Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
Results 26 to 48 of 48
  1. #26
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,533
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,555 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    But the US isnt their entire audience.
    I know but look at the numbers. Their US lead is huge compared to sony's lead in Europe and japan. I really think it's because the console appeals to a larger variety of people, especially here in the US. I think a single person will buy either xbox360 or ps3(or both) for their needs, but a family with kids may go for the xbox360 instead because it has more games and other things like kinect geared for family. Back in the day consoles didn't have that family appeal that they do now and they are really evolving to more than just hobbies for single people. This is where I think MS does a better job and one of the reasons I think it has maintained it's lead.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 02-08-2013 at 00:51.

  2. #27
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    6,603 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I do. I think MS does a better job covering all areas and I think it's a big reason why their lead is so big in the US.
    care to give examples? in terms of variety and more hardcore exclusives sony does a better job.

    its not to the degree that many love to rant and rave about, but the options are there.

    MS have narrowed their core offering over the years. its irrefutable. sony hasn't. i still think MS have some great titles, but they've pissed me off a few times.

    if this post requires some balance i spend alot of time ****ing fuming about the psn store, the terrible design of the analog sticks and the playstations ****ing refusal to do as its told (yes i'd like to turn you off now, don't ****ing beep at me.)

    while people can have opinions, somethings are just beyond "opinion". there are almost truisms in the console world, and one is that MS has lost its way slightly with the core, having spent the beginning of the gen investing in new games and ips, and providing a great volume of titles.

    and you're talking to a guy that most round here seem to think is an MS fanboy.
    Last edited by J3ff3; 02-08-2013 at 01:40.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  3. #28
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,533
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,555 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    care to give examples? in terms of variety and more hardcore exclusives sony does a better job.

    its not to the degree that many love to rant and rave about, but the options are there.

    MS have narrowed their core offering over the years. its irrefutable. sony hasn't. i still think MS have some great titles, but they've pissed me off a few times.

    if this post requires some balance i spend alot of time ****ing fuming about the psn store, the terrible design of the analog sticks and the playstations ****ing refusal to do as its told (yes i'd like to turn you off now, don't ****ing beep at me.)

    while people can have opinions, somethings are just beyond "opinion". there are almost truisms in the console world, and one is that MS has lost its way slightly with the core, having spent the beginning of the gen investing in new games and ips, and providing a great volume of titles.

    and you're talking to a guy that most round here seem to think is an MS fanboy.
    Ok now you are going on about something I never mentioned. I never said who has the most games or exclusives. My point was that MS does a better job in catering to their audience. Their WHOLE audience. Not just the core titles.

    Just look the support for Kinect and thing like the contract with Disney.. And look at the games they have geared towards younger audiences.
    Now go and look at the original titles for PS move and you can see a lack of support there.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 02-08-2013 at 01:52.

  4. #29
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    6,603 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    examples

    you said MS do a better job of covering ALL areas. you also said 'they know their audience', and provide better than sony.

    where as in reality MS has slightly pissed off the core to cater to the casual.

    i wouldn't claim that's being better in 'all' areas, or 'knowing your audience'.

    quite the opposite in fact. they've chased a different audience. if they knew their audience and were better in all areas, they wouldn't have the stigma attached to them going into this gen that they do. they've just traded one focus (new ips, new core offereings) for another (casual, kinect based games) whilst maintaining a core of popular offerings.

    now i still love halo and forza, but gears bores me. what really are my options year on year? sony doesn't really provide me with much more at all, i think uncharted is ****ing boring, with pretty poor controls that (at least in the first game) smacked of gears controls, killzone - its ok, i liked it for a bit - the list goes on.

    but the point is sony can't be accussed of not trying hard enough. far from it. there's always something for people to be genuinely excited for. you throw enough mud, some sticks. for me its GoW. and i'm sure i would've like killzone a **** load more if it were for the **** analog sticks
    Last edited by J3ff3; 02-08-2013 at 01:55.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  5. #30
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,533
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,555 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    examples

    you said MS do a better job of covering ALL areas. you also said 'they know their audience', and provide better than sony.

    where as in reality MS has slightly pissed off the core to cater to the casual.

    i wouldn't claim that's being better in 'all' areas, or 'knowing your audience'.

    quite the opposite in fact. they've chased a different audience. if they knew their audience and were better in all areas, they wouldn't have the stigma attached to them going into this gen that they do. they've just traded one focus (new ips, new core offereings) for another (casual, kinect based games) whilst maintaining a core of popular offerings.

    now i still love halo and forza, but gears bores me. what really are my options year on year? sony doesn't really provide me with much more at all, i think uncharted is ****ing boring, with pretty poor controls that (at least in the first game) smacked of gears controls, killzone - its ok, i liked it for a bit - the list goes on.

    but the point is sony can't be accussed of not trying hard enough. far from it. there's always something for people to be genuinely excited for.
    You are totally missing the whole point here. Its not about who has what. Both MS and sony have core and a casual audience but MS does a better job catering to their entire audience. Sony has leaned more toward core while MS has sort of split it down the middle. Their console has more of a casual and core edge to it than PS3 because the way they have market it.

  6. #31
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    6,603 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    but you said 'MS knows its audience', something that it does better than sony.

    i said that's not true. MS *changed* its audience. if it had known its audience, it would've known it didn't want the number of yearly exclusives to decline to just a handful of yearly core offerings. MS' audience were happy with the volume of new offerings being made by MGS every year in the first few years. MS then changed, *despite* its audience.

    and all you've done above is claim that by catering to the casuals MS has covered the market better than sony. i've disagreed, because to cater to one, admittedly larger, market, they've come close to abandoning another. the core.

    sony have done better because they've spread themselves better. they've not given the impression of focusing on one target audience. you can claim that one has had more success than the other in either area, but thats not the point. sony can't be accused of neglecting anyone. MS fans do have reason to be *a little* disappointed.
    Last edited by J3ff3; 02-08-2013 at 02:24.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  7. #32
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,533
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,555 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    but you said 'MS knows its audience', something that it does better than sony.

    i said that's not true. MS *changed* its audience. if it had known its audience, it would've known it didn't want the number of yearly exclusives to decline to just a handful of yearly core offerings. MS' audience were happy with the volume of new offerings being made by MGS every year in the first few years. MS then changed, *despite* its audience.

    and all you've done above is claim that by catering to the casuals MS has covered the market better than sony. i've disagreed, because to cater to one, admittedly larger, market, they've come close to abandoning another. the core.

    sony have done better because they've spread themselves better. they've not given the impression of focusing on one target audience. you can claim that one has had more success than the other in either area, but thats not the point. sony can't be accused of neglecting anyone. MS fans do have reason to be *a little* disappointed.
    You are totally twisting this whole thing. You are taking something I said in which I clearly stated was just "my feeling" and turning it into a topic about something totally different. This is not just about exclusive games or abandoning the core. I never said anything about them covering the market better. I simply stated:

    Originally Posted by Sub-stance1
    I think MS will come come with a balanced approach when it come to new IPs. They will have something for both audiences. I don't know what the plan is for Kinect but if the thing is as accurate and improved as the rumors suggest it could be a game changer, along with Illumiroom and a improved upgraded xbox live. MS knows it's audience and this is something I feel they do a much better job at than sony does.
    Sony does have the 1st party stuff covered very well but they don't cater to a wider variety of gamers as MS does. Not types of games but different types of gamers themselves. I think MS does a better job at covering all aspects of their console.

  8. #33
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,984
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    9,744 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Actually they have 4 brand new IPs they are working on.

    http://www.shacknews.com/article/776...-microsoft-ips
    all kinect titles




  9. #34
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,533
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,555 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    all kinect titles
    i doubt it.

  10. #35
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,984
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    9,744 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    i doubt it.
    I wouldn't put it past them...




  11. #36
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,752
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    155,423 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I wouldn't put it past them...
    I wouldn't either.

  12. #37
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,533
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,555 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I wouldn't put it past them...
    it's not that big of a deal. I don't think you should worry about it.

  13. #38
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,984
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    9,744 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    it's not that big of a deal. I don't think you should worry about it.
    Speak only for yourself.




  14. #39
    Flaw3d Genius
    Guest
    Some of the comments in here are truly atrocious, Why would they be all new ip's Kinect titles? This gen was not all Kinect titles...What evidence is out there to suggest it will be nxt-gen? F**k all... Enough with the daft fanboy comments already.

  15. #40
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Awesome Microsoft keeps bringing out the core and exclusive titles rock on

    Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

  16. #41
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,984
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    9,744 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Some of the comments in here are truly atrocious, Why would they be all new ip's Kinect titles? This gen was not all Kinect titles...What evidence is out there to suggest it will be nxt-gen? F**k all... Enough with the daft fanboy comments already.
    What evidence do you have to state otherwise? Ok then. Let us speculate in peace.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 02-08-2013 at 14:40.




  17. #42
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,533
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,555 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Speak only for yourself.
    Only you seem to worried or hoping. Life goes on with or without a few Kinect/nonkinect titles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Awesome Microsoft keeps bringing out the core and exclusive titles rock on

    Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
    Keep bringing the goods and it's all good.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 02-08-2013 at 14:27.

  18. #43
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,984
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    9,744 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Only you seem to worried or hoping. Life goes on with or without a few Kinect/nonkinect titles.
    There's no need for me to worry in the manner that you are suggesting. Gaming isn't my life and the 720 is my 2nd option based off MS history of handling games.

    They turned rare into a kinect developing studio. I'm just leaning more towards them opening up another kinect focused studio. They'll just have to prove me wrong because the last 3 years have been kinect kinect kinect outside of the famous 4; 3 which were titles from the first xbox.

    Edit: why are you handing me an empty bottle, pill popper?
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 02-08-2013 at 15:19.




  19. #44
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,533
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,555 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    There's no need for me to worry in the manner that you are suggesting. Gaming isn't my life and the 720 is my 2nd option based off MS history of handling games.

    They turned rare into a kinect developing studio. I'm just leaning more towards them opening up another kinect focused studio. They'll just have to prove me wrong because the last 3 years have been kinect kinect kinect outside of the famous 4; 3 which were titles from the first xbox.
    It's not that serious:

    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 02-08-2013 at 15:16.

  20. #45
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,675
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Sub-stance at it again .

  21. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
  22. #46
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,533
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,555 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Sub-stance at it again .
    yep, just like someone else.

  23. #47
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,752
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    155,423 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Some of the comments in here are truly atrocious, Why would they be all new ip's Kinect titles? This gen was not all Kinect titles...What evidence is out there to suggest it will be nxt-gen? F**k all... Enough with the daft fanboy comments already.
    You cant blame people for being cynical given MS shift in focus over the last couple of years or so. Theres good reason for the stigma attatched to the Xbox brand right now.

  24. #48
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Agreed. Love all the core titles. Breaking my bank!

    Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.