Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Is it sad I only want a Wii U so I can download and play Earthbound when the time comes? I still own my SNES with a copy of Earthbound (which I play every year from beginning until end). I would much rather utilize a Wii U for this and save the wear and tear on my old SNES and Earthbound cartridge, as in my opinion this is the greatest game of all time! I am sad......

8 years and counting!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    How do you define a steady stream of first party games? How many?

Edit: I'm thinking you may consider fewer games a "steady stream" than I do.
    I'd say a new game every 1 - 1 1/2 months for 6-8 months or so.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Master Guru
    Old thread but i'll just say this.

Nintendo does get it. That's why they're still in business and Sega isn't. That's why they won last gen. That's why they'll make profits this gen on the Wii U no matter what place they finish in. If anyone gets it, it's Nintendo.

4. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    Old thread but i'll just say this.

Nintendo does get it. That's why they're still in business and Sega isn't. That's why they won last gen. That's why they'll make profits this gen on the Wii U no matter what place they finish in. If anyone gets it, it's Nintendo.
    "Last Gen" is still going on, saying they won is premature not that it really matters and the OP is talking about the newest gen, not the other ones. Sega had early success in other gens and just didn't get it their last gen.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Nintendo is losing money off the Wii U so I'd bet they're in the red right now on the Wii U overall. They have massive profits from last gen so even if i does end up selling as bad as the DC they won't leave the hardware business, Sega had both the Saturn and DC that flopped with no profits coming from anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Nintendo is losing money off the Wii U so I'd bet they're in the red right now on the Wii U overall. They have massive profits from last gen so even if i does end up selling as bad as the DC they won't leave the hardware business, Sega had both the Saturn and DC that flopped with no profits coming from anywhere.
    Nintendo is losing money on the hardware alone on the deluxe model but with a game and the console sold together like Wii U console and New Super Mario U they make a small profit pretty much breaking even. So they aren't losing money however they are not making money as well with the Wii U.

Sega had tremendous success with the Genesis and all the games they released. However their woes started with the Sega CD, then the 32x then they told their fans in a few months Saturn is coming out so by releasing all those ad ons and not supporting them they pissed off a lot of major 3rd party companies also the SURPRISE launch of the saturn 6 months early and not advising anyone that was working on games for it didn't help their case. So by the time Dreamcast released and sold what 600k in the first week or two things where looking good but by that time Sega was BLEEDING money and Playstation 2 was looming so it was game over for Sega.

Nintendo isn't in a Dire situation like sega while Wii U is sluggish 3ds is moving hardware and has a lot of great content as well.

Nintendo knows it needs to do something for the Wii U and everyone is saying wait till E3 I sure as hell hope they have something HUGE for Wii U if not this system will be another gamecube.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    So I've heard that the Pro controller in this bundle doesn't work for either game included in the bundle. It's the same problems as the last generation. And Nintendo will never fix it because people will be milked anyways.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    So I've heard that the Pro controller in this bundle doesn't work for either game included in the bundle. It's the same problems as the last generation. And Nintendo will never fix it because people will be milked anyways.
    That is Tru! However the pro controller is extremely comfortable I used it over 25 hours with NFS MW loved it great battery life as well

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Man I've seen the WiiU around here for 150. I think that was the basic though, but that seems like an absolute steal. With that 3d mario due out later this year as well as monster hunter, and then smash later down the line. The console seems way much more appealing at that price

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    I'm sure there will be a price drop this holiday season in time for when the new consoles release. The simple fact is, they rushed the system out. As it is, it's still a highly enjoyable system and I don't regret it. But it's really obvious that they released it 6 months to a year too soon. But they'll be fine.

Super Elite

Nintendoomed no more. Nothing else need be said.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Nintendoomed no more. Nothing else need be said.
    I take it you didn't enjoy the MS conference?

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    I take it you didn't enjoy the MS conference?
    The conference was not exciting but its everything that came out afterwards that's the deal breaker.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    The conference was not exciting but its everything that came out afterwards that's the deal breaker.
    Oh believe me. I know. They've got some boneheaded decisions in that console.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    MS sold a couple Million Wii U's yesterday

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    MS sold a couple Million Wii U's yesterday
    Pretty much. I don't think "Xbox Won" afterall.

Thread Information