Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91929 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 475 of 846
  1. #451
    Elite Guru
    X2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,259
    Rep Power
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I like the rumoured specs if southern isles. Would it surprise me if ati offered this tech to ms first?
    They have history.
    Certainly the virtual addressing gels.
    Now AMD remove the Sea Island Instruction Set Architecture PDF, we don't know if it is temporary because there will be a revised document or another matter.

    http://developer.amd.com/wordpress/m...chitecture.pdf
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

  2. #452
    Counting Mod
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,337
    Rep Power
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    SuperDAE was raided by police. lol

    http://www.gamechup.com/superdae-lea...ded-by-police/

    Guess that means he was legit.
    I can't lie this is too funny. So does that mean he is right or MS just got pissed and said take him out!


  3. #453
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I can't lie this is too funny. So does that mean he is right or MS just got pissed and said take him out!
    He had to be right for MS to be pissed and take him out. Police would not have had anything to charge if the guy was lying. Probably, he signed Non Disclosure Agreement and that is what issued arrest warrant.

    This means that he was right.... and MS means business.

  4. #454
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    YoungMullah88
    Posts
    15,246
    Rep Power
    135
    But but but rumors are never...Oh $#@! it

    Sent from my Note II

  5. #455
    Counting Mod
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,337
    Rep Power
    178
    I guess MS used some of that 68 Billion to take him down.


  6. #456
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    But but but rumors are never...Oh $#@! it

    Sent from my Note II
    Well, as I was saying, there is a huge difference between "rumours" and stories verified by trusted journals. Otherwise, everything will be considered as a "rumour". Even Syrian government's attack on civilians will be just "rumours". Thankfully, we have credible journals to sort out rumours from real stories.

    I just hope that we dont have to go down this silly, "special sauce" argument.

    Also, the are the 100 page document released? and does it contain all the information that some people here wish to know?

  7. #457
    Ultimate Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    44
    Posts
    20,511
    Rep Power
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    SuperDAE was raided by police. lol

    http://www.gamechup.com/superdae-lea...ded-by-police/

    Guess that means he was legit.
    Certainly adds to his legitimacy, for sure.
    After reading the in depth details regarding the GPU (on the pages 2 and 3 that I didn't even know where there duh), I certainly can say it was either the most elaborate hoax, or legitimate, way to much detail to be a normal.

  8. #458
    Elite Guru
    X2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,259
    Rep Power
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Certainly adds to his legitimacy, for sure.
    After reading the in depth details regarding the GPU (on the pages 2 and 3 that I didn't even know where there duh), I certainly can say it was either the most elaborate hoax, or legitimate, way to much detail to be a normal.
    So what was your assessment of all 3 pages?
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

  9. #459
    Ultimate Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    44
    Posts
    20,511
    Rep Power
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    So what was your assessment of all 3 pages?
    Very new customized tech.
    Given what we saw as leaked regarding southern isles chips, it certainly shares DNA with it.

    I just hope that we dont have to go down this silly, "special sauce" argument.
    So what you take on this GPU then?
    Surely you not saying its an off the shelf part?
    Last edited by mynd; 02-19-2013 at 23:14.

  10. #460
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Very new customized tech.
    Given what we saw as leaked regarding southern isles chips, it certainly shares DNA with it.



    So what you take on this GPU then?
    Surely you not saying its an off the shelf part?
    Sigh. Never did. Special sauce is not "custom part".

    Both PS4 and Xbox 720 has customized tech. If they all have it, obviously it will not be very "special".

    MOD EDIT: No snide remarks needed.


    I hope we can move on now. Unless you have something new to add on to prove otherwise, I will be taking a break from this thread for now.

    Taking a break from the all the lawlguments.
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 02-19-2013 at 23:36.

  11. #461
    Elite Guru
    X2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,259
    Rep Power
    111
    Thanks mynd, I figured that from looking at it myself.


    Quote Originally Posted by FableMaster View Post
    Sigh. Never did. Special sauce is not "custom part".

    Both PS4 and Xbox 720 has customized tech. If they all have it, obviously it will not be very "special".

    I am assuming, you were not able to find what you were all desperately hoping for. I hope we can move on now.
    What are you talking about, it was already stated that Sony went with more off the shelf parts, added a few changes.

    FableMaster what is your assessments of this GPU since you seem to know so much?
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

  12. #462
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    Thanks mynd, I figured that from looking at it myself.

    What are you talking about, it was already stated that Sony went with more off the shelf parts, added a few changes.

    FableMaster what is your assessments of this GPU since you seem to know so much?
    Sigh.. I swear i think you are goading me. With all these unreasonable statements, I again will repeat what I said prob few dozen times. Digital Foundry>>>> you, me and fans in terms of credibility. Now, it's unreasonably desperate/hopeless assumption to say that PS4 is made out of off the shelf part.

    DF clearly states how both console are very customized. If anything Xbox is working off old tech while PS4 is using more cutting edge with DDR5 and processors that supports it.

    Let's end this special sauce argument. Shell we? At least until something new comes up. On current information(which seems to be very legit), we are looking at very weak Xbox 720.

  13. #463
    Power Member
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    26
    Posts
    15,776
    Rep Power
    164
    I'm just worried at how 'future' proofed a system will be that is roughly 1.8 Terraflops (broad measurement, I know) when there are graphics cards out now that are 3.5 Tflops+.

    Frustrating.. I like the console exclusives and all it brings to the table in a neat little package.. but mostly its the controller. I like games that use controllers (vs mouse and keyboard). Is game developers would wake up and start allowing some aim assist on their game servers for pad users....


  14. #464
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    I'm just worried at how 'future' proofed a system will be that is roughly 1.8 Terraflops (broad measurement, I know) when there are graphics cards out now that are 3.5 Tflops+.

    Frustrating.. I like the console exclusives and all it brings to the table in a neat little package.. but mostly its the controller. I like games that use controllers (vs mouse and keyboard). Is game developers would wake up and start allowing some aim assist on their game servers for pad users....
    The controller is very important to me, and is a much better gaming experience for me than the keyboard/mouse is. FOR ME...I am not saying for others.

  15. #465
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,519
    Rep Power
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    I'm just worried at how 'future' proofed a system will be that is roughly 1.8 Terraflops (broad measurement, I know) when there are graphics cards out now that are 3.5 Tflops+.

    Frustrating.. I like the console exclusives and all it brings to the table in a neat little package.. but mostly its the controller. I like games that use controllers (vs mouse and keyboard). Is game developers would wake up and start allowing some aim assist on their game servers for pad users....
    I'm thinking this next generation will only last for ~6 years or so. So that is one consolation.

  16. #466
    Elite Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,515
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    The controller is very important to me, and is a much better gaming experience for me than the keyboard/mouse is. FOR ME...I am not saying for others.
    I game on PC...and I use my 360 controller to do it. For most multiplats it works just fine, though I dare say I wouldn't try it competitively in multiplayer against KB/M guys

  17. #467
    Ultimate Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    44
    Posts
    20,511
    Rep Power
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by FableMaster View Post
    Sigh.. I swear i think you are goading me. With all these unreasonable statements, I again will repeat what I said prob few dozen times. Digital Foundry>>>> you, me and fans in terms of credibility. Now, it's unreasonably desperate/hopeless assumption to say that PS4 is made out of off the shelf part.

    DF clearly states how both console are very customized. If anything Xbox is working off old tech while PS4 is using more cutting edge with DDR5 and processors that supports it.

    Let's end this special sauce argument. Shell we? At least until something new comes up. On current information(which seems to be very legit), we are looking at very weak Xbox 720.
    Hmmm, I can only go off past experiences and those tell me Sony used off the shelf GPU, while MS went for customised GPU.

    I'm fine to leave this argument be, just as long as you know that if this turns out to be highly customised GPU, which we all know it is, and said performance is gained, we at least all were open to the possibility that this would or could happen. And not close minded.

  18. #468
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,741
    Rep Power
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Hmmm, I can only go off past experiences and those tell me Sony used off the shelf GPU, while MS went for customised GPU. I'm fine to leave this argument be, just as long as you know that if this turns out to be highly customised GPU, which we all know it is, and said performance is gained, we at least all were open to the possibility that this would or could happen. And not close minded.
    To be fair Sony only used an off the shelf GPU because they scrambled for it at the last minute because the original PS3 design wasnt even going to have a GPU but was going to have the cell run everything. If Sony would have planned to have a GPU from the beginning then they would have most likely went for something more customized. So your statement is a bit disingenous.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-20-2013 at 01:15.

  19. #469
    Elite Guru
    X2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,259
    Rep Power
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    To be fair Sony only used an off the shelf GPU because they scrambled for it at the last minute because the original PS3 design wasnt even going to have a GPU but was going to have the cell run everything. If Sony would have planned to have a GPU from the beginning then they would have most likely went for something more customized. So your statement is a bit disingenous.
    We're talking about PS4 and not PS3, it was said that Sony went with off the shelf approach, and MS went with a custom design.
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

  20. #470
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,741
    Rep Power
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    We're talking about PS4 and not PS3, it was said that Sony went with off the shelf approach, and MS went with a custom design.
    Wrong. Mynd said going off of PAST experience that Sony went with an off the shelf GPU. Obviously he was referring to the PS3 as his PAST experience and trying to use that as an excuse to say PS4 will propably use an off the shelf GPU again. So I explained why that statement was unfair.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-20-2013 at 01:37.

  21. #471
    Elite Guru
    X2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,259
    Rep Power
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Wrong. Mynd said going off of PAST experience that Sony went with an off the shelf GPU. Obviously he was referring to the PS3 as his PAST experience.

    My bad you're right lol
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

  22. #472
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,741
    Rep Power
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    My bad you're right lol
    Its all good in the hood. lol

  23. #473
    Extreme Poster
    Vyse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    25,558
    Rep Power
    224
    Now kiss. >.>
    Thanks to Kwes for the signature!

    "As long as there are dreamers who have the courage to pursue their dreams, the world will have heroes. And as long as there is a thirst to discover the unknown, there will be new stories to tell...and new adventures to be had."

  24. #474
    Ultimate Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    44
    Posts
    20,511
    Rep Power
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    To be fair Sony only used an off the shelf GPU because they scrambled for it at the last minute because the original PS3 design wasnt even going to have a GPU but was going to have the cell run everything. If Sony would have planned to have a GPU from the beginning then they would have most likely went for something more customized. So your statement is a bit disingenous.
    I doubt its disingenuous, this wasn't a system decision made 2 minutes before launch.
    Nor have I read anything anythwere yet to tell me that what Sony has is nothing but off the shelf parts..

    Lets face it so far what we have is a PC in a box.

    What is amazing is, that despite any real "info" about the PS4 regrading how its put together, and now having quite detailed data on on the 720, people are still declaring PC in a box as the winner.

    We know next to nothing about the PS4 specs.

    Given how long the supposed dev kits have been around, and how long they relative 720 dev kits have bene around, I can say one thing for certain...
    Sony has not had as much time to get this new system in order.
    Last edited by mynd; 02-20-2013 at 02:18.

  25. #475
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    23
    Posts
    8,246
    Rep Power
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I doubt its disingenuous, this wasn't a system decision made 2 minutes before launch.
    Nor have I read anything anythwere yet to tell me that what Sony has is nothing but off the shelf parts..

    Lets face it so far what we have is a PC in a box.

    What is amazing is, that despite any real "info" about the PS4 regrading how its put together, and now having quite detailed data on on the 720, people are still declaring PC in a box as the winner.

    We know next to nothing about the PS4 specs.

    Given how long the supposed dev kits have been around, and how long they relative 720 dev kits have bene around, I can say one thing for certain...
    Sony has not had as much time to get this new system in order.
    Still, all those custom parts only seem to 'make up' for the problems the PC in a box won't even have. Don't worry we have only have 20 hours to go. We'll certainly get more info soon
    I wonder when a nuclear warhead goes off, does the frame rate of real life drop?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts