Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
Results 51 to 75 of 75
  1. #51
    Dedicated Member
    Shingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Posts
    1,382
    Rep Power
    32
    Points
    15,618 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    This forum is really dangerous!!! All this talk really stimulating and... I guess I will buy this on day one Hope they doesn't leave EU to last.

    Check out that --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlaySta...ta_and_Pricing

    And Share my pain plz, I am from Turkey btw
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)



    MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

  2. Likes Lefein likes this post
  3. #52
    Dedicated Member
    kryton101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,333
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    2,116 (0 Banked)
    From both console specs its clear that both are adopting standard tech in an almost identical configuration with some variation in places. Given how different 360 and PS3 were and how similar most games were the only thing we can expect from the next gen is an even closer race. The challenge will not be in the multi plats as the similar tech has now made it so easy on both sides that the challenge to engage in first party titles will hopefully become much stronger and easier for everyone.

    Hype will possibly be the driving factor in giving one person an edge. I dont think any of the three will really suffer or gain significantly. The only factor that may alter this would be if one can get the 2013 xmas release, announced in summer.autumn of this year. A coup de tat!

  4. #53
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    115 (0 Banked)
    2014 EU?? Go hell.

  5. #54
    Veteran
    Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    11,593 (0 Banked)
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Surely Sony isn't going to do that to Europe again. For christ sake they've been in the console business for this long. MS can release worldwide, why can't they?


    Out of all the rumours one thing at least seems certain: the CPU's are gonna be kinda weak. And that's a big shame. I was hoping for a long time that this gen would be when consoles could finally run really CPU heavy PC games. MMO's, Day Z, massive RPG's, even flight sims.

    I can see the logic certainly in Sony concentrating more on the GPU side though.

  6. #55
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,553
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    121,697 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by elrohir View Post
    2014 EU?? Go hell.
    I'm cheering for hell too.

  7. Likes PS4freak , Ixion likes this post
  8. #56
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    793
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    5,855 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Surely Sony isn't going to do that to Europe again. For christ sake they've been in the console business for this long. MS can release worldwide, why can't they?


    Out of all the rumours one thing at least seems certain: the CPU's are gonna be kinda weak. And that's a big shame. I was hoping for a long time that this gen would be when consoles could finally run really CPU heavy PC games. MMO's, Day Z, massive RPG's, even flight sims.

    I can see the logic certainly in Sony concentrating more on the GPU side though.
    I don't know a whole lot about the chipsets but the games you are talking about aren't exactly those that are selling big on consoles. Lets be real. Open world adventures, sports games, shooters, and downloadable indie games is where the market is more headed. I would think Sony probably will leave the demand for those games largely on the pc. IMO

  9. #57
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,821
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    88,224 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I'm cheering for hell too.
    See grammatical errors can be fun.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  10. #58
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,553
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    121,697 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    XD

  11. #59
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    14
    Points
    997 (0 Banked)
    "Capturing video without any penalty?"

    sounds bs to me.. can anyone tech savy tell my this is plausible or not?

  12. #60
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,675
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    No penalty on game performance most likely. Of course it takes up some resources but if it's continuously capturing gameplay and then at any point lets you save the last 15 minutes I'm assuming it's all done efficiently enough

  13. #61
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,264
    Rep Power
    99
    Points
    27,960 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by kryton101 View Post
    From both console specs its clear that both are adopting standard tech in an almost identical configuration with some variation in places. Given how different 360 and PS3 were and how similar most games were the only thing we can expect from the next gen is an even closer race. The challenge will not be in the multi plats as the similar tech has now made it so easy on both sides that the challenge to engage in first party titles will hopefully become much stronger and easier for everyone.

    Hype will possibly be the driving factor in giving one person an edge. I dont think any of the three will really suffer or gain significantly. The only factor that may alter this would be if one can get the 2013 xmas release, announced in summer.autumn of this year. A coup de tat!
    If that ends up being the case, for most people, the decision will come down to --- do you want to play Uncharted or do you want to play Gears of War?

  14. #62
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    If that ends up being the case, for most people, the decision will come down to --- do you want to play Uncharted or do you want to play Gears of War?
    I'm kind of burnt out on Gears of War so it would be Uncharted for me. Plus free online.

  15. #63
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,953
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    108,860 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by FableMaster View Post
    "Capturing video without any penalty?"

    sounds bs to me.. can anyone tech savy tell my this is plausible or not?
    Sure. Providing you have the resources dedicated to the OS in the background for this kind of functionality.


  16. #64
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,821
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    88,224 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I'm kind of burnt out on Gears of War so it would be Uncharted for me. Plus free online.
    Hopefully we will see free online. I expect we will but don't put it past them to cash in on what MS has been for years. Although i think they would get too much backlash for the move.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  17. #65
    General Manager
    StevenW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Posts
    5,325
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    49,070 (0 Banked)
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation
    This is pretty much inline with what we've heard from some sources very close to Sony.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    DUST 514 name: swillw /Corporation PSU Ghost Syndicate

  18. #66
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,675
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    This is pretty much inline with what we've heard from some sources very close to Sony.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Well that's a shame. Was hoping for a global release.

    Still hoping to be surprised

  19. #67
    Veteran
    Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    11,593 (0 Banked)
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    The thing that confused me with that video capturing thing is the 15 minutes bit. I don't see how recording only the last 15 minutes of gameplay is really beneficial ? Maybe I read it wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    I don't know a whole lot about the chipsets but the games you are talking about aren't exactly those that are selling big on consoles. Lets be real. Open world adventures, sports games, shooters, and downloadable indie games is where the market is more headed. I would think Sony probably will leave the demand for those games largely on the pc. IMO
    Oh I know, just a little annoying that another console generation will come and go where scale isn't an important factor. I'm certain that Planetside 2 is in development for PS4 but that thing is a real CPU hog like any game that big so I'm wondering how it's gonna work. If indeed the CPU spec rumours are true.

  20. #68
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Hopefully we will see free online. I expect we will but don't put it past them to cash in on what MS has been for years. Although i think they would get too much backlash for the move.
    I dont think they will charge for online play now that its been confirmed by Sony that PS+ will be migrated to PS4.

  21. #69
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,821
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    88,224 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I dont think they will charge for online play now that its been confirmed by Sony that PS+ will be migrated to PS4.
    Yeah you have a point there. Didn't think about that.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  22. #70
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,553
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    121,697 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sony can never beat MS with the bells and whistles MS will always provide...so it's very likely that they won't charge for it. And if they didn't have PS+, and they had to charge for it, it would be fraction of the amount MS does.

    This is Sony's only defense against Live, it would be stupid if they lost that.

  23. #71
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    14
    Points
    997 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Sure. Providing you have the resources dedicated to the OS in the background for this kind of functionality.
    Wouldnt you need more resources dedicated to OS? so it would still be a penalty.. indirectly.

  24. #72
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,953
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    108,860 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by FableMaster View Post
    Wouldnt you need more resources dedicated to OS? so it would still be a penalty.. indirectly.
    Eh, if we're talking about the PS4 coming out of the box with the ability to record content and upload it (to like Youtube) then no it's not "an additional penalty"- the OS already came with the necessary resources reserved to this.

    This function is definitely not free, but it would be accounted for and not effect developers.

    As long as Sony keeps the OS relatively slim all is well.


  25. #73
    Elite Member
    D3seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Severn, Maryland
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Posts
    1,834
    Rep Power
    55
    Points
    1,964 (20,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim
    Vita leaks all over again?


  26. #74
    Forum Elder
    1solidsnake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    PSN ID
    solid1snake67
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,574
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    4,816 (0 Banked)
    im waiting for the 20th i need to stop looking at the ps4 forum. lol

  27. #75
    Forum Elder
    1solidsnake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    PSN ID
    solid1snake67
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,574
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    4,816 (0 Banked)
    i'll like being able to post 15 mins of gameplay on youtube im hoping GTAV will be on ps4 too

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.