PSN ID
    DuBoi187

Thumbs up Squad Orders : Their importance, usage and function.

This section will provide information on the role of the Squad Leader. How to issue commands as well as their function and how to use them on the battle field to the advantage of the squad. This is important to read for everyone who is unfamiliar with squad ordering or seeking more info.

Squad Orders

What are they? They are commands issued by the squad leader, which will give the rest of the squad direction and organization, AND will give a 20% boost to the war points earned when in the vicinity of the objective set by the squad leader. This is also the key to getting a 2nd or even a 3rd orbital strike!

When you find yourself in the position of being the squad leader, it is important to issue squad orders, and since I am finding that most people don't even know what they are, I will tell you.

How to issue squad orders

Method 1 - Press down on the D-pad of the controller, a map will be displayed of the battle field. Here you can highlight an objective (such as installation, turret, supply depot, a person or vehicle, basically anything you can hack or interact with), when highlighted press X and depending on what you selected, a few options will appear: Capture, Rally, Defend and Attack. Here is where you select what you want to do by moving the right thumb stick, in most cases it will be either capture or defend. This method is good because you get to see the map when issuing orders, but leaves you vulnerable to attack, so if you do it this way, find cover first!

Method 2 - Hold down R2, while holding down R2, click R3(right thumb stick) and move R3 to select desirable command. After selecting the order you wish to preform your crosshairs will turn into an order icon. You then aim the order icon at whichever objective you choose. Click R1 to issue the order. This method is way better to use, as it can be used on the go without having to stop and bring up another menu.

In most cases, you will use defend and capture orders.

What squad orders do
    After the squad leader issues an order, when ever one of the squad members is in the vicinity or the objective that the order has been placed on or by, all kills and hacks will earn squad members an extra 20% more warpoints!

A few examples: A capture orders was issued on a CRU, when you score a kill around that CRU you will receive 60 points instead of 50! A kill assist will get you 35 points instead of 25, and a hack will get you 120 points instead of the usual 100 for the hack.

This small increase in warpoint accumulation adds up to more orbital strikes!

Also too, when a squad members gets a hack, kill, or assist around an objective set by the squad leader, the squad leader also gains 10 points for the action that got the points(10 fora kill, 20 for a hack, 5 for an assist).
    So this means everyone score more points !!

Best ways to use the squad orders

• Issue orders right after you call in a vehicle, since you have to wait for 10 seconds anyway.
    • Use the 'defend' order on the person in your squad when you have no objectives to set, when ever this person or someone from your squad gets a kill or completes a hack, the squad leader will get a little bit of points too.
    • Always issue orders, at any giving time during a match you should have something ordered (see above).
    • Riding in the passenger seat is a good place to issue the squad order.

In The role of the squad leader is to maximize the the war points of his/her squad. Remember this, when we are calling in our 2nd or even 3rd orbital strike, or when we find ourselves at the top of the score boards, the extra points earned went a long way to make that happen.
    Last edited by Ghost; 02-06-2013 at 07:31.

PSN ID
    DuBoi187
    If anyone has any questions, or if something needs to be clarified be sure to let me know and I will do my best to help.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Really nice work, thanks! I gave it a lil edit and presentational fix, I hope you don't mind. This is really great stuff, thanks!
    Last edited by Ghost; 02-06-2013 at 07:23.

Apprentice

And you better use the squad commands or duboi will come get you. For real he's serious about this. I play a few feet from him and i still have bruises from not setting squad orders. Vagylenol got scissors in the thigh for not putting a capture order on objective c.
    i love couch co op

5. Likes Zswordsman likes this post

PSN ID
    space_eyes
    Quote Originally Posted by bill the noon View Post
    And you better use the squad commands or duboi will come get you. For real he's serious about this. I play a few feet from him and i still have bruises from not setting squad orders. Vagylenol got scissors in the thigh for not putting a capture order on objective c.
    Ha yeah good thing the thigh was on my dinner plate... Mmmmm... Chicken .

But on a more serious note...

Additionally if you are going SOLO into a match.
    Be sure to create a squad for yourself before going into a match. This increases your chance of being a squad leader and having a better chance of having others in your squad.
    Why? When you set your targets you have more team mates earning YOU points. Sure an extra 10 points here and there, 60 points for that kill instead of 50, an extra 10 points for someone else's kill is always nice.
    But wait there's more, in addition to earning these points, you have the perk of being the squad leader. Why is that a perk? Because only squad leaders can order an Orbital Strike. Wait a second, your a squad leader, that means you can call in a strike when you reach 2500 wp. What's that? You only have 1000? Good thing that the game stuffed in some extra members into your squad because you can tally up those points as well towards YOUR Orbital Strike. Placed well enough you can score even more points!

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I think I'm going publish this on the news page at some stage.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items DoomVita
    Ive recently purchased a load of drop ships so i can help deliver people to objectives.

Inertia dampeners work from Dropships, right? ;-p
    Heavy suits can survive fatal crashes, right?
    Your confident in my flying, right?

The King has Returned

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    How could we not have confidence in a guy who makes such a cool sig!? Man, I have like...40 drop ships from salvage...the good ones too, with mobile spawn points. It's just shy of 20,000,000 worth of dropships just from battles lol.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    How could we not have confidence in a guy who makes such a cool sig!? Man, I have like...40 drop ships from salvage...the good ones too, with mobile spawn points. It's just shy of 20,000,000 worth of dropships just from battles lol.
    same

my merc is currently hoarding 'stuff'. i have loot that would require months of playing to be able to use

when can we sell all this goodness?
    better yet, when can we start gifting loot to members of the corp specializing in them.

The voice over chick should be more commanding though, she's quite sombre to all things happening on the battlefield. its hard to hear her when you're not paying attention.
    she should be more like EDI :3
    i payed attention to EDI's voice
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    same

my merc is currently hoarding 'stuff'. i have loot that would require months of playing to be able to use

when can we sell all this goodness?
    better yet, when can we start gifting loot to members of the corp specializing in them.

The voice over chick should be more commanding though, she's quite sombre to all things happening on the battlefield. its hard to hear her when you're not paying attention.
    she should be more like EDI :3
    i payed attention to EDI's voice
    I'd say April is a possibility for trade. I also read/heard somewhere talk of a corp armory, where we could have shared assets. That's so badass.

EDI's voice commanded attention!! Is the sound mixed a bit funnily perhaps? I generally hear the voice unless I am engaged in my mass driver dance of chaos and suicide. Then all I hear is the angels guiding me to the big nebula in the sky .

PSN ID
    Undarus
    While squad orders are certainly important, they pale in comparison to actually speaking with your squad and calling out orders. Being able to set defend and capture orders is very useful, but nothing beats quickly telling your squad to hoof it to Charlie and stick to cover along the way. You can call out important targets such as tanks or pesky snipers, and you keep your squad up to date at all times. If you need them to hold off on spawning as you place a forward uplink, tell them.

Squad orders will certainly help you along, especially with getting those Orbital Strikes, just remember that nothing beats good old fashion verbal communications, so get on comms and give em hell

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    This is right. Most of us use mics, so its win/win anyway...points AND coordination. Also, welcome! Have you joined PSUGS? What's your merc name?

PSN ID
    Freshoposum
    I also know a little trick or bug... not sure :P

When you repair your Squadleader and he is putting down a OS. Then you will get Guardian points for each kill.
    1 Guardian Kill = +35 WP.
    Join Red Guard Today!
    http://redguard.enjin.com

PSN ID
    Freshoposum
    I also know a little trick or bug... not sure :P

When you repair your Squadleader and he is putting down a OS. Then you will get Guardian points for each kill.
    1 Guardian Kill = +35 WP.
    Join Red Guard Today!
    http://redguard.enjin.com

Thread Information