Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2333 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    I don't think those days are gone, it's quiet now but I expect MS to secure at least a couple next-gen exclusives. Games that may come out on the PS3 but do not come out on the PS4. Maybe just timed, think Bioshock or Mass Effect, come out on PS4 a year or two later.

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I don't think those days are gone, it's quiet now but I expect MS to secure at least a couple next-gen exclusives. Games that may come out on the PS3 but do not come out on the PS4. Maybe just timed, think Bioshock or Mass Effect, come out on PS4 a year or two later.
    Hmm, it'll be more difficult, it's already difficult as it is. With development costs going up, I don't know.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Indeed the days when you can flash some money and get a exclusive is gone, something MS relied upon earlier this generation
    Sony does seem to be getting some exclusives through relationships/support and letting the developers have freedom, like QD for example
    which is something some developers say MS lack in
    But I think some exclusives will happen between the two consoles as its the beginning of the generation, both Sony/MS will see it as an attractive option to boost sales and developers will be more willing because how small the userbase is
    Its the reason we don't have many now, as its cutting your sales in half with both PS3/360 being close in userbase
    Sent via Codec
    Really? Now we all know that isn't true, and their all guilty of doing that. The QD deal with sony is no different than the Remedy deal with MS.As long as publishers foot the bill and the game is somewhat successful then everything is good.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I think remedy would be stupid to not go multiplat. Alan Wake only became successful once the pc version bailed them out. The 360 fanbase was not enough.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Hmm, it'll be more difficult, it's already difficult as it is. With development costs going up, I don't know.
    I think that will be the diving force of exclusivity next gen.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I think remedy would be stupid to not go multiplat. Alan Wake only became successful once the pc version bailed them out. The 360 fanbase was not enough.

You got proof of that? The game didn't break any sales records on xbox but it obviously sold enough to get a sequel. I'm sure the xbox 360 version played a huge role in that .

Xbox 360's Alan Wake Actually Sold Close to 1.5 Million

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/x...to-15-million/
    And this was before the game released on PC so i'm sure they are over two million and maybe close to 3 by now.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 03-23-2013 at 17:37.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    It's the combined sales that made it profitable. Over 2million sold together. Alan Wake isn't going anywhere most likely. MS let them keep the i.p rights so they are probably returning the favor of staying exclusive. Sony, on the other hand, will take the i.p rights of 2nd party titles. It happened with QD, Insomniac, Sucker Punch(before they bought them) and likely a few others I can't recall off the top of my head.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    It's the combined sales that made it profitable. Over 2million sold together. Alan Wake isn't going anywhere most likely. MS let them keep the i.p rights so they are probably returning the favor of staying exclusive. Sony, on the other hand, will take the i.p rights of 2nd party titles. It happened with QD, Insomniac, Sucker Punch(before they bought them) and likely a few others I can't recall off the top of my head.
    lol...Dude, you don't know that for sure. Sure, we can talk sales but profit is another thing.The digital sales were left out of the reports and were greater than expected. I'm sure that's one of the reasons we saw a digital only American Nightmare. The game released back in May 2010 and and in Dec of 2011 they reported over 1.5 mil sold. It released on PC in Feb 2012 and the next moth they reported they went over 2 mil, so evidently the xbox version didn't do that bad.

I don't know about the IP rights. We don't even know for sure what kind of deal was made with that. It's possible that it was never part of the deal. Maybe the game was exclusive because they actually preferred MS hardware and PS3 was just too difficult and probably not worth the extra cost and man power it would of taken for a small team like theirs.

Forum Sage
    double post.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Just requires a bit of forward thinking...

That's either PC or next gen.

Also...just saying, ya know nothing says GTA type coup...like a GTA coup....

I believe someone has it in the bag, just not sure who...

I mean...how do things change if MS stands up and says...GTA V exclusive next gen version....
    Last edited by mynd; 03-23-2013 at 21:03.

PSU Technical Advisor
    The odds of that happening are almost zero. The best you could hope for is a timed exclusive if anything.

It isn't like development would be vastly different for either machine, you'd just have to tone it down for the Durango from the PS4 version (or dev it for Durango and port it as is to PS4) and call it a day more or less.

MS would have to pay a ton of money to not convince Rockstar to also take the code over to the PS4 machine. I just don't see the financial sense in it. They stand to make alot of money having that title available ASAP for both machines.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 03-23-2013 at 21:20.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    The odds of that happening are almost zero. The best you could hope for is a timed exclusive if anything.
    Oh, yeah sorry that's what I meant, aint no one getting exclusives.

It isn't like development would be vastly different for either machine, you'd just have to tone it down for the Durango from the PS4 version (or dev it for Durango and port it as is to PS4) and call it a day more or less.
    I don't think there will be much difference in the GPU department there will be no need to port up or down.
    MS would have to pay a ton of money to not convince Rockstar to also take the code over to the PS4 machine. I just don't see the financial sense in it. They stand to make alot of money having that title available ASAP for both machines.

Forum Sage
    Where is your theory coming from mynd? (regarding GTA.)

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Game exclusivity is dead almost, studio exclusivity is definitely what is going on right now, Especially thinking a GTA exclusivity is just a dream since there is no leg to stand on...
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Where is your theory coming from mynd? (regarding GTA.)
    That someone got it as a timed exclusive on the next gen?

Well, isnt there always PC version?

I'm sure someone has convinced them to make a console version along side it.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post

I'm asking what was your basis on thinking that someone has got GTA as timed exclusive?

PSU Technical Advisor
    Oh, yeah sorry that's what I meant, aint no one getting exclusives.

I don't think there will be much difference in the GPU department there will be no need to port up or down.
    I'm really not sure where you're getting that. The info we have place it at 12 CU's and 1.2TF vs 18 CU's and 1.84TF (PS4).

I've not really seen anything that bridges this performance gap?

Even on B3D when they're looking at new information concerning what GPU the Durango may have been derived from, no one has seen cause to deviate from the 1.2TF performance mark:

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread...=62867&page=94

Anything other than this figure is literally raw unsubstantiated rumor. VGleaks so far has a pretty solid track record, and their latest information (documentation) is from late 2012 concerning Durango.

I think we will find out for sure one way or another. If MS fails to comment on TF performance (unlike Sony) than that should be a fairly good indicator that the initial figures were on the ball and they don't want to make themselves look bad. On the other hand, if they say "our GPU is 2.1 TF~" and list it as a feature and talk about it, we'll definitely know how wrong VGleaks was, providing they don't play last gen Sony tactics and obscure performance by making absurd calculations.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 03-24-2013 at 02:24.

All will be known in due time.

Sent from my HTC-PG762 using Tapatalk 2

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I'm very interested to see the reveal. I'm curious if MS is going to drop a bombshell that is going to shatter all this negativity. They have been mighty quiet this year. Outside of Major Nelson taking a few jabs here and there.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I'm really not sure where you're getting that. The info we have place it at 12 CU's and 1.2TF vs 18 CU's and 1.84TF (PS4).

Even on B3D when they're looking at new information concerning what GPU the Durango may have been derived from, no one has seen cause to deviate from the 1.2TF performance mark:

Anything other than this figure is literally raw unsubstantiated rumor. VGleaks so far has a pretty solid track record, and their latest information (documentation) is from late 2012 concerning Durango.

I think we will find out for sure one way or another. If MS fails to comment on TF performance (unlike Sony) than that should be a fairly good indicator that the initial figures were on the ball and they don't want to make themselves look bad. On the other hand, if they say "our GPU is 2.1 TF~" and list it as a feature and talk about it, we'll definitely know how wrong VGleaks was, providing they don't play last gen Sony tactics and obscure performance by making absurd calculations.
    Meh. Its all literally raw unsubstantiated rumor until MS reveals it in April.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style

Not really, not at all in fact TF is one thing, actual performance is another, and now that ive read through and understand what MS is doing, your going to be surprised.
    Take alpha blending for example, ask anyone in the know what kills pixel shader performance, MS has taken a good look at where performance gets killed and dedicated hardware to it from what I can tell.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Not really, not at all in fact TF is one thing, actual performance is another, and now that ive read through and understand what MS is doing, your going to be surprised.
    Take alpha blending for example, ask anyone in the know what kills pixel shader performance, MS has taken a good look at where performance gets killed and dedicated hardware to it from what I can tell.
    I don't even know WTF that is. Care to put pixel shader in stupid terms for me?

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls

Taking GTA4 as an example, the PC version will come out at least 6 months later, closer to a year probably.

Now, it's very likely that they'll port that version over to the next gen consoles (if it's not a port itself). But to both, not one. I believe there will be exclusives like this, but GTA won't be one of them. Rockstar love money and GTA sells like nothing else.

PSU Technical Advisor
    I think you're being optimistic imo, I just wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. =/

I prefer to go off what we have in our hands so far. It's been reliable thus far and until I have sufficient cause to dismiss it I'm not going to get my hopes up for this box. I think MS has an entirely different focus this gen and their box reflects that philosophy.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I think you're being optimistic imo, I just wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. =/

I prefer to go off what we have in our hands so far. It's been reliable thus far and until I have sufficient cause to dismiss it I'm not going to get my hopes up for this box. I think MS has an entirely different focus this gen and their box reflects that philosophy.
    Well, i have no idea were teraflops even come into, its all ways been about fillrate, poly per second.

The current way Sony has advantage would be in compute. Which has nothing to do with rendering (maybe translates to physics on screen, true but not actual rendering of pixels).

If MS employed a secondary GPU as a system and compute chip (including NUI/Kinect).

1x GPU for game
    1 GPU for:

-game compute
    -system rendering
    -NUI/Kinect

Then I'd say its pretty much a wash for gamers.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-24-2013 at 06:55.

Thread Information