Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

PGR Rumored to be a launch title for next xbox.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/author/lee-bradley/
    The next-gen rumour machine rumbles on. This time word on the street is that Project Gotham Racing 5 is being lined up as an Xbox 720 launch title.

The PGR series has been dormant since the well-received fourth instalment in 2007. Its developer, Bizarre Creations, was closed in 2011.

Project Gotham Racing 5 is being developed by Lucid Games, a studio formed of ex-Bizarre Creations and Criterion staff, say the rumours.

As ever, these rumours should be treated with a grain of salt. They come from*STFUandPlay,*a relatively unknown site that we wouldn't have touched had it not been for confirmation by respected Polygon writer Arthur Gies.

Hold fire for an official announcement.

And in the meantime, what do we think? Are you excited by the prospect of PGR’s return? Let us know.

[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by The Sith; 02-06-2013 at 22:25.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This is one rumor that I hope turns out to be true.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    The combination of ex-Bizarre Creations guys being scooped up by Evolution Studios plus the game being built off existing PGR code rather than a brand new next gen engine has me not as excited about this PGR as I would've been otherwise. I'm more excited about what Evolution Studios has got coming for PS4. http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...-Racers-Leaked

Supreme Veteran

this was coming i guess and MS thought it would make sense to launch this on the XBOX 720

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yeah it seems like MS just keeps doing the same thing. Instead of new ips we're hearing about Halo 5 and PGR 5. PGR is a good series but it seems to be a launch title for every Xbox. You would think for a new console launch that MS would bring out something new and fresh like Sony does but instead it seems like theyre sticking to the same old playbook.

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yeah it seems like MS just keeps doing the same thing. Instead of new ips we're hearing about Halo 5 and PGR 5. PGR is a good series but it seems to be a launch title for every Xbox. You would think for a new console launch that MS would bring out something new and fresh like Sony does but instead it seems like theyre sticking to the same old playbook.
    Well projepct Destiny is a new iP from Bungie and will be a launch title......as for doing the same old stuff over and Over Sony has Uncharted 4 Killzone 4 and Gt 6 all possible launch titles.
    MS also has a new studio name Black Tusk which will havea brand new IP.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Well projepct Destiny is a new iP from Bungie and will be a launch title......as for doing the same old stuff over and Over Sony has Uncharted 4 Killzone 4 and Gt 6 all possible launch titles.
    Lol this is all speculation for the sake of it?

It is well known that Guerilla are working on something besides KZ4, we have no idea what ND are doing and if we were to base it off past platforms they start new IPs on new home consoles (though many would not mind UC4).

What's the problem with the next Gran Turismo? Trust me, there is no franchise fatigue there for that audience - that is THE one ip that should not be dropped

You bang on in other threads about BS rumours and stuff that has yet to be confirmed yet when it suits you you pull out things like the above. Let's just wait and see

Flaw3d Genius
    Yeah it seems like MS just keeps doing the same thing. Instead of new ips we're hearing about Halo 5 and PGR 5.
    That's more than fine by me! Love Halo but especially loved PGR. We got Forza Horizon...how many new IP racing games do we need from MS?

Master Guru
    @nitey back at ya you do the same thing you're no better. As for my comment to Rad its just an example of his statement.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I don't do the same o_O. If I did I wouldn't point out the fact that you do.

Forum Sage
    Actually they have 4 brand new IPs they are working on.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/776...-microsoft-ips

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    That's more than fine by me! Love Halo but especially loved PGR. We got Forza Horizon...how many new IP racing games do we need from MS?
    I was referring to new ips period. I didnt say anything about making new racing ips.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Well projepct Destiny is a new iP from Bungie and will be a launch title......as for doing the same old stuff over and Over Sony has Uncharted 4 Killzone 4 and Gt 6 all possible launch titles. MS also has a new studio name Black Tusk which will havea brand new IP.
    Well when was the last time MS made a new IP? Sony is still making new IPs even at the end of this generation. And we dont know what GG is working other than one is a new IP. And we also dont know what ND is working on. As for Black Tusk who knows if those titles are Kinect games or not. I seriously doubt those 4 IPs that Substance mentioned are going to all be high budget core titles. If Kinect is included with every 720 then you can be sure thats where their focus is going to be.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-07-2013 at 17:52.

Forum Sage
    Well when was the last time MS made a new IP? Sony is still making new IPs even at the end of this generation. And we dont know what GG is working other than one is a new IP. And we also dont know what ND is working on. As for Black Tusk who knows if those titles are Kinect games or not. I seriously doubt those 4 IPs that Substance mentioned are going to all be high budget core titles. If Kinect is included with every 720 then you can be sure thats where their focus is going to be.
    I highly doubt that all 4 will be Kinect only titles. One is rumored to be on the scale of the Halo series. After researching i found that they have more studios than I thought. It's possible that 343 could be working on something too being that they are a 2 team studio. I think they just basically saved all the new stuff for xbox720. My guess is that they will have quite a few surprises for the console launch and that includes arcade titles too.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 02-07-2013 at 18:10.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I highly doubt that all 4 will be Kinect only titles. One is rumored to be on the scale of the Halo series. After researching i found that they have more studios than I thought. It's possible that 343 could be working on something too being that they are a 2 team studio. I think they just basically saved all the new stuff for xbox720. I think they will have quite a few surprises for the console launch and that includes arcade titles too.
    Time will tell but if Kinect is included with every 720 then I think their main focus will be on that with maybe a couple of obligatory new core titles. But those IPs better sell big or MS will just drop them like a bad habit.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    don't get me wrong, i think the recent halo and forza have been ****ing great titles. much better than both the latest killzone and GT5. i have each of them.

but MS has something to prove with regards IPs.

sony does not.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

Forum Sage
    Time will tell but if Kinect is included with every 720 then I think their main focus will be on that with maybe a couple of obligatory new core titles. But those IPs better sell big or MS will just drop them like a bad habit.
    I think MS will come come with a balanced approach when it come to new IPs. They will have something for both audiences. I don't know what the plan is for Kinect but if the thing is as accurate and improved as the rumors suggest it could be a game changer, along with Illumiroom and a improved upgraded xbox live. MS knows it's audience and this is something I feel they do a much better job at than sony does.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 02-07-2013 at 18:40.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    don't get me wrong, i think the recent halo and forza have been ****ing great titles. but MS has something to prove with regards IPs. sony does not.
    This.^ MS will need to prove themselves to me this time around.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    I think MS will come come with a balanced approach when it come to new IPs. They will have something for both audiences. I don't know what the plan is for Kinect but if the thing is as accurate and improved as the rumors suggest it could be a game changer, along with Illumiroom and a improved upgraded xbox live. MS knows it's audience and this is something I feel they do a much better job at than sony does.
    i don't think this is true at all in all fairness.

you only have to look at the reputation MS has got towards the end of this gen, and the scepticism that it has led to going into this new gen, to know that MS really hasn't quite got the balancing act quite right.

you can't really fault sony's focus on any of its markets, just its marketing.

sony really hasn't alienated any group, MS, it can be argued, is getting very close to doing so.

Forum Elder
    don't get me wrong, i think the recent halo and forza have been ****ing great titles. much better than both the latest killzone and GT5. i have each of them.

but MS has something to prove with regards IPs.

sony does not.
    i can only but hope that MS don't follow Sony by offering new IP that i don't want. there is not a lot of use in making new IP that very few want.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    you'll never know until its made. it could be fantastic.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    i don't think this is true at all in all fairness. you only have to look at the reputation MS has got towards the end of this gen, and the scepticism that it has led to going into this new gen, to know that MS really hasn't quite got the balancing act quite right. you can't really fault sony's focus on any of its markets, just its marketing. sony really hasn't alienated any group, MS, it can be argued, is getting very close to doing so.
    Yep definitely. MS shift in focus has definitely pushed me away. And after the recycling of the same 3 main IPs I honestly dont care if I never play another Halo or Gears again. Theyre good IPs but I'm just really burnt out on them.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    halo's had enough to keep it fresh imo. gears has not for me. i was disappointed with both 2 and 3. i'm not even going to bother from now on.

Forum Sage
    i don't think this is true at all in all fairness.

you only have to look at the reputation MS has got towards the end of this gen, and the scepticism that it has led to going into this new gen, to know that MS really hasn't quite got the balancing act quite right.

you can't really fault sony's focus on any of its markets, just its marketing.

sony really hasn't alienated any group, MS, it can be argued, is getting very close to doing so.
    I do. I think MS does a better job covering all areas and I think it's a big reason why their lead is so big in the US.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I do. I think MS does a better job covering all areas and I think it's a big reason why their lead is so big in the US.
    But the US isnt their entire audience.

Thread Information