Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    fanboys on gaf are saying it's too early to reveal the ps4 now that theres a rumor that the 720 will be revealed in march or april. They say that the hype of the ps4 will be dead lmao.

Power Member
    They're pushing for 8GB of GDDR5? Damn man. That's expensive.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Tall poppy syndrome lol.

Forum Elder
    the PS4 would be the obvious choice for my only Nextgen system (going off the rumours), but if the controller does not have proper triggers that devs are made to use over L1/R1. then i'll not be buying one at all.

Master Sage
    I bought some proper triggers for my ps3 controller. Just popped them on and everything was a go

6. Likes Leviticus likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    fanboys on gaf are saying it's too early to reveal the ps4 now that theres a rumor that the 720 will be revealed in march or april. They say that the hype of the ps4 will be dead lmao.
    Lol good stuff

I do worry about Europe though (I know, I've mentioned it across threads xD). But if the next Xbox launches fall '13 across Europe with a next gen CoD and Fifa, and there's no PS4s here - then Sony will be fighting a losing battle IMO until something like GT6 comes out

CoD and Fifa are that relevant across europe, especially the latter

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Lol good stuff

I do worry about Europe though (I know, I've mentioned it across threads xD). But if the next Xbox launches fall '13 across Europe with a next gen CoD and Fifa, and there's no PS4s here - then Sony will be fighting a losing battle IMO until something like GT6 comes out

CoD and Fifa are that relevant across europe, especially the latter
    I agree. I don't think things will start off slow at all at the start of next gen and for sony to miss out on that would be a huge mistake. I think jp should be the market to receive the console last. Their impact at launch will be the same regardless of when they release it there.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I agree. I don't think things will start off slow at all at the start of next gen and for sony to miss out on that would be a huge mistake. I think jp should be the market to receive the console last. Their impact at launch will be the same regardless of when they release it there.
    Definitely. With the momentum and hype this 20th February event has gathered in just a few days it shows a lot of people are hungry for a true next gen (sorry WiiU), and for a console launch it's these people on message boards or ign etc that are the initial target really - so this is good news. Wouldn't be great for the industry if next gen started slow

I wish Sony can somehow spring a surprise on us and launch worldwide like Xbox will. Nintendo do it too

It's not like last gen where the Xbox brand was still a bit of an unknown - it's now an extremely relevant brand and it would be foolish for Sony to let them have a headstart in this region. I agree about Japan but it just won't happen since it's home territory

Surprise us Sony!

Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    It will ,launcph in March 2014 in Europe. Just how powerful tje ps4 will be than the next xbox because of slightly better bandwidth? Remeber folks the ps3 had
    Better bandwidth and the games didnt look much better than the 369.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    FonFahbre
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Hopefully they can sort out Australia by the end of the year... I'll be so sad if I have to wait
    Would be great if they released it during the same time-frame as the rest of us. That is, if this report turns out to be true.

Elite Guru
    Did you all ever read the quote right. Sony never said they were pushing to add 8gb gddr5. What they said to developers was that they were sure that the 4gb gddr5 would be able to match up against MS 8GB ram. Read the statement again.
    Last edited by X2; 02-02-2013 at 17:46.
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Master Sage
    Sony has already earned an enormous amount of goodwill among studios working with PS4 development hardware. Privately, Sony representatives have conceded that the company made a mistake in creating such esoteric architecture for PS3, and its strategy for PS4 gives developers more opportunities this time around, notably because the hardware is much more PC-like in its makeup than PS3.
    Great to know that they are following the vita's ease of development footsteps. Hopefully this means no more bull$#@! 3rd party ports. I don't think tools will be a problem as it was with the ps3.

One source familiar with both platforms tells us that in real terms Sony’s console is “slightly more powerful” and “very simple to work with”.
    Even before this was stated, rumors suggested that the ps4 was a little stronger and had simple tech. I wonder what kind of engine they're working with? A current gen engine that scales up or a tailor made next gen engine that can't run games on current gen?

I can't wait to see what sony's first party does with a powerful easy tech.

Ultimate Veteran
    I can't wait to see what sony's first party does with a powerful easy tech.
    They are taking it back to the Playstation 1 days. It was simple to develop for and packed a punch for its day.

15. Likes skinny_jr likes this post

That just means games will look magnificent from day1 but the improvement over the years will be marginal compared to what we had with ps3.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    There will be plenty of hype for both consoles. But so far I'm still leaning heavily towards PS4 only. I prefer the 360 this gen but I think PS4 will really deliver next gen.

Forum Elder
    Lmao at all the arguing about to happen when the final specs are released for both.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Sony had a lot of input from American engineers so the ps4 wouldnt be difficult to grasp and will have better developement tools and OS.....its not too early to start getting people hyped for the Ps4. mS made there mistake last month for not talking the next xbox at ces 2013 .

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Sony had a lot of input from American engineers so the ps4 wouldnt be difficult to grasp and will have better developement tools and OS.....its not too early to start getting people hyped for the Ps4. mS made there mistake last month for not talking the next xbox at ces 2013 .
    I'm starting to wonder if 720 is going to be delayed.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if 720 is going to be delayed.
    It would be a huge mistake if MS delayed the next xbox because 360 sales are flat ehich will hurt there quarterly and yearly earnings.
    Siim only going to buy one console this time around so far im warming up to the Ps 4 still waiting to hear from MS.
    Last edited by The Sith; 02-02-2013 at 19:42.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    It would be a huge mistake if MS delayed the next xbox because 360 sales are flat ehich will hurt there quarterly and yearly earnings.
    It would be a mistake but I doubt that it will happen. They probably had a date set and are just sticking to it. Now if sony launches before they do is a different story.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    MS needs to do something in the next few months to get info out for 720 imo because the hype for PS4 has gotten very big. If they wait to long I think next gen could be a role reversal from the current gen.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    MS needs to do something in the next few months to get info out for 720 imo because the hype for PS4 has gotten very big. If they wait to long I think next gen could be a role reversal from the current gen.
    Yea, but just because one is revealed first doesn't mean they are further along in development.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Siim only going to buy one console this time around so far im warming up to the Ps 4 still waiting to hear from MS.
    Yeah I'm leaning towards PS4 only next gen.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Yea, but just because one is revealed first doesn't mean they are further along in development.
    Very true. I honestly think they are both at most 2-3 months apart in development. So I don't see there being a big difference in the time frame of both releases. So hype could be a huge factor. Just my thoughts.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Apparently the "match up" is when SONY went from 2 GB to 4 GB of ram, so its old news i guess.
    Can anyone confirm this?

Thread Information