Latest PSU headlines:

PSU U.K. Executive Editor and Podcast Host
    Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Dead Space - tell us your scariest moments from the series so far!

Hey guys,

So, with Dead Space 3 out in the U.S. and launching in Europe this Friday, I figured it would be good to talk about the past games, specifically what parts that had you reaching for a fresh pair of underwear -- if you catch my drift

We've done a short feature on five of the scariest moments from the series so far, encompassing Dead Space 1 and 2. Here's a little taster below, and if you're interested, hit up the full article via the link below.

Visceral Games is often credited for single-handily reinvigorating the Survival Horror genre with the release of its 2008 sci-fi horror title Dead Space. With an equally successful sequel arriving three years later, the EA-published franchise has established itself as one of the most important horror series this generation, and for good reason: it’s had gamers cowering behind the sofa for nearly five years now.

Whether it’s the inescapable tension that sets in while creeping around the Ishimura or the immediate terror that kicks in as you face a swam of Necromorphs on The Sprawl, Dead Space pulls more than enough punches when it comes to scares. And, with the launch of the hotly-anticipated Dead Space 3 due this week, PSU.com felt compelled to compile a list of what we feel are the series’ most pant-wetting moments to have graced our screens.

Join us now as we take a gander at Dead Space’s scariest moments.

- - - - - - -

The Beginning (Dead Space)

Dead Space sets the tone perfectly from the outset, creating a stomach-knotting atmosphere that would have Resident Evil quaking in its boots. Here, we see protagonist Isaac Clarke – possibly the world’s unluckiest space engineer – boarding the Ishimura after contact with the ship is lost. After examining the main entrance with his colleagues, Isaac and co. realize something is horribly wrong. Luggage is strewn about the place, blood decorates the walls yet there’s not a soul in sight. Then, in classic horror fashion, all the lights go out, and before you know it you’re running for your life down a narrow corridor, blood-thirsty necromorphs hot on your tail. Separated from his colleagues, Clarke narrowly makes it on board an elevator into the depths of the Ishimura…
    http://www.psu.com/a018219/Dead-Spac...riest-moments-

So guys and gals, have at it? What are your scariest moments from Dead Space? Don't forget to include Dead Space 3 for those of you who have it already -- i'd personally like to know the game is actually scary from what i've read.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I'm still waiting for my copy of Dead Space 3 to turn up, can't wait to play it. I think my scariest Dead Space moment was from the first game but I can't find a video for it :/

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    None, lololol. I enjoy the games, but they're far too action-oriented to be scary.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Elite Member
    Getting several chapters away from your last save in hardcore mode and worrying that you'll die and have to start all over.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Pretty much all of DS1. That game had my nerves on end like playing RE1 all over again as a kid. DS2 didn't really do much in the "scare" department. Sadly I can already see that 3 looks like it might have lost a bit more of that.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    All of DS2 (it was more tension less fear, but I jumped once or twice)
    Never played the original, will play it soon

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    All of DS2 (it was more tension less fear, but I jumped once or twice)
    Never played the original, will play it soon
    If you thought 2 was tense you might just go into convulsions with DS1. That game had me on the edge of my seat.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Absolutely the beginning of Dead Space 1 where the creature is chasing you and you enter the elevator. Doors open and its right in your face!!!!!!!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    You damn right! Made me feel like a little kid staying up late watching a horror movie.

Master Guru
    I jumped a few times during the first Dead Space game. Don't know what parts exactly but i just remember lound bangs with enemies popping out of nowhere.

I need to play that game again, it's been like 4 years since i've touched it.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I'm still waiting for my copy of Dead Space 3 to turn up, can't wait to play it. I think my scariest Dead Space moment was from the first game but I can't find a video for it :/
    Yeah, me too. My scariest moment in Dead Space was in 1.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Dedicated Member
    The part in the first game when you revisit areas but now there are dead people everywhere, candles, and creepy writing along with some very soft whispering and perhaps singing freaked me out a bit.

Also while on the Ishimura in Dead Space 2 there was a part where I literally ran out of ammo and had to go into room where necromorphs were going to attack. I died multiple times and the difficulty made it scary. Also before entering the room I looked into a vent and saw one of those damn demon children.

I love the games, but I may wait for a bit before getting Dead Space 3. I'm not too phased by some of the less positive reviews, but I have a lot on my plate right now with school and games I want to finish (I bought a ton of games during all the black friday sales and haven't had time to play them).

Scariest moment was going back to the Ishimura in Dead Space 2... 1 was so much scarier so going back to it again in 2 made me s**t myself... almost

Thread Information