Latest PSU headlines:

Supreme Veteran

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

IGN Sold from News Corp to Ziff Davis

IGN Sold from News Corp to Ziff Davis

by Joey Davidson | February 4, 2013

Ziff Davis, a subsidiary of j2 Global, has officially acquired IGN and all of the sites below its banner (GameSpy, 1UP, AskMen and more) from News Corp. News Corp is the corporation that owns Fox. The news of the sale broke this morning by way of a press release.

The amount IGN was sold for has not been reported.

Here’s where things get weird for fans of the gaming news side of the world. Back in 2009, Ziff Davis made a lot of news when they sold 1UP and a ton of great gaming writers lost their jobs. 1UP made a few transitions and was eventually picked up by News Corp and place below the IGN banner. Now, Ziff Davis once again owns 1UP.
    Bizarre.

Hopefully this transition will not affect the folks with jobs at IGN and its sister sites. If any big shake-ups happen as a result of this sale, we’ll have the news.
    http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/02...to-ziff-davis/

So IGN is going to go to shit then
    Last edited by claud3; 02-04-2013 at 17:20.

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I don't really know much about Ziff Davis or j2 Global so i'm not too sure how to feel about it haha

"Guns for Show, Knives for Pro"

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    That sucks! I remember watching ZDTV which later got sold and became TechTV...then it pretty much got ran into the ground and it is now G4TV...

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    I don't imagine this will significantly affect the quality or output of editorial content from IGN - Ziff Davis has a history in game publishing (can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure they owned Official PlayStation Magazine back in the glory days).

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from BlackColeBattlefield 3
    Well, I don't no much about the company who bought IGN. But IGN is very good website and active as well.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleOnTheRun View Post
    I don't imagine this will significantly affect the quality or output of editorial content from IGN - Ziff Davis has a history in game publishing (can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure they owned Official PlayStation Magazine back in the glory days).
    That is correct. I believe they've owned many gaming mags over the years. IGN is ok but it has gotten a bit too mainstream for my taste. Not a bad thing that they are branching out but I liked it more when it was about nothing but the games and they weren't easily swayed. Just my thoughts on it. I don't see where this can really hurt them.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Thread Information