sure Silver would have a heart attack and a ***** all at the same time if they announce FFVII Remake for PS4.

Ultimate Veteran
    i have no clue on what this is great find cant waite til the 20 th

Thread Information