Latest PSU headlines:

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style

Sony Pulse Elite gaming headset (set-up)

So, after a year of my Turtle Beach...dropped...snatched...wire tugged on repeatedly...it finally took it's toll on the headset..and also taught me a lesson -----> I needed wireless. Wires get in the way when gaming (especially with an INFANT daughter around...having to move quickly sometimes while playing)...and when I couldn't find the break in the TB headset...I trashed it.

so...off to Best Buy I went..in search of what I thought would be a sub-$100 purchase of a wireless headset for gaming.
    Boy was I in for a shock!!!
    I found the TB wireless. Not pleased with that price...I then found the "Sony" brand ....even a higher price...
    But, I was discouraged at the pricing...and told my wife "I'll just do without...I don't want to spend that kind of money on myself just for gaming.."
    She actually was the one who convinced me to go ahead and get this Sony Pulse Elite.
    so...I reluctantly bought this....

Now...I'm needing to see what the best settings are for this thing..
    So many buttons, sliders for changing volume of that vibrator...more game or more voice...more boom...VSS....Mode (which I normally select "Shooter")...
    Soooo....anyone want to chime in here and tell me the best settings for ...like BF3...with a good balance of voice, boom and game sounds? And which settings on the VSS and mode??

Thanks.

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Anyone got this headset???

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Nope, sorry.

However, I have heard the headset is fricking amazing. So once you've figured out the settings and all that stuff - enjoy =P

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I got one. The pulsing(vibration) is nice but it gets annoying after a while especially when it picks up voices over the mic and pulsates the bass. There's a setting to change that tho. I turn mine all the way down

When I play socom confrontation I turn it up because the foot steps pulsates louder the closer they get to you

Sent from my Note II
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 02-02-2013 at 21:28.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Loyal-to-LFC & DaveNI1979
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool
    On the us psn store theres an app that lets you test and set up the pulse.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    Kingpin326
    Items New User TitlePhotoShopModern Warfare 3Google ChromeUser name styleColeBattlefield 3Assassins Creed Ezio
    Setup the pulse using the app from PS store. I usually keep it between Shooter and Gaming. Also turn VSS ON.

Apprentice
    The Pulse Elite is seriously one of the best headsets I've ever owned. The sound is crisp and clear, the bass is excellent depending on your preference (via Bass Impact), and the build quality/comfortability is great. My friend had bought some noise-cancelling headphones (Audiotechnica ATH-ANC9) for $350 and while they do cancel out surrounding noises (with some kind of white noise-esque sound) they don't really do it for me. They do sound good, but I think the Pulse Elite being only $150 sounds just as good and the the mids to lows are far superior as they are almost non-existent on the ATH-ANC9s. So ultimately what I'm saying is that the price for performance is there. I think if you are in the market for a headset for anything, not just for gaming, that the Pulse Elite is a great choice.

I'm in the market for a pair of these but im wondering what the setup is for the ingame audio. I use a computer monitor while playing in my living room while my wife watches her shows using a tv and reciever and I need a headset that will play in game audio, not multiplayer chat, so I can play campaigns and hear thein game audio. other headsets ive tried require I plug something into the tv for the game audio but the monitor I use doesnt have one.

my question is if I simply hook up the usb output directly to the ps3 will I hear the in game audio, or with the Pulse elite am I required to also hook something up to a tv or reciever to hear the in game audio?

thank you for any assistance.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    There's nothing to connect to the TV with the Pulse Elite. It plugs into the PS3, and that's it.

Thread Information