Hybrid View

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Sony And Microsoft’s Next Generation Racers Leaked

Sony And Microsoft’s Next Generation Racers Leaked

There’s been a ton of info thrown around about Sony and Microsoft’s next gen consoles. Nothing is concrete and it’s all speculation. We won’t know anything official until Sony’s event on February 20th and Microsoft’s inevitable unveiling at E3. I received some inside info last week and took the time to do some more digging. This info I’m about to give you could change at any time so take it with a grain of salt until February 20th.

Everyone should know by now that the elite team of Bizarre developers was split up after being closed by Activision. Ged Talbot, beastly lead designer of Blur and several PGR games, along with a few other ex-Bizarre members have been scooped up by Evolution Studios. If you’ve put 2 and 2 together you can guess that Ged is now a member of the same team that brought you the Motorstrom series. Wait, it gets deeper. Several members of Studio Liverpool have also joined the team and they are working on a new next gen racer for Sony’s Playstation

4. The game is supposed to be similar in style to PGR. They wanted to make it part of the Gran Turismo series a la Forza Horizon, but Japan nipped that in the bud. Evolution Studios is now composed of some of the best racing developers in the industry with Ged Talbot at the helm. If you played any of their games, especially Blur, you know these guys put in work. Internally they are calling it Europe’s biggest racing game in a decade.

The next exciting bit I found out about this new mystery racing game is that it will be shown on February 20th at Sony’s Playstation event, along with another next gen shocker from Guerrilla Games.

So what’s going on in Microsoft’s camp? Apparently, ex-Bizarre and Criterion developers are working on a next generation PGR5 game for the next Xbox. As you already may know, the ex-Bizarre developers formed Lucid games and are located in Liverpool. They are taking the existing PGR code base and upgrading it for the next generation Xbox.

Here’s where it gets even more interesting. My source tells me that both Sony and Microsoft are aiming to have these exclusive racing games ready for launch. We will have more information posted tonight, so stay frosty!
    http://www.stfuandplay.com/story/con...d#.URHgVx1EEgQ

So the word is two racing games
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Check out the instgram stream ont he right of page after clicking the link

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Check out the instgram stream ont he right of page after clicking the link
    wtf?

I dont know why that developing team gets so much credits for Blur, the game was awful. Also why make another racing simulation genre if there is already gran turismo? Why not make something similar to nfs?

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    wtf?

I dont know why that developing team gets so much credits for Blur, the game was awful. Also why make another racing simulation genre if there is already gran turismo? Why not make something similar to nfs?
    blur was something different and awesome and far from another boring simulation

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    wtf?

You take that back!

Anyways, I'm actually syced! Sounds like a star studded team to me. Didn't we run out of racing games this gen I don't remember anything after unbonded.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Evolution making a next gen racer for PS4? Just take my money. Sold.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Evolution making a next gen racer for PS4? Just take my money. Sold.
    Bet your ass! Hope they pull out another launch title for PS4. Somehow I also feel we will see a Ridge Racer at launch.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Wow I didn't know Evolution has some ex-Bizarre/pgr/blur guys, notably Ged Talbot O_O
    I know Sony rearranged so that Studio Liverpool's most prized employees found a new home there.

So it's now a studio with PGR, WipEout and Motostorm experience. $#@!. I wonder what they're working on !! *EXCITE*

Also, I'm not surprised Kaz didn't agree to this 'new' evolution studios piggy banking off the prestigious Gran Turismo name. It's his baby. Lol

Ultimate Veteran
    what would be a console launch with out at least one raceing game lol. cant waite to see this game for the ps4

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    solid1snake67
    isnt gran turismo 6 for ps4 why would i rather play another racing game lol . i wanna see action and shooter games, racing gets old fast

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    MotorStorm as a PS4 launch would make me much more tempted to get it within a year, when I got my PS3 MotorStorm, not Resistance, was all I was pretty much playing, I did play Resistance though, and Oblivion, those were my first games. Wow 6 years already?

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Thread Information