Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Master Guru
    The Sith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    7,466
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    14,021 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

    /Microsoft has four unannounced IPs in the works

    http://gamingeverything.com/38981/mi...-in-the-works/
    Not sure if these will be hardcore titles or next gen Kinect w/AR Glasses. Im hopinh at leastmone of these would be an Epic Games IP.

    uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

  2. #2
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,475
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    267,673 (888 Banked)
    damnit i was hoping this was put in the "VS" section

    i was looking for an argument

    no doubt one of them is a hardcore first party, the other three are prolly casual.
    how many first party studio's does microsoft actually have?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  3. #3
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,781
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,546,357 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I hope so. From the looks of it, Sony is coming in strong this gen tech and service wise, content is a given. MS can't stick with the famous 4 next gen.

  4. #4
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,929
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    70,027 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    the famous 4
    Halo, Gears, Forza, and Fable?

  5. #5
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,908
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    60,478 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't think MS is too concerned. They probably will stick to their game plan regardless of the hype of theses console revealings bring. All this chest beating won't change anything.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 02-01-2013 at 22:26.

  6. #6
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,781
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,546,357 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Halo, Gears, Forza, and Fable?
    Yeah.

  7. #7
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,475
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    267,673 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Halo, Gears, Forza, and Fable?
    i reckon its about time Forza took on GT.

    and i mean actually take on, Forza has always had this arcade feel to it. need to buckle down and nail that simulation feel.
    there is another gears coming though (which im not too thrilled about)

    i hope we see three hardcore IP's from microsoft. im not too fond of the casual stuff on anything outside my ipod O_O
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  8. #8
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    i reckon its about time Forza took on GT. and i mean actually take on, Forza has always had this arcade feel to it. need to buckle down and nail that simulation feel. there is another gears coming though (which im not too thrilled about) i hope we see three hardcore IP's from microsoft. im not too fond of the casual stuff on anything outside my ipod O_O
    Meh. Personally I think Forza 4 is a better game than GT5. I still play GT5 but its a disappointing entry compared to the GT games before it. GT4 was by far the best in the series. If anything PD needs to really step it up for GT6. And please no more "standard" PS2 cars.

  9. #9
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,475
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    267,673 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Meh. Personally I think Forza 4 is a better game than GT5. I still play GT5 but its a disappointing entry compared to the GT games before it. GT4 was by far the best in the series. If anything PD needs to step it up for GT6.
    i actually liked the racing in GT5 better than Forza.
    it had this feel as you turned corners and pushed the car that i didn't get from forza.

    but undoubtedly, forza with the feel of a GT game would be my ultimate racer!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  10. #10
    Dedicated Member
    Shingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Posts
    1,334
    Rep Power
    32
    Points
    14,875 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I don't think MS is too concerned.
    Since they have amazing xbox 360 controller...What an important tech that is...

    New IP's are what I love most. If they are not FPS of course.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)



    MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

  11. #11
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    i actually liked the racing in GT5 better than Forza. it had this feel as you turned corners and pushed the car that i didn't get from forza. but undoubtedly, forza with the feel of a GT game would be my ultimate racer!
    Yeah that would be quite the racer.

  12. #12
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,908
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    60,478 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    Since they have amazing xbox 360 controller...What an important tech that is...

    New IP's are what I love most. If they are not FPS of course.
    I wouldn't call it amazing but it sure beats the ds3 where it counts IMO. I don't think MS is worried about sony revealing anything. It shows that they learned their lesson by letting xbox360 out the gate first but the damage has been done already. This next gen will be a more even fight because there is no technology advantage.

  13. #13
    Master Poster
    LfCpS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    10,788 (0 Banked)
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    When it came down to the racing, GT5 did feel better to me too, it just has this feeling Forza was missing. BUT as a game Forza was better, from customisation to the more balanced car lists etc...

    I do really hope one of these titles is Alan wake 2, that would be VERY enticing and could result in a day 1 purchase.

  14. #14
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,632
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    1,056 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yep HALO but not a direct sequel to HALO 4, but a different path to the story and this will launch the xbox720 online part

    Forza of course, this most likely be a game that will also help launch the online part of the xbox 720

    the last two games, will be both single and online games.... MS will focus on online this time around and kinect will be a vocal point to this big time

    So kinect 2.0, will be kinect online always and new features to help you online
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  15. #15
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,449
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    15,302 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Hopefully they are titles that MS keep in rotation instead of bullshitting and not releasing them later in the gen if they don't magically sell 5 million copies.

    Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

  16. #16
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,316
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    48,334 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Hopefully its 4 new, non-kinect franchises that will do wonders for the nextbox

  17. Likes MacP likes this post
  18. #17
    Dedicated Member
    Shingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Posts
    1,334
    Rep Power
    32
    Points
    14,875 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I wouldn't call it amazing but it sure beats the ds3 where it counts IMO. I don't think MS is worried about sony revealing anything. It shows that they learned their lesson by letting xbox360 out the gate first but the damage has been done already. This next gen will be a more even fight because there is no technology advantage.
    Well, saying they are not worried or concerned is just way to assertive. No one knows what may they planing, they are bringing up new consoles on this age of high-tech, it is so dumbish to think they only put best graphic card and processor in it. So They both are concerned about any tips, news and even rumours.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)



    MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

  19. #18
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,934
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    27,940 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    It shows that they learned their lesson by letting xbox360 out the gate first but the damage has been done already. This next gen will be a more even fight because there is no technology advantage.
    the PS4's technology advantage will be easier to make use of this time, unlike the PS3's. so i expect exclusives to stand out and multi-plats to be better from the get go.

  20. #19
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,908
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    60,478 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    the PS4's technology advantage will be easier to make use of this time, unlike the PS3's. so i expect exclusives to stand out and multi-plats to be better from the get go.
    That's if there is any advantage. I still think the two will be about even in that department.

  21. #20
    Master Poster
    LfCpS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    10,788 (0 Banked)
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    That's if there is any advantage. I still think the two will be about even in that department.
    Rumours are rumours BUT it has been mentioned many times that

    PS4 has a stronger GPU slightly, plus with some CU ( or something) will be used to help the CPU to get better physx, clothes, water simulation extra...

    That the xbox 720 CPU will be using some of its cores for the OS, meaning less for gaming compared to PS4.

    Again these are rumours, but its all we have to go on.

    But MS will still probably have better dev tools.

  22. #21
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,908
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    60,478 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Rumours are rumours BUT it has been mentioned many times that

    PS4 has a stronger GPU slightly, plus with some CU ( or something) will be used to help the CPU to get better physx, clothes, water simulation extra...

    That the xbox 720 CPU will be using some of its cores for the OS, meaning less for gaming compared to PS4.

    Again these are rumours, but its all we have to go on.

    But MS will still probably have better dev tools.
    yea, but we still don't know what's true and what isn't. I don't care whats inside. They could both have a mini Jesus inside providing the power for all I care. I care about the price and the games.

  23. #22
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Hopefully they are titles that MS keep in rotation instead of bullshitting and not releasing them later in the gen if they don't magically sell 5 million copies.
    Yep I do agree with you there.

  24. #23
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,934
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    27,940 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    That's if there is any advantage. I still think the two will be about even in that department.
    even would do me, but i'm beginning to think Nextbox won't even be close..

  25. #24
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,781
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,546,357 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    even would do me, but i'm beginning to think Nextbox won't even be close..
    I think this is BS. PS4 and 720 will be more or less comparable I think. I can't see MS taking this road.

  26. #25
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Shropshire
    Age
    24
    Posts
    853
    Rep Power
    43
    Points
    4,620 (0 Banked)
    Ill wait to see if I'm getting the new xbox, I've been pretty disappointed in the ms exclusives department with halo 4 being the only xbox game I've properly played and finished this year, they better wow me with their launch games.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.