Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation

PS4 reveal in February...what are you expecting?

The PS4 will be showcased for the first time in New York City on February 20th.

http://www.psu.com/a018209/What-to-e...ns-and-insight

What do you think we'll see? Do you think Sony will tease and leave all the juicy stuff for E3?
    DUST 514 name: swillw /Corporation PSU Ghost Syndicate

Forum Elder
    The future of gaikai and SEN

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3. Likes StevenW likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I think we are going to see the system with some general specs (and capabilities) of the system along with a few tech demos...I think they will wait for E3 to show off any games and more detailed info on the system. On Feb 20th they just want to dangle the carrot above us!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

5. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If thats what the announcement truly is. http://playstationgang.com/sony-may-...february-2013/

Veteran
    I agree with these guys:

http://playstationgang.com/sony-may-...february-2013/
    Sony May Not Announce The PS4 February 2013

We don't really know anything except Sony has made an official announcement of some kind of event on Feb. 20. All the other "supportive evidence" has been just one person after another rehashing a bunch of old rumors, even the Wall Street Journal and Pachter. It is a real laugh, but I am starting to see posts by people saying Sony is really setting themselves up for a big backlash if they don't reveal the PS4 "like they promised". Seriously, this mental masturbation fantasies that people inflict on themselves is very disturbing. If I mentally masturbate to Kate Upton, then ask her out in real life and she turns me down, is that her fault (yes, because she doesn't know what she is missing out on!)? The timing is all wrong, for Sony to upstage big PS3 title releases with an all out PS4 extravaganza at this point.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

PSU U.K. Executive Editor and Podcast Host
    Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Personally i'm hoping for some sort of confirmation on next-gen iterations in the Uncharted and Gran Turismo series, as well as confirmation of The Last Guardian as a PS4 title. Brief footage on one of these titles would be a plus, too.

In addition, Gaikai is a must, and I expect Sony to give us an insight into backwards compatibility too.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    It's the PS4 lol. Just jump on board the hype train and enjoy the ride!

Those big AAA exclusives will sell themselves. Only Beyond may not sell as much as it could have. Depends on Sony marketing it as much I guess

As for what I'm expecting - I am hoping they go into detail with the controller, but I wouldn't be surprised if they held back on it a bit and waited for E3. I'm positive the most juicy bits of info they have for us will be saved for E3. Maybe some 1st party games showcased as well as the major 3rd party plans for the console.

Undecided if they'll show the console itself. Maybe renders with "subject to change". They've got to be tactile and keep us at hype level throughout the year to launch. Hence why I think they won't show aaall that much

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Would Sony be so short sighted to call a press conference amidst all this hype and not show the PS4? Maybe 6-7 years ago but not now.

They'll probably take the piss at first though, like, 'hey here's a brand new red white and blue PS move controller..... tadaaaa'

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    I agree with these guys:

http://playstationgang.com/sony-may-...february-2013/
    Sony May Not Announce The PS4 February 2013

We don't really know anything except Sony has made an official announcement of some kind of event on Feb. 20. All the other "supportive evidence" has been just one person after another rehashing a bunch of old rumors, even the Wall Street Journal and Pachter. It is a real laugh, but I am starting to see posts by people saying Sony is really setting themselves up for a big backlash if they don't reveal the PS4 "like they promised". Seriously, this mental masturbation fantasies that people inflict on themselves is very disturbing. If I mentally masturbate to Kate Upton, then ask her out in real life and she turns me down, is that her fault (yes, because she doesn't know what she is missing out on!)? The timing is all wrong, for Sony to upstage big PS3 title releases with an all out PS4 extravaganza at this point.
    You need to stop being the pessimist. The PS4 will be shown on Feb 20th. Just mark my/our words and see for yourself.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Would Sony be so short sighted to call a press conference amidst all this hype and not show the PS4? Maybe 6-7 years ago but not now.

They'll probably take the piss at first though, like, 'hey here's a brand new red white and blue PS move controller..... tadaaaa'
    Definitely this.

If they don't it will be like; "No Fifa this year? That is a joke, right?"
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    One thing for sure their will be

CARS,

A CAR-PARK,

8 FRONT DOORS,

5 FIRE EXITS,

TEENAGERS,

MOTHERS,

FATHERS,

FOOD,

TOILETS,

BOUNCERS,

PRESS,

LIGHTS,

CAMERAS,

DANCING GIRLS,

BOOTHS,

CHEESY QUOTES,

INTERVIEWS,

MESS UPS,

PEOPLE WALKING AROUND IN A WONDER,

PEOPLE LOOKING AT THINGS,

WINDOWS,

STAIRS,

CARPET,

BARE FLOOR,

REP'S TRYING TO SELL YOU THINGS,

CHAIRS,

PEOPLE STANDING,

GIGGLES,

ANGER

But on topic:

But for all i mentioned in that list above,

i guess their might be some revealing of the PS4. In what way, we will have to wait and find out
    Last edited by claud3; 02-05-2013 at 19:01.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Wall Street Journal isn't kotaku...They don't pull "sources" out their ass just for hits.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    All the other "supportive evidence" has been just one person after another rehashing a bunch of old rumors, even the Wall Street Journal and Pachter.
    Is this not a PlayStation Meeting they're setting up for February, similar to the way Kaz unveiled the PS Vita? Would it not make more sense for Sony to unveil the PS4 sooner rather than later so that they have an excited audience going into E3 expecting even more information?
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-05-2013 at 19:29.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Is this not a PlayStation Meeting they're setting up for February, similar to the way Kaz unveiled the PS Vita? Would it not make more sense for Sony to unveil the PS4 sooner rather than later so that they have an excited audience going into E3 expecting even more information?
    This. Reveal the console now and people will be drooling to see what's at E3.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    Realisticly what im expecting to see is as follows

New bundles reguarding the PS3 and Move
    New price points for the Vita 199 for the wifi, 249 for the 3G
    Release dates for titles
    An official announcement of Next Gen hardware with no specifics
    Next Gen tech demos
    Gakai information

I dont think its going to be as big of a reveal as everyone is making it out to be about the next gen, probably more along the lines of "Yes, were working on the next playstation, heres some videos on what its capable of, wait for E3 for more information."

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Ive got a shitload of bubble gum"

Ultimate Veteran
    I don't think it'll be a huge reveal either. At least, they won't talk about any games until E3 but mainly the hardware and what it's capable of. I don't see how that would detract people from God of War: Ascension or The Last of Us.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I hope for enough of a tease that gets everyone counting down the days to E3, if they show too much they will have less to show at E3.

At the same time I want it allllllllllllllllllllll and I want it now but I can wait.. just about.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    The article has some decent points but if its just "Anything" then it must be something that tops a PS4 reveal because I can't think of anything else that would warrant such mass attention and invitations to big names in the industry.

Releasing variations of the PS3 along with whats to come for the current gen console won't hinder sales in either the hardware or software department. I do know that God of War: Ascension and The Last of Us will sell just fine regardless. As for Beyond: Two Souls, that all depends on Sony. Its not like all of their exclusives have been laying golden eggs for them.

I firmly believe that this year is a great time for a next-gen reveal and in such an early time-frame for the year. The hype like, Blacksite pointed out, will be carried through its launch date so the sooner the better.

Ultimate Veteran
    I expect a fully loaded lollercopter of Airwolf proportions to unload on the internet with infinite ammo.

Elite Member
    Items BowserDoom
    I think Sony will stick to Japan's tradition to skip the number 4 and they'll name it something else, but I don't think they'll use the codename Orbis as part of the name.

As for the controller, I think and I hope they'll take this chance to make it ergonomically better; it's been a constant point of criticism from xbox users who start using PS and even PS users who have both systems, so I think Sony will improve upon it without making the changes too drastic like they tried with the PS3.

As for whether it will be revealed or not, I think it will be announced and at E3 they'll have something for us to see and hopefully even try out.
    Thou shall not question my lame sig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariakace View Post
    Realisticly what im expecting to see is as follows

New bundles reguarding the PS3 and Move
    New price points for the Vita 199 for the wifi, 249 for the 3G
    Release dates for titles
    An official announcement of Next Gen hardware with no specifics
    Next Gen tech demos
    Gakai information

I dont think its going to be as big of a reveal as everyone is making it out to be about the next gen, probably more along the lines of "Yes, were working on the next playstation, heres some videos on what its capable of, wait for E3 for more information."
    Lol you sound like those are not a big deal.... actually
    probably more along the lines of "Yes, were working on the next playstation, heres some videos on what its capable of
    This one is more than enough for me...
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    I don't think there is any question that it is the PS4 at this point. Anything else would have to been announced/shown at the Destination PlayStation event just 5 days later.

I believe they will handle to reveal very similar to the PS Vita, maybe some slight differences. The Destination PlayStation event will very likely be focus on the final PS3 first-party titles. I believe most (if not all?) of them are set to release before E3, opening their E3 conference up to be PS4 focused.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeghtmare View Post
    I think Sony will stick to Japan's tradition to skip the number 4 and they'll name it something else, but I don't think they'll use the codename Orbis as part of the name. As for the controller, I think and I hope they'll take this chance to make it ergonomically better; it's been a constant point of criticism from xbox users who start using PS and even PS users who have both systems, so I think Sony will improve upon it without making the changes too drastic like they tried with the PS3. As for whether it will be revealed or not, I think it will be announced and at E3 they'll have something for us to see and hopefully even try out.
    Yeah I cant stand the DS3 for shooters and racers. I hope Sony makes a better controller for the PS4.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Wall Street Journal isn't kotaku...They don't pull "sources" out their ass just for hits.
    In 2008, the WSJ was completely clueless the US was in recession, the biggest recession since the Great Depression, despite multiple other sources saying the recession had started in 2007. The WSJ clung to their position right until the week the biggest brokerages and banks were collapsing and many afraid it would take down the entire country without massive government intervention (debt).
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121068163716188223.html
    Recession? Not So Fast, Say Some
    Despite Pain, Economists Begin Dialing Back Dire Forecasts
    May 14, 2008
    That article about the Playstation media event wasn't the Wall Street Journal, it was just some writer for the WSJ and they hire free lancers all the time. That article had nothing new and it was just a rehash of the same old rumors that have become progressively more outlandish with the passing months.

It is far more likely, if the PS4 comes up at all, it will be a brief mention to allow devs to talk about developing for it at Game Developers Conference GDC, in March. That makes a lot more sense than some huge curtain opening just a few months before E3.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Superior Member

Timing wise it really does make sense. Unless there will be no PS4 games shown at E3 (which is highly unlikely since most 1st party games will already be released leaving only these cryptic next gen games we here about) then they need to reveal the PS4 before the event. These 3rd party developers will be showing off next gen games and we wouldn't have even heard anything about the console they would be playing on. They will have their own release party/event and it looks the 20th is the date. Get out the info on it. Specs, target renders, visuals, apps, accessories, functions, and features. What I'm not sure is if we will get a release date and price set. I think they will say something like Holiday 2013 and leave the price out. Then finalize all that at E3 along with the games. Thats my feeling because I'm not sure if they will have final plan and release dates.

Thread Information