Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 616 ... LastLast
    Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Prediction:

Android and iPhone interactivity apps. Facebook integration, possibly including voice and videochat. The capacity for many more friends to join a videochat room than before as well. Cross-game chat is also almost guaranteed.
    as I said on previous page since Sony has jumped well and truly into the Android pool head first and have actually produced recently within the last month 2 stunning new cell phones , there's no way they won't jump on the bandwagon and combat Microsofts windows phone compatability with the next x box

social integration is in my opinion and major factor of the next gen whether people like it or not
    P S N user name birdyboy . . . THE LAST OF US WOW! !!

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Edge is saying a 2013 release for US and Japan and early 2014 for Europe. So basically like Vita rolled out except that was Japan only in the fall that followed that the PS meeting. Edge are citing their sources say that it's due to the complexity of shipping to all the various EU terriotories $#@! .

I'm SO hyped now lol. And if it's true that that teaser includes the start up screen for PS4 then that's amazing, the teaser video is so well done

Edit: nvm there is a thread about the Edge post already

Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Edge is saying a 2013 release for US and Japan and early 2014 for Europe. So basically like Vita rolled out except that was Japan only in the fall that followed that the PS meeting. Edge are citing their sources say that it's due to the complexity of shipping to all the various EU terriotories $#@! .

I'm SO hyped now lol. And if it's true that that teaser includes the start up screen for PS4 then that's amazing, the teaser video is so well done

Edit: nvm there is a thread about the Edge post already
    So like PS3 then, PS3 released March 23 2007 in Europe instead of Nov 19 2006
    I'd actually be happy with that

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Elite Guru
    Yeah looks that way. It is frustrating for me and you, and everyone else in Europe. If Microsoft do a worldwide release I wonder how that'll effect things in Europe

PSU Editor, Writer, Idolmaster
    PSN ID
    LazerBlader

PlayStation Universe Editor & Writer
    411Mania.com Film Critic
    私は日本語が話せます。
    Follow me on Twitter @ErnstyLin

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

Coincidence?

Ancient
    Yeah looks that way. It is frustrating for me and you, and everyone else in Europe. If Microsoft do a worldwide release I wonder how that'll effect things in Europe
    So so, Europe will wait it out
    Less so for my UK folk, they'll probably jump on MS's console if its first to release and be ignorant but if Sony can shorten the wait it may not be a advantage especially now game stores are not as a major influence this time around( everyone knows how bad Game & Gamestation was infested by 360 fanboys, you couldn't even look at a PS3 without them jumping on ya to buy a 360, and the Xbox lounge in GS said it all)
    But word of mouth works, Sony needs the press on their side.

Sent via Codec

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    Just don't work yourselves up with a 2013 launch RUMOR, then start wailing "DELAYSTATION! DELAYSTATION" when it turns out to be a 2014 launch. There are many reasons why a 2013 launch doesn't make economic sense, when the only reason for a 2013 launch is emotion. Sony would have to be preparing for manufacturing this summer to have enough launch units for the end of the year and that is rushing it, with many potentials for production flub-ups. It would also mean they have gone far beyond alpha kits, past beta kits, and would actually have pre-production units in hand. This is very doubtful. Also, Sony has always used E3 for projected launch dates and there is nothing to indicate that won't be the case this time also. A reveal is big enough news as it is. Why pile a launch date on top of it?
    If they waited until 2014 that would give Microsoft a huge change to beat them to the punch and the hype following the PS4/Orbis will of fizzled quite a bit by then. Announcing and release this year is a great move, move fast and strike like a cobra!

Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post

Coincidence?
    Didn't think to put those two together! I bet it does end up with a design like that. I remember the reason Sony design the PS3 like they did was because they didn't want people stacking other electronics on top of it so they made the top curved, so I could definitely see this design (the blu-ray player) on the PS4/Orbis as well!
    Last edited by MonkeyClaw; 02-01-2013 at 17:28.

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Prediction:

Android and iPhone interactivity apps.
    You cant predict that I already did
    Facebook integration, possibly including voice and videochat. The capacity for many more friends to join a videochat room than before as well. Cross-game chat is also almost guaranteed.
    But yeah Was thinking the same thing.
    Last edited by mynd; 02-01-2013 at 18:08.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    So bets on release date?
    Still think we are still a full year away. Thinking maybe Late Feb or Early March of next year. Although wouldn't be shocked if they had it ready for the holiday season. They could really use a boost from the holiday buys. Just please don't completely run out for like 6 months. Just keep up with production so everyone can get their chance to get their hands on one. Unlike the PS2! Although a lot easier said than done.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 02-01-2013 at 19:29.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post

Coincidence?
    It's just the PlayStation button renders, generic triangle and lighting effects reflecting off one another. I really wouldn't waste my time looking for clues.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

13. Likes Dave-The-Rave likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    It's just the PlayStation button renders, generic triangle and lighting effects reflecting off one another. I really wouldn't waste my time looking for clues.
    I know, believe me I never do this stuff. This was posted on gaf, just thought I'd share

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    No it's the PS2-2. It went out of production because s new model is coming.
    PS 2.2 would be 2x2=4! Yay!
    PS 2-2 would be 2-2=0! Boo!
    Last edited by mynd; 02-01-2013 at 21:43.

Ancient

Look what I found lol
    Fake obviously
    Sent via Codec

17. Likes TheBreezyBB likes this post
    Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Fake it is but i would love the new DS to look a bit like that and maybe a bit wider for bigger hands.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post

Look what I found lol
    Fake obviously
    Sent via Codec
    I don't think the controller will end up with a OLED screen on it (but it would be cool if it did!), but as for the multitouch interface that is suppose to be on it I would imagine the design of the controller looking not far off! Heatshock, lol, nice name! From what I could tell from the descriptions of what is suppose to change on it, they are dropping the Start, Select and PS button and that area is suppose to be a touch sensitive area and it is suppose to have the addition of a share button somewhere?!

Elite Guru
    Yeah I hope there is no screen on the DS4. The touch pad rumour seems cool though. Would be nifty to flip through menus or pinch to zoom on the browser and stuff

If they can do it with the Vita hardware (direct wireless N connection?), they should try and try and make it a companion device to the PS4 like WiiU gamepad is, ie. no lag and super fast process. I dream of being able able to play PS4 games on my Vita. It'll make the Vita a more useful device to those that weren't interested in it.

Will probably have a negative effect on Vita software though D:

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim

Look what I found lol
    Fake obviously
    Sent via Codec
    I'd imagine it would have to be bigger for such to be useful. I think touch buttons.

Ooooo I'm just so giddy right now!

Sent from the Warlock

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    REALLY hope SONY does not add in stupid gimmicks that increase the price too much!

If something like that is added, it better be really useful :P

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Yeah I hope there is no screen on the DS4. The touch pad rumour seems cool though. Would be nifty to flip through menus or pinch to zoom on the browser and stuff

If they can do it with the Vita hardware (direct wireless N connection?), they should try and try and make it a companion device to the PS4 like WiiU gamepad is, ie. no lag and super fast process. I dream of being able able to play PS4 games on my Vita. It'll make the Vita a more useful device to those that weren't interested in it.

Will probably have a negative effect on Vita software though D:
    Yeah, if they integrated the Vita like that it might prompt me to actually purchase one! Part of me wants to get one, but I haven't seen enough killer apps/games to make me want to get it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    If they waited until 2014 that would give Microsoft a huge change to beat them to the punch and the hype following the PS4/Orbis will of fizzled quite a bit by then.
    No, because it would mean MS would have had to finalize hardware last year and in beginning chip production now, which it sounds like what is going on.

If you are going to believe all rumors, this is what the MS "insider" said today;

"The war won't be won by producing the most powerful system,"

In other words, he is saying they already know they don't have the most powerful system and that is why they will win. He would only say this if the 720 hardware configuration was cast in stone (that is the way consoles work, the baseline configuration is essentially cast in stone). If they finalized hardware last year, they are going to be horribly underpowered, if Sony is finalizing their configuration later this year.

Let's not forget the Wii-U in all this. It has a 3-core CPU clocked at 1.2GHz and there are multiple reports that the Wii-U is CPU-bound. If this Jaguar chip is what MS has chosen, which is the one that keeps floating around everywhere, it is clocked at 1.9GHz, fine for a mobile platform but not for a full-powered Station-ary system.
    Last edited by Bligmerk; 02-02-2013 at 01:35.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Super Elite

Look what I found lol
    Fake obviously
    Sent via Codec
    I would like to see a PS4 controller with an offset left stick like the 360 has. When my left thumb is at rest it moves right to that position.

Veteran
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    I would like to see a PS4 controller with an offset left stick like the 360 has. When my left thumb is at rest it moves right to that position.
    Yeah, you would think since most if not all the games use the analog controls that they would have moved the left control stick by now! I can understand back in the PS1 days when games mainly used the d-pad, but they really need to swap the d-pad and left analog control for the PS4/Orbis.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Thread Information