Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 41424 ... LastLast
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Except they're not the same situations...not to mention, the PS3 is more powerful, but split RAM caused the multiplat issues.

With the PS3, the CPU was touted to be more powerful, never the GPU. So we find out that third party devs don't want to take advantage of the CPU because that means more work and with the split RAM, it proved to be an issue.

With these specs, we know that the PS4 will likely have better graphics, straight up...not relying on anything else. In fact, the 720 so far seems like it may reserve more power for Kinect. The PS4 doesn't have split RAM either so it's just straight up better specs.

What we don't know is that the 720 may have features that aren't leaked yet and we'll just have to see how the games look like because maybe there's stuff we just don't know. From what we do know so far, and if it's true, there's no contest.
    This is best assessment of the situation I've seen. Straight to the point and fair about the information that is there not rumors. +rep

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XxRichie98xX
    Im not an expert in this just run the games perfectly

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie98 View Post
    Im not an expert in this just run the games perfectly
    That's what I'm saying. I just want it to be a significant jump from where we are now.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Just passing it along from what I read. Here's what a guy that has some inside info has to say about the xbox 720. Take it for what you will. He is putting his gaf account on the line.

That member has been one of the only few that ACTUALLY knew about the specs. I'd say there are high chances for these to be true
    I wonder when a nuclear warhead goes off, does the frame rate of real life drop?

Ultimate Veteran
    Just passing it along from what I read. Here's what a guy that has some inside info has to say about the xbox 720. Take it for what you will. He is putting his gaf account on the line.

Id tend to agree, I've been saying for a while its probably reserved 2 cores for os.

Soldier 95B
    Oooh I like!

Power Member
    Bad.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Oooh I like!
    The whole, "PS4 wont process 7.1 surround sound cuz of the CPU" is a lot off

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    The PS3 is better on paper though and looked what happened in the last 6 years. Saying something is better on paper and scaremongering one way or other is just plain daft.
    On paper and technically but it was being fed the wrong gasoline, your car would run like $#@! too if it was fed regular gas and you has a diesel

Sent via Codec

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    YoungMullah88
    can i still game if the system is offline?

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    The whole, "PS4 wont process 7.1 surround sound cuz of the CPU" is a lot off

Sent via Codec
    This have something to do with Durango?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Forum Overseer
    I'm confused, didn't he say PS4?

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    This have something to do with Durango?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah its DSP's, according to that guy it'll have great sound proccesors
    I just notice that bit though because it be odd that PS3 has the processing power for 7.1 audio but the CPU's in the Durango & PS4 don't
    Unless I read it wrong but I expect both to match PS3 in sound capabilities.

Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 02-18-2013 at 01:02.

Elite Guru
    First of all the 3gb for OS as well as 2 cores has not been confirmed and to my understanding, in addition to that Kinect 2 it will have it's own dedicated chip this time around.
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    First of all the 3gb for OS as well as 2 cores has not been confirmed and to my understanding, in addition to that Kinect 2 it will have it's own dedicated chip this time around.

That could be true. I did read something about it having it's own processor.

The report added that a "dedicated processor", improved microphone, and enhanced RGB cam means that 'Kinect 2' will allow for "four players, sitting or standing" as well as sophisticated technology that can register props such as baseball bats.
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...n-circulation/

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    That could be true. I did read something about it having it's own processor.
    Which further increases the cost of the product leading to compromises somewhere else
    I wonder when a nuclear warhead goes off, does the frame rate of real life drop?

Dedicated Member

I personally think that there are a lot of people going off raw data without the details and drawing the wrong conclusions. ESRAM and Virtual memory texturing, we dont know what the advantages would be. There were so many that had the TFLOP specs as an advantage, and as always, it is nothing but a number in light theoretic limits on each card. The ROP advantage? Gone.

You could say that dedicating two cores is a lot, but we neither know just how much more powerful they are compared to normal Jaguar cores and whether or not that will bridge the gap or if it offers bigger benefits. The amount of people that have had inside info but have had issues interpreting them is mindblowingly awful, even SuperDAE who in part calculated efficiency in raw terms by compute units or DF who said that the DME's were there to aid the CPU and not the GPU.

As for me, i think that the systems come out even or similar at the end of the day, that is one thing i have always wanted. But the amount of people who took a stand and are now trying to justify it is shocking, even the blog post that X2 posted that was trashed in certain segments of this forum now looks credible in terms of the VGleaks data and what some insiders are claiming.

For me, the final numbers and how it all adds up for each console will give a clear picture, but as for now, there is a lot of fearmongering going on either side on a lot of forums and discussion boards.......best advice i have seen is that from mynd when he stated that it isnt the individual pieces, but how it is all put together. This gen, more power wasnt important in light of better efficiency and better tools.

Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Which further increases the cost of the product leading to compromises somewhere else
    and what would you be basing this on? Have we not seen so many people come to a conclusion in this thread, and it now looks like they may have grossly overestimated their views, you included?
    Last edited by acryllicaltair; 02-18-2013 at 11:41.
    xbox live: AcrylicAltair44

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Perhaps with the nextbox we'll actually get games back on the console, instead of having a Kinect Box forced on us again.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    Perhaps with the nextbox we'll actually get games back on the console, instead of having a Kinect Box forced on us again.
    Really? Really?
    xbox live: AcrylicAltair44

Master Sage
    ^Yep. MS stopped making new i.ps because they were flopping and focused on 4 successful titles and kinect when we're talking big budget exclusives. 2 release a year on top of all that kinect stuff.

I wish I could find that interview again where MS speaks on what I wrote above.
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    can i still game if the system is offline?
    Not if those rumors BG posted are true.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 02-18-2013 at 12:45.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    ^Yep. MS stopped making new i.ps because they were flopping and focused on 4 successful titles and kinect when we're talking big budget exclusives. 2 release a year on top of all that kinect stuff.
    Yep exactly. And thats why whether the 720 ends up being equally powerful or not I'm still going with the PS4. And MS isnt showing any signs of changing their strategy.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yep exactly. And thats why whether the 720 ends up being equally powerful or not I'm still going with the PS4. And MS isnt showing any signs of changing their strategy.
    They even speak on continuing this path but people keep saying "oh, it's not going to be like that. They will have games" and tell people that they are bashing MS. It's not really bashing, it's just we want them to continue that support even if a title happens to not sell too well. They can try again with another new i.p.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by acryllicaltair View Post
    Really? Really?
    That was my thought too.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    YoungMullah88
    lol but they will have games! maybe not as many as sony but they will and thats a fact. MS is not that stupid, havent they been beefing up there first party dev houses? maybe theyre prepping for kinect or AAA games who knows

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Based on what? All we have is rumors.

Thread Information