Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 717 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    No, because it would mean MS would have had to finalize hardware last year and in beginning chip production now, which it sounds like what is going on.

If you are going to believe all rumors, this is what the MS "insider" said today;

"The war won't be won by producing the most powerful system,"

In other words, he is saying they already know they don't have the most powerful system and that is why they will win. He would only say this if the 720 hardware configuration was cast in stone (that is the way consoles work, the baseline configuration is essentially cast in stone). If they finalized hardware last year, they are going to be horribly underpowered, if Sony is finalizing their configuration later this year.

Let's not forget the Wii-U in all this. It has a 3-core CPU clocked at 1.2GHz and there are multiple reports that the Wii-U is CPU-bound. If this Jaguar chip is what MS has chosen, which is the one that keeps floating around everywhere, it is clocked at 1.9GHz, fine for a mobile platform but not for a full-powered Station-ary system.
    Actually a sony insider said that.

In addition, a Sony insider told the site that the company is not focusing on outperforming the Xbox 720 in terms of raw power. Previous reports suggested the PS4 and Xbox 720 would be feature the same graphics card.
    "The war won't be won by producing the most powerful system," the person said.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/microso...report-6403273
    MS insider said this:

"Victory will go not to those who make the most noise, but those who make the most impact," this person said.

2. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    No, because it would mean MS would have had to finalize hardware last year and in beginning chip production now, which it sounds like what is going on.

If you are going to believe all rumors, this is what the MS "insider" said today;

In other words, he is saying they already know they don't have the most powerful system and that is why they will win. He would only say this if the 720 hardware configuration was cast in stone (that is the way consoles work, the baseline configuration is essentially cast in stone). If they finalized hardware last year, they are going to be horribly underpowered, if Sony is finalizing their configuration later this year.

Let's not forget the Wii-U in all this. It has a 3-core CPU clocked at 1.2GHz and there are multiple reports that the Wii-U is CPU-bound. If this Jaguar chip is what MS has chosen, which is the one that keeps floating around everywhere, it is clocked at 1.9GHz, fine for a mobile platform but not for a full-powered Station-ary system.
    So now that Substance proved that was actually said by a Sony insider we can assume by your logic that PS4 will be the weaker system. Or are you suddenly going to backpedal now? lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-02-2013 at 03:12.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style

Blig Ive been liking your posts lately, but you go this one slightly wrong.

You conclusion is probably correct, except at this point both systems are probably cast in stone.

It all depends on which rumor you want to believe.
    Last edited by mynd; 02-02-2013 at 03:18.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I hope the PS4 will be able to achieve these visuals....

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I hope the PS4 will be able to achieve these visuals....

I am going to go ahead and throw it out there that the PS4/Orbis will exceed those visuals! The PS3 version of Killzone 2 came very close to those graphics, so I will pretty much guarantee that the next system will blow those graphics out of the water!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

7. Likes Linconan, PS4freak likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I was never a fan of that old concept trailer, I actually thought it looked bad. I preferred the final look of Killzone 2 and 3.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

9. Likes Zswordsman, Two4DaMoney , Itachi likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    That 2005 KZ trailer looks ugly as hell. KZ2 and 3 looks much better imo
    High poly models and smoke particles alone don't make the game look good

11. Likes Zswordsman likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    So now that Substance proved that was actually said by a Sony insider we can assume by your logic that PS4 will be the weaker system. Or are you suddenly going to backpedal now? lol
    Nothing has been proven. All that is going on now is rumor validating rumor, totally circular non-proofs. As I stated, if you are going to believe in rumors. That CVG article had both statements attributed to "insiders". Remember the guy that exposed his hoax as an "insider"? Probably not, considering. CVG was one of the sites that lapped up his troll.

The simple fact is nothing is actually known at this point. Both those statements have more chance they are just trolls. What we know is Sony has made an announcement for something on Feb. 20. The rest, including all the hot air over the past six years amount to dissipated hot air now.

Video game console manufacturing does not occur by a wave of Harry Potter's wand. There is a fairly well established, specific timeline that console manufacturing takes. Anybody over twelve needs to only go back to 2005 to know chips have to tape out, be debugged, contracts made, production lines to be set up, with multiple delay possibilities that can and have occurred. This start timeline is people taking rumors of the 720 this year as pre-established fact, and now on the basis of an imaginary conclusion, are taking to warning Sony about not losing the starters signal. The whole topic is beyond silly now.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

13. Likes mynd , PS4freak , mistercrow likes this post
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I am going to go ahead and throw it out there that the PS4/Orbis will exceed those visuals!
    Let the overhyping and eventual disappointment begin. That, pre-rendered CGI, video has more poly's than PS3 could ever push out. Maybe PS4 can... maybe... Let's let the real-time gameplay (or even cutscenes) prove what the PS4 can do. Starting out anyway.

Speaking of which, have we started taking bets on whether we're going to get more CGI "real-time" promises in target videos?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Nothing has been proven. All that is going on now is rumor validating rumor, totally circular non-proofs. As I stated, if you are going to believe in rumors. That CVG article had both statements attributed to "insiders". Remember the guy that exposed his hoax as an "insider"? Probably not, considering. CVG was one of the sites that lapped up his troll.

The simple fact is nothing is actually known at this point. Both those statements have more chance they are just trolls. What we know is Sony has made an announcement for something on Feb. 20. The rest, including all the hot air over the past six years amount to dissipated hot air now.

Video game console manufacturing does not occur by a wave of Harry Potter's wand. There is a fairly well established, specific timeline that console manufacturing takes. Anybody over twelve needs to only go back to 2005 to know chips have to tape out, be debugged, contracts made, production lines to be set up, with multiple delay possibilities that can and have occurred. This start timeline is people taking rumors of the 720 this year as pre-established fact, and now on the basis of an imaginary conclusion, are taking to warning Sony about not losing the starters signal. The whole topic is beyond silly now.
    Good points and I do agree with you there.

PSN ID
    Glaedr-Oromis

You have good points. But really, that could be applied to the whole world. Everything is hypothetical whether about consoles, how much snow/rain you will get during a storm, presidential Elections etc. Nothing is certain. We will be guessing about something new involving the PS4 so, might as well enjoy and occupy ourselves to pass time. If we didn't what would be the point of being here? Yes, we know almost nothing right now but soon that will change. As more time passes we will know more and guess what is coming next. It's fun to wonder what Sony is up to. I don't see that as silly.......sorry for the sudden life lesson.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    All this hoopla aside i just hope we are going to see full specs and a projected release date February 20th. Then we can put all this rumor bs aside and start looking forward to launch.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Ultimate Veteran
    This was on the local news on the ticker it said sony to reveal next console February 20.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    All this hoopla aside i just hope we are going to see full specs and a projected release date February 20th. Then we can put all this rumor bs aside and start looking forward to launch.
    Iirc, they revealed the specs and price of the psvita at last years Playstation Meeting. They should play it smart and allow 3rd party to reveal their titles and once e3 rolls around, reveal the exclusives.

PSN ID
    Glaedr-Oromis
    I don't think we will see specs until E3, GDC or (extremely unlikely East). On the twentieth I think we will see a projected release date and the first reveal of what the Hardware looks like. Though whether it will be final or not we will have to wait to see. Something could be hated by the press/fans, like the "boomerang" when PS3 was first shown. Only time will tell. I can't wait much longer though.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I was never a fan of that old concept trailer, I actually thought it looked bad. I preferred the final look of Killzone 2 and 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    That 2005 KZ trailer looks ugly as hell. KZ2 and 3 looks much better imo
    High poly models and smoke particles alone don't make the game look good
    I agree that the overall look of Killzone 2 ended up better, but I'm mainly referring to the ridiculously high poly count and the buttery animations.

That trailer fascinated me when I first saw it. It was the reason I became so hyped for the PS3.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Can you guys imagine they actually announce FFvXIII for the ps4 and we'd have to wait another 6 years for more information? lol

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    Can you guys imagine they actually announce FFvXIII for the ps4 and we'd have to wait another 6 years for more information? lol

24. Likes Kauldron likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    I hope this event shows us some actual game play of some of the games . I dont want to see video of CGI trailers or in engine target renders. I hope they go in debt and talk more about the hardware.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Elite Member
    Am i the only 1 who doesnt care for 3D?

From the teaser i seen there was no red light! i think the O will now be yellow if you look closely the light colors hit there buttons an yellow is hitting the O not red!! so i think the new pad with have a yellow O button & not red.
    Last edited by nextgen3; 02-02-2013 at 17:17.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by lefein View Post
    lol!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    Let the overhyping and eventual disappointment begin. That, pre-rendered CGI, video has more poly's than PS3 could ever push out. Maybe PS4 can... maybe... Let's let the real-time gameplay (or even cutscenes) prove what the PS4 can do. Starting out anyway.

Speaking of which, have we started taking bets on whether we're going to get more CGI "real-time" promises in target videos?
    wait wut?
    When was CGI shown for next gen?
    All the promises shown are actually running REAL TIME on today's hardware (Watch Dogs, SW1313, Agni, Samaritan, UE4). As far as my opinion is concerned like I said earlier, we exceeded that CGI trailer already.

Forum Sage
    If this announcements ends up being the PS4, a lot of you are expecting Sony to reveal all their cards with this event. I don't think we're going to see everything you guys are expecting to see.

It could just center around the hardware + OS software. Don't set yourselves up for disappointment.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    If this announcements ends up being the PS4, a lot of you are expecting Sony to reveal all their cards with this event. I don't think we're going to see everything you guys are expecting to see.

It could just center around the hardware + OS software. Don't set yourselves up for disappointment.
    I know. But,but,but the hype train won't slow down for me to get off.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Ancient
    I expect bare basics, more info will trickle out as the months go until another event then we'll see a lot more but not all
    Even more info will trickle out until E3/TGS where we'll got most our answers

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Thread Information