Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

The Witcher 3 Announced! Next Gen Confirmed

CD Projekt RED has provided the screenshots you see here from its current in-game assets running on its Internal PC development hardware. However, the renderer - the part of the engine that translates the game files into what you ultimately see on screen - is still in development and will boast significant improvements by the time The Witcher 3 ships. "Right now you see the game in the old renderer, but it's going to be taken to a truly next level," says gameplay producer Marek ZSiemak. In particular, the developers tell us that skin shaders and the dynamic lighting model will be markedly more advanced in the final version.
    World supposedly 20% bigger than Skyrim's, says development team. [Tentative, obviously]
    30-40 minutes to cross world on Horseback
    New streaming technology (CDRED Engine 3)
    Geralt's Memory is restored
    No chapters/acts
    Dude is ****ing DONE fighting for everyone else
    Everything from solving MYSTERIES to slaying monsters
    Coming out on "all top-of-the-line" consoles - I'd say that confirms next-gen is in.
    Some more info

In game shots I assume will be in the Game Informer issue
    Last edited by Itachi; 02-05-2013 at 16:04.

Indoril Nerevar
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It probably is next-gen but it's not confirmed. Between that and the lack of screenshots the topic title really got me hyped more than it should have.

Master Poster
    Hopefully PS4 gets this...I was so bummed out that we didn't get The Witcher or Witcher 2
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryAim View Post
    Hopefully PS4 gets this...I was so bummed out that we didn't get The Witcher or Witcher 2
    I'd be willing to bet if Witcher 3 sells well on PS4, they will put the other 2 on there as well.
    Who would have thought building a solid product that serves your customer's needs would beat out money, marketing, hype, and greed.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    It probably is next-gen but it's not confirmed. Between that and the lack of screenshots the topic title really got me hyped more than it should have.
    It kinda is confirmed. There was a eurogamer article that said CD projekt is working on 2 AAA games both for PC and next gen simultaneous release (Cyberpunk and witcher) in 2014

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Sold

It'll be on PS4, I'm sure. Just hope it releases at the same time as the PC version. Or do I? That would make me buy a PS4 sooner than I'd like to....

*******s

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    World 40 times larger than the last game
    Your move bethesda

Updated OP with more info. I really need to play the previous games. Thinking of skipping the first
    Last edited by Itachi; 02-05-2013 at 16:05.

Dedicated Member
    Big fan of these guys! Love the series, excited for Cyberpunk! Bring on 2014!
    Six Years With PSU!~ Favourite Games of all Time~ Smash Bros, Spyro, GTA series and Elder Scrolls Series
    Add me on PSN FOXY007 OR Steam psn_foxy007
    My Hardware~ Sony Bravia 240hz 3D 40".. Ps3 Slim250gig and Sony Bravia Surround Sound 5.1
    PC- i7 3930k|gtx670|8g ram|2T HDD|Bluray disc drive

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Hearing its more open world is very exciting!

Home Theater Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover

The Witcher 3 Announced for Next-Gen Consoles!

Described as a standalone sequel, it will put the franchise's trademark stories, characters and non-linear stories in an open-world setting, according to
    Game Informer
    Game Informer / CD Projekt

The world is said to be 30 times larger than the previous Witcher game, and bigger than the one seen in Skyrim.

Confirmed settings include "stormy islands to war-torn forests and a sprawling dark fantasy metropolis", while the story is said to see "a tired hero who wants to set things right but can't put down his swords until his conscience allows - if it ever does."

It was added that it won't feature any loading screens, and that monster hunting will be one of the new features available in the open setting.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    will be available on PC and "all high-end platforms available" in 2014, suggesting it will be released on next-generation consoles.
    Last edited by Wrath; 02-05-2013 at 18:34.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Merged with Itachi's thread.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Yep. Soooo keen!

One of the best game series around. I'll buy it on the new xbox and on my epic PC. It will be well worth the money

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Hope this hits all formats this time around. I expect we will. I need to play through the first 2. I started 1 and never finished it.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from BlackColeBattlefield 3
    I will not support this company as they didn't like the PS3. So, go to hell you and your game. I hope everybody will do the same.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    I will not support this company as they didn't like the PS3. So, go to hell you and your game. I hope everybody will do the same.
    Have they ever come out and said so or just because they only have games for 360 and PC? Just wondering because I never heard anything about them coming out and bad mouthing the PS3.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from BlackColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Have they ever come out and said so or just because they only have games for 360 and PC? Just wondering because I never heard anything about them coming out and bad mouthing the PS3.
    They already moutibf the PS3 bad when they have released thier game only on garbage Xbox. In term of power for thier game. The PS3 is more powerfull than garbage Xbox in many ways but they didn't release it. So, for me, I would never support them at all and even their game on Steam is 9.99. (:

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Eh, Don't really see the problem if they don't openly bash the system but hey to each his own. Just because ND develops on PS3 should MS owner boycott them because they only developed on PS3 if they decided to go multiplat? Idk entitled to your opinion but I don't really share it. I don't hate a company because they didn't develop on my console of choice.

Here is an article where CD Projekt Red talks about Witcher 2 possibility on PS3 about a year ago. Not like they are saying they hate the console.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...arrive-on-ps3/

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Ok so long as I can actually jump off cliffs and hills. I hated the fact you could not do that.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Haven't played enough of the game to get that far. Lol

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Haven't played enough of the game to get that far. Lol
    It is after the first big boss the world opens up a bit and I was left with wtf I can not do that?
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    It is after the first big boss the world opens up a bit and I was left with wtf I can not do that?
    I basically beat the starting area and then moved on to that first town you go to and stopped. I really need to get back into but I have so many other games backlogged.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    If it does indeed release on Ps4, looks like im buying one in 2014. Hoped Witcher 2 would go to PS3 but whatever.. hope save importing isnt important. lol

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Indoril Nerevar
    This is one of the few competent developers that are actually pushing the technological envelope. The PS3 is additionally complicated to port over, especially for such an advanced game. As far as I'm aware The Witcher 2 barely made it over to the Xbox 360. Stop being a fanboy, dude.

Home Theater Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    **** me, you are a terrible fanboy.

CD Projekt are a relatively small Polish developer and publisher that simply don't possess the resources of EA, Activision, etc. They never turned down the PS3 outright but instead simply couldn't afford to release their games on all platforms.

You need to get your facts straight.
    Last edited by Wrath; 02-06-2013 at 12:43.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    New pics...to lazy to link all
    They are based on the old renderer so that's why they don't look much better than witcher 2

aww what da heck...here, you lazy monkeys
    Last edited by Itachi; 02-06-2013 at 15:51.

Thread Information