Thread: Four Play

Veteran

Four Play

Leave it to the Brits to make the outlandish even more absurd. The Sun wrapped up all the rumors, topped them with garnish and spiced it up with a June launch. Never really understood British humor, seems mostly very quirky and nonsensical. Maybe that is what this is supposed to be. Have to admit, the title is very catchy, just like Page 3.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...er-of-PS3.html

Four play

PlayStation with 10x power of PS3 unveiled Feb 20

SONY is set to unveil its new PlayStation on February 20 — with film-quality graphics and ten times the processing power of the PS3.

Leaks suggest the console, tipped to be named either PlayStation 4 or Orbis and cost around £300, will feature EIGHT computer chips in its electronic “brain”.

That will make it more powerful than a top-end PC and dwarf the capacity of its 70 million-selling PlayStation 3 predecessor.
    Its ultra-HD quality graphics will be four times as detailed as the PS3’s standard HD. There will also be 3D capability — with further rumours suggesting a new controller, possibly with a built-in touchscreen display.

The console will include the option to play older games and PS3 controllers will still work. It will also have a next generation ultra-HD player — the successor to Blu-ray — and let families view catch-up TV such as iPlayer and access films and music.
    There is no official indication of what the new machine will look like and it is unlikely to hit stores until after summer.

It will then go head-to-head with a new Xbox console from Microsoft, which is likely to be launched in June.

Sony yesterday invited journalists to a New York meeting on February 20 where they said they will “talk about the future PlayStation business”.
    Bosses refused to confirm whether that meant a new console, but internet rumours suggested it did. Sony has previously used such meetings to show off prototypes or detail specifications.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Leaks suggest the console, tipped to be named either PlayStation 4 or Orbis and cost around £300, will feature EIGHT computer chips in its electronic “brain”.
    LOL!

Say it again in layman's terms please...

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Four Play, man i am in the wrong thread

Thought this was about actually Four Play

Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Veteran
    This news report is true because it verifies all previous rumours (proper Queen's English spelling).

Prediction: July 1, there will be a loud moaning, wailing and crying from the UK, "DELAYSTATION! DELAYSTATION!"
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Its almost as bad as that other report that said the 720 was more powerful by including ridiculous specs and information haha.

No way it will be this powerful AND £300.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Its almost as bad as that other report that said the 720 was more powerful by including ridiculous specs and information haha.

No way it will be this powerful AND £300.
    Americans are expecting a $400 price tag, it'll be £300 otherwise it be the price range as the PS3 and Sony cant do that, unless America gets it for £100 cheaper, cant see that happening

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Americans are expecting a $400 price tag, it'll be £300 otherwise it be the price range as the PS3 and Sony cant do that, unless America gets it for £100 cheaper, cant see that happening

Sent via Codec
    $400 would mean a day one purchase for me.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    $400 would mean a day one purchase for me.
    If it hits for the same price the original PS2 did in the UK it should be around that price
    But they do a £400 to $400 they would be launching in the UK at the same high price the PS3 was which a lot (not you Rad) Americans don't understand
    I see it being £350 here max with a $400-500 range in the US and EU
    America will get it first so the US price maybe announced first too, but I reckon you'll be day 1ing it

Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 02-02-2013 at 20:09.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    If it hits for the same price the original PS2 did in the UK it should be around that price But they do a £400 to $400 they would be launching in the UK at the same high price the PS3 was which a lot (not you Rad) Americans don't understand I see it being £350 here max with a $400-500 range in the US and EU America will get it first so the US price maybe announced first too, but I reckon you'll be day 1ing it Sent via Codec
    Sounds like I will. Oh yeah!

How could it be possible to hit the market at the same price as back then? Loads of years passed, wouldn't inflation alone drive to price up? Not to mention that technology got more expensive since then. Personally, i see the PS4 arriving at something between 450 and 550, maybe even two versions, one for 450/500 and one for 550.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Yeah I don't see them launching for the same price as they did PS2, inflation says hi. However, 399 would be a sweet spot for a base model I feel

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    the prices are going to be crazy for both consoles, But i guess worth it in the long run

But the prices will be close to $300-$500 in my opinion and then i will wait for the prices to most certainly drop
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Yeah I don't see them launching for the same price as they did PS2, inflation says hi. However, 399 would be a sweet spot for a base model I feel
    It is a possibility, but people are saying it would fail if it launched at the same price as the PS3, anything near £400 is that price
    Not for America, but us in the UK
    It would be like dishing out $700 for PS4 base model
    I don't expect the PS4 being more then a large screen LED TV regardless what tech it has in it
    I expect £350 downwards, anything more I would be shocked but prepared, afterall PS3 cost me £400 at launch too

Sent via Codec

Thread Information