Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Super Elite

I think there's a price MS and Sony can charge - $400 and a price Nintendo can charge - $200 or $250. Even as a gamer, when I first heard the Wii U price my jaw hit the floor. Talk about sticker shock. When people walk into the store and see the Wii going for just a bit over 100 or the Wii U at 350, they pick the Wii. When MS and Sony launch at $400 each, these same people won't hesitate to pay more. I think there's an expectation that playstation and Xbox push tech boundaries. The Wii U would be REALLY cheap without the gamepad. They just didnt invest in powerful hardware. That means you REALLY have to want that "tablet" or why even bother?

Apprentice
    I like the idea of the WiiU but I think they went about that system all wrong. Why would they give you a controller with a screen on it without you being able to buy an extra one of those controllers? The entire system I think was a huge mistake and they didn't think before they acted.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    I like the idea of the WiiU but I think they went about that system all wrong. Why would they give you a controller with a screen on it without you being able to buy an extra one of those controllers? The entire system I think was a huge mistake and they didn't think before they acted.
    I think they should have used an Android tablet. Those things have economies of scale (contract with Samsung or something) and can be purchased with better hardware for less money and over time would become much cheaper than Nintendo can ever get the gamepad. They could have had a Wii U app on them. That would have allowed them to sell a Sku without a tablet for less for the folks that already have one. They would have sold way more consoles.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think they need to get me same damn games. ASAP

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    Not to mention the fact that the tablet is useless without the console (correct me if I am wrong.) You can't really take it around with you and use it as a tablet (another mistake that Nintendo made.)

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    the only thing it could do without the Wii U console is be a TV remote. Its a cool concept however none of the software available right now makes great use of it.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    I think they should have used an Android tablet. Those things have economies of scale (contract with Samsung or something) and can be purchased with better hardware for less money and over time would become much cheaper than Nintendo can ever get the gamepad. They could have had a Wii U app on them. That would have allowed them to sell a Sku without a tablet for less for the folks that already have one. They would have sold way more consoles.
    But that's the thing the a lot of people don't understand, and it's Nintendo's $#@! marketing that doesn't help it, but it's not just a tablet-wannabe. It has the control sticks and buttons of a regular controller, so just using a cheaper tablet wouldn't work. If the controller were a tablet, then I'm sure it would be selling even less than it is now, because I know I sure as hell wouldn't buy one if that's what the controller was. The simple truth is they counted on 3rd parties to pick up the slack at launch. And as everyone knows, Nintendo just can't do that. It happened here. It happened with the 3DS. And if it weren't for Wii Sports, I'm sure it would've happened with the Wii.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Nintendo should just stick to making software.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    But that's the thing the a lot of people don't understand, and it's Nintendo's $#@! marketing that doesn't help it, but it's not just a tablet-wannabe. It has the control sticks and buttons of a regular controller, so just using a cheaper tablet wouldn't work. If the controller were a tablet, then I'm sure it would be selling even less than it is now, because I know I sure as hell wouldn't buy one if that's what the controller was. The simple truth is they counted on 3rd parties to pick up the slack at launch. And as everyone knows, Nintendo just can't do that. It happened here. It happened with the 3DS. And if it weren't for Wii Sports, I'm sure it would've happened with the Wii.
    Not only that, but the streaming technology within the pad probably wouldn't be in any/every tablet.

I agree, wait until the first real wave of Nintendo games start coming out. Then we'll see it's uses. I love playing the games on NintendoLand - i think it is called that. There is something special about 5 player couch gaming. That game with the ghost is nothing short of fantastic gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Nintendo should just stick to making software.
    I disagree. Nintendo is the only true gaming company - I don't want them to disappear. I don't think they will either. The system just doesn't have any of the proper games people want for it.

As soon as the HD Windwaker is released (assuming i have the cash spare) i'll be buying a Wii-U.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    I disagree. Nintendo is the only true gaming company - I don't want them to disappear. I don't think they will either. The system just doesn't have any of the proper games people want for it.

As soon as the HD Windwaker is released (assuming i have the cash spare) i'll be buying a Wii-U.
    What's a true gaming company?

11. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Forum Sage
    A company that is only in gaming.

Sony sell electronics such as TV's, Phones, sound systems and so on
    Microsoft sell obviously Windows, software, phones and now tablets.
    Nintendo sells game consoles and games.

That is what i mean when i say they are the only true gaming company left.

13. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Super Elite

They could have packed in a giant circle pad pro that clips onto tablets! Are you telling me that Nintendo is so in innovative that they couldn't come up with anything?

On asymmetric, I think the fact that it focuses on asymmetric multiplayer is a mistake.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    They could have packed in a giant circle pad pro that clips onto tablets! Are you telling me that Nintendo is so in innovative that they couldn't come up with anything?

On asymmetric, I think the fact that it focuses on asymmetric multiplayer is a mistake.
    Yeah that I can agree with. As much as I think there are many possibilities with the Gamepad, it does screw up the multiplayer

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Throw in a bottle of maple syrup and deal!

Overused Canadian jokes aside, the deal doesn't look very appealing. They should take notes from, Sony on how they sell their own bundles (Oh wait..)

Super Elite

Yeah that I can agree with. As much as I think there are many possibilities with the Gamepad, it does screw up the multiplayer
    I'm trying to figure out how the hell you're going to do offline Mario Kart multiplayer when only one guy has the gamepad. I bet these problems are the reasons that they had to delay all the games.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    I hope mariokart uses just Pro Controllers and makes the game pad option lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I hope mariokart uses just Pro Controllers and makes the game pad option lol
    Who knows what they'll do, I guess we'll find out (eventually). The gamepad almost makes the Wii U seem like a console meant for only single player games.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    To me the Wii u has had it's time in the sun and needs to disappear, unless they pull out some awesome games

the ZELDA U game is still a year away and that is a problem... I wonder what they will do until then, and what if even this ZELDA U game does not save the console

Then i see them either making a new console or just weathering the storm from the PS4 and XBOX720

Last edited by claud3; 03-18-2013 at 01:05.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Getting all these people that bought a Wii to get the WiiU is a tough one. Convincing casuals to replace a perfectly working electronic device? Good luck to that.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    I'm trying to figure out how the hell you're going to do offline Mario Kart multiplayer when only one guy has the gamepad. I bet these problems are the reasons that they had to delay all the games.
    I'm guessing they'll have it compatible with the Pro Controller and/or Wiimotes. Just like New Super Mario Bros. U, the Gamepad will be for single player. It'd also be pretty cool to have track creation with it.
    Last edited by RaY_210; 03-18-2013 at 14:18.

Super Elite

I'm guessing they'll have it compatible with the Pro Controller and/or Wiimotes. Just like New Super Mario Bros. U, the Gamepad will be for single player. It'd also be pretty cool to have track creation with it.
    You're probably right but can't you see a problem with this? They're pushing this thing as being the next big Nintendo console and it's got to have this great gamepad. Then they put out a bunch of games that don't use it. Why didn't they just make a Wii 2?

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    Getting all these people that bought a Wii to get the WiiU is a tough one. Convincing casuals to replace a perfectly working electronic device? Good luck to that.
    That fact that there will never be any new games for it should be a good enough reason

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    That fact that there will never be any new games for it should be a good enough reason
    Most people typically described as "casuals" don't really buy a lot of games and are probably happy with the few that they already have. I know people that have an old SDTV from the 80's and refuse to replace it until it dies/breaks. The difference in electricity cost between that 20 inch TV and a huge 55" modern LED is probably enough to cover a lot of the cost after a few years alone!

I really hope monster hunter and there other big name franchises help them out because if they don't they are screwed big time. I want another baten kaitos dangit! I'm actually kinda getting tired of Mario games.

Sent from my HTC-PG762 using Tapatalk 2

Super Elite

400k Eii U's sold worldwide last quarter. As I previously said,, they don't get it.

Thread Information