Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

15 minutes of DayZ Stand alone

The first video of DayZ Standalone has been released.Oh and there's this.

It's nearly 15 minutes long and features the game's creator, Dean "Rocket" Hall, explaining what you're seeing. DayZ operations manager Matt Lightfoot talks along, too.
    Lightfoot and Hall demonstrate the game's log-in screen and simplified menus. They also run together through the game world, playing dress-up and showing character customisation. Lightfoot could do with some trousers.
    The video moves to a fly-over of a swamp area in the world designed by Ivan Buchta while he was detained in a Greek jail on charges of espionage. After, we get a glimpse of an island taken from ArmA 2 that has only just been added to DayZ Standalone.
    Then there's a look at a building and we see how the game spawns tins of beans. Finding them won't be easy: beans can spawn behind objects and under them, so you'll have to look hard when scavenging. Finally, Hall shows new wreckage types that are in the game.

Source

Can't wait for the standalone. DayZ offers one of the best game experiences i've had in a long long time. If you have a PC that can run Arma then i strongly recommend buying Arma and a microphone and entering the zombie apocalypse.

The fact the game doesn't even have an objective is what makes it so special - you play it how you want to play it. My preferred servers through you in the deep end. You spawn with a bag and few bandages and that is it. You then need to go off and find food and drinks, a weapon to defend yourself with and also a map so you can find out where you are on this massive (and i do mean massive) land belonging to the dead.

Just the other day me and 3 other friends were in a SUV that i was driving and i crashed into a wall breaking the front right wheel and smashing the windscreen what meant we had to delay what we were going to do initially and spend pretty much 90 minutes scavenging to find a wheel so we could continue driving to our destination - a camp we set up north of Pulkovo. A few nights ago our base actually got broken into and we lost a lot of equipment, it's all in the name of the game though.

Seriously, i can't recommend this game enough, would love to play with some PSU Bro's occasionally.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    looks awesome and i can not wait either mate... Been waiting for a while for a decent game to just chill with and take my time with

DAYZ
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Sage
    There is no such thing as chilling in the world of Chernarus! It's all about survival!

It's easy to loose a few hours playing this game though, usual gaming session is at least 3 hours minimum

Check the main map

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    man believe me, i could chill in horror games with easy

the image you posted does not work, having the same problem
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Sage
    Haha, if you got a PC that can run it i'd say buy it. The game is such a rush!

try this one

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    I was going to purchase ARMA, but then they announced the standalone game.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    As soon as it gets released I will try it out for sure.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Haha, if you got a PC that can run it i'd say buy it. The game is such a rush!

try this one
    LMAO,

i will when i get a chance mate, so much to do first in terms off gaming

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Hopefully the standalone version will be optimized and wont run like $#@!.

Elite Sage
    You should still get it, it's only 17 on Steam and the standalone isn't expected until June/July, i read. Gives you a real good idea what to expect.

Then again my judgement is impaired because i'm genuinely in love with this game

@Cyber, the stand alone is supposed to be better optimized but to say it runs like $#@! is not true. If your computer can handle it, it's fine. I have a very smooth experience playing this game on both desktop and laptop.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    You should still get it, it's only 17 on Steam and the standalone isn't expected until June/July, i read. Gives you a real good idea what to expect.

Then again my judgement is impaired because i'm genuinely in love with this game

@Cyber, the stand alone is supposed to be better optimized but to say it runs like $#@! is not true. If your computer can handle it, it's fine. I have a very smooth experience playing this game on both desktop and laptop.
    Yeah but you are not playing the standalone version, I meant that one.

Elite Sage
    That's what i meant when i said the stand alone is supposed to be better optimized than the current Beta (though a new version is out today) but the Beta still runs smooth as any other game - assuming you have the power to run it.

Some of the other maps in DayZ currently. Other than Cernarus - Panthera island is my favorite

Lingor Island

Takistan

Fallujah

Panthera Island
    Last edited by BBK..; 02-05-2013 at 12:53.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I honestly don't see what you see. Looks and sounds really boring.

Elite Sage
    It's one of those games you have to play it to get it. I could talk about how good the game is until I was blue in the face but until you play it and understand the feeling you get when playing it it's hard to explain what makes it so good.

Watch a few of FrankieonPCin1080p's videos and it shows just how much you can make DayZ into your own game.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I watched 5 minutes and nothing happened other than running about and using the scope to look at things.

Elite Sage
    Don't get me wrong, there is often a lot, and i do mean alot of running if you haven't found yourself a bike, car, plane, boat or helicopter but i think it's kind of expected when you are playing on a map that is 220 square KM's

A group of 6 of us decided to play as bandits last night and it was great fun, ambushed a bus full of people (though 2 of us died in the attack) and blew their bus up this got me the bandit skin as i killed several people whilst shooting the bus up. After that our group got split up due to some people dying and others running away due to lack of ammo. so it was me and one other guy together making our way back to Elecktro (the maps 2nd largest city) to regroup with our dead friends. Just as we got to the city we saw someone had placed a helicopter on top of the hospital - worked out quite well because we were low on medical supplies - so we proceeded with caution as we thought they would still be on the roof or in the shop near by.

We made it to the helicopter and stole that as well as loading it up with blood bags, bandages, morphine and epi-pens and flew off. Just as we were gaining altitude my friend who was sat in the door gunner position noticed 4 guys running around in the city so i circled a few times until we had a clear shot and he shot and killed 4 of them.

After a few more miles of flying fuel was running low so i had to land at a barn to refuel. There happened to be someone in the barn so i tried to kill them, i felt bad cause they were a new player but it was too much of a risk to let them live and probably steal my helicopter but during the gun fight he hand a stupid Lee Enfield gun what is one of the loudest guns in the game so when he shot a few times it brought in loads of Zombies so after i killed him I was stuck in a very small area with about 20 or so zombies chasing me...

They cut me off and i broke my legs then they decided to eat me.

I've played about 40 hours at least of DayZ now and I honestly think it is one of the best game ideas in a very long time. I can see from a viewers perspective how it can looks boring and just nothing but running around but once you get what the game is about and setting yourself objectives, the game is one of the best experiences i've had in a long time.

Thread Information