Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2434
    I think ms is just going to do the same thing they did this gen, satisfy the hardcore audience for a bit and them just let them go. and another rumor I've heard is that Kinect is going to use around 2 cores of the system. I wonder if finally it will be able to keep up with professional ddr players movements.
    Sent from my HTC-PG762 using Tapatalk 2

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    If he wanted a PC box then that would've worked and that wouldn't be such a bad idea. If you think about it, PS4 is more like a PC than any other console ever.

I would not have agreed with this idea until now. I am a console lover but this is a good way to combine the best PC has to offer with what the console has to offer. Best of both worlds.

I'm very curious as to what services they have in mind.
    Sorry for the late response. I'm referring to Bill Gates wanting ALL of Windows in there. Basically a closed Windows box. The problem with that is there are a lot of components of Windows that have nothing to do with gaming and would unnecessarily bloat the OS in both disc and memory footprint. That's why Xbox designers vigorously fought for a stripped down version with just the essentials. Bill was finally swayed and we got a much better OS as a result. But Bill REALLY wanted full blown Windows in it a lot. Thank the Xbox designers for fighting hard on this. Cuz it was just that... a big internal fight.

You can read the books on Xbox to get all the details, but I gave the very short version of what happened.

Forum Overseer

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    That's what I was thinking too and it was a good decision. I think they will do the same with Win 8.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    More fuel to the rumored direction being true.

Blacklight dev:
    "I'm good friends with a lot of guys at Microsoft, I'm under their NDA flag, and Microsoft definitely has a different outlook than Sony does."
    http://www.destructoid.com/blackligh...--249729.phtml

We already know Sony's aim with the ps4 and if the 720 aim is different then it has to tie in with the rumors of being a jack of all trades.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    More fuel to the rumored direction being true.

Blacklight dev:
    http://www.destructoid.com/blackligh...--249729.phtml

We already know Sony's aim with the ps4 and if the 720 aim is different then it has to tie in with the rumors of being a jack of all trades.
    That was a bit eye opening to me. In due time we will see though. Question is what does it mean by different outlook. Very open ended.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    That was a bit eye opening to me. In due time we will see though. Question is what does it mean by different outlook. Very open ended.
    That is true. Only a month to go.

I just want the games. Everything else isn't too important to me.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    He also said
    "So now they're going hard, man. It's pretty cool, on all points. I think that it will be really interesting to see what Xbox fires back with. It'll be an awesome E3. Sony is just like, 'GO! GO! GO! Let's make this hardcore! Let's get all these devs in and let's make it as good as we can.'"
    http://www.destructoid.com/blackligh...JrSUbE0rVh0.99

Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    This just further cements my choice to go PS4 only next gen. MS has really dropped the ball with this one. I hope the 720 wont be holding back the multiplats on PS4 but it propably will.
    If things work out the ps4 will be getting a lot of Indie titles that 720 won't get. So that's a plus.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Which points to the 720 not being as gamer focused as the ps4. But we'll see soon.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Which points to the 720 not being as gamer focused as the ps4. But we'll see soon.
    Indies are hardly ever going to push hardware, but yes Sony are definitely chasing the indie/app crowd for the ps4/psp.

Banned

The key word is AS. Just cuz one system may have 10 hardcore games for it and the other has 8 hardcore games doesn't make the latter any less of a gaming console. Things are rarely even in any area.

And here is the kicker...... let's assume Microsoft isn't AS hardcore focused. They can always increase that amount later. It's not like they are stuck being forced to make nothing but casual games for this whole next-gen.

Expect Sony fans to beat Microsoft over the head about this for as long as they can.

I would figure though if you're going to be launching a new system you want to have those core titles needed at launch and if the next xbox doesn't people will be left disappointed and potentially go over to whoever is offering the games that appeal to them. At least that's what I would think.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Robardian View Post
    I would figure though if you're going to be launching a new system you want to have those core titles needed at launch and if the next xbox doesn't people will be left disappointed and potentially go over to whoever is offering the games that appeal to them. At least that's what I would think.

True. It's very important to go after your core audience early in the generation.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style

I would think MS has hardcore games for launch. You don't launch a new console with just kinect sports.

15. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    The key word is AS. Just cuz one system may have 10 hardcore games for it and the other has 8 hardcore games doesn't make the latter any less of a gaming console. Things are rarely even in any area.

And here is the kicker...... let's assume Microsoft isn't AS hardcore focused. They can always increase that amount later. It's not like they are stuck being forced to make nothing but casual games for this whole next-gen.

Expect Sony fans to beat Microsoft over the head about this for as long as they can.
    People can be genuinely concerned.....anyhow I think the concern is that if Microsoft focuses on the casual crowd first and are successful. Taking care of the hardware after may end up being a lower priority.

FYI -- I don't think Microsoft will ignore the hardcore crowd.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    People can be genuinely concerned.....anyhow I think the concern is that if Microsoft focuses on the casual crowd first and are successful. Taking care of the hardware after may end up being a lower priority.

FYI -- I don't think Microsoft will ignore the hardcore crowd.
    That is my biggest concern as well but early in the gen they will definitely be going after the hardcore for sure. Would be a terrible move otherwise. The hardcore gamers are the needy ones. They have to be satisfied to keep their support. Casuals are easily satisfied.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

18. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    so the rumored gpu is 7790 1.79 TF
    great if true

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    so the rumored gpu is 7790 1.79 TF
    great if true
    I think the 7790 cards covered so far in press are a higher clock than what what's going to be in the Durango, so the previously rumoured 1.23 TF could be and probably is still true. But I do think it's a 7790 derivative because it just makes sense

Flaw3d Genius
    If things work out the ps4 will be getting a lot of Indie titles that 720 won't get. So that's a plus.

Is that a plus? We have been getting non stop indie games on 360 for years now...and guess what 98% of them are utter $#@!.

Forum Sage
    That's assuming that Sony is going to do the exact same thing when it comes to selecting indie titles. I don't think Sony is going after indie devs the way Microsoft did.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    SuperDae had an AMA on reddit here a few interesting bits
    Regarding his Valve hack
    Valve.net
    Steam itself has 3 networks. Valve had a pretty unsecure FTP up until the hack, no complexity to passwords at all, which meant you could basically grab all the unreleased games sent to Valve for the Steam network. It was clean, but they have been working on various EP3s.
    There isn't an 'offline' network, basically connect to VPN and go crazy. A decent internal wiki details the network and their games, corp, etc.
    Durango vs PS4
    Sony PS4, I say this out of their power. Keeping in mind Sony isn't the best for security, hopefully they learnt from currentgen, that would really make Sony a winner (except with some exclusives, works both ways). I useto support Durango as I genuinely believed in Microsoft, and probably shouldn't, they have some serious security issues coming their way if they don't change. So really, my money is on Sony.
    More info on durango
    If i told you, Microsoft would probably change it.

Thread Information