View Poll Results: Do Sony and handhelds mix?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 10.00%
  • Sony just needs to approach handhelds from another angle

9 30.00%
  • No

18 60.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Selected Members Council
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Going by what you said, every 3ds game can be ported over to the wii u ( minus 3d), ps3 can play xbox exclusives a few changes ( vice versa maybe) EVERY console exclusive can be played on the PC even if pported...

Silly thing to say.
    End of the day, ps3 does not have these titles.
    My mistaken, then.

I know the 3DS has inferior graphics, only one single analog stick and the optional 3D effect isn't the best but as long as it has exclusives that interest you then who cares? I'd say the same thing with the PS Vita.

I like them both but does it boggle anyone else's mind that the highest-rated PS Vita title is an enhanced port of a PS2 title from 2008? It'd be like if the PS3's highest-rated title was the Metal Gear Solid HD collection.

Look, the PS Vita is not free from criticism. It's not doing so hot in terms of sales and one of the reasons why is because it can't compete price-wise.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-07-2013 at 21:05.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I always think it's more to do with the lack of games than the price, people have money for entertainment and $250 is not that much.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation
    Can I just say the 3ds is $#@!...unless you turn the 3d off...then it's just a ds

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    DUST 514 name: swillw /Corporation PSU Ghost Syndicate

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    AshSteHol
    Items User name style
    No, should they hell.

I know quite a few people with a DS and none of them ever touch it. I, on the other hand, had a PSP and played the death out of it. I even wore it out and needed to get a replacement one. I had another friend who did the same. The PSP had a bit of shovelware but nowhere near the amount the DS had and the PSP had quite a few very good games as well. Both GTA games were very good, the GOW games as well. Whereas the DS has a few Mario games that are always the same and a few other remakes. The Pokémon games are nowhere near as good as they used to be. What are there now, like 700 Pokémon? The only game that interests me on the DS is Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and that's only because they are remakes of older games.

The PS Vita is a shining example of how great a handheld console can be. The only thing holding it back is the high price (even though it is nowhere near as much as some people pay for phones/tablets). Just have a look at some of the games on the Vita. Uncharted, Gravity Rush etc, nothing on the 3DS comes close to it.
    KING OF POP
    1958 - 2009

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I dislike handhelds, but what the Vita needs is interesting games. Nothing, for me, really screams "buy me" and the fact memory cards are so absurdly prices doesnt help. Hell I bought a PSP for Crisis Core, so my dislike of handhelds doesnt really stop me lol

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Even though I never owned a PSP and probably won't own a Vita, I'm just going to say no for the simple fact of competition. If Sony gave up on portables, yes tablets/phones would still be out there as competition, but everyone knows they aren't $#@! compared to dedicated portable consoles. As much as I love Nintendo, I don't think allowing them a monopoly in the handheld department would be the best thing for the industry.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Oh no please... I hate anything "Monopoly".

Master Poster
    No...while I do think Nintendo has a stranglehold on the handheld market as long as Pokemon continues to thrive. Sony has done an admirable job competing with Nintendo and that alone should give them pause before bowing out of the handheld market.
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Thread Information