Latest PSU headlines:

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Next Xbox to feature 'greatly improved speech recognition', claims report

Microsoft's next-gen Xbox will carry a big focus on "greatly improved" speech recognition, according to the latest insider report from The Verge.
    Following on the heels of yesterday's huge Edge report, it's now claimed that the next Xbox will support wake on voice, natural language controls, and speech-to-text.Citing sources familiar with Microsoft's plans, The Verge claims that the improved capabilities mean Xbox users will be able to walk into a room and simply say "Xbox on" to wake up the new console.
    It's also suggested Microsoft is investigating scenarios where a Kinect sensor will detect individuals in a room and suggest appropriate multiplayer games after a user queries the Xbox using voice.
    Similar to Apple's Siri service, users will be able to ask questions such as, "what are my friends playing" to receive a friends list, it's claimed.
    Just last month a CVG report stated that Microsoft is to integrate Skype into the next Xbox, with asynchronous voice and video chat possible.
    In another next-gen Xbox report published today, former VP of Windows Sales Joachim Kempin told IGN that he strongly believes the new console will feature an interface reminiscent of Windows 8, possibly to the extent that a touch screen will also make an appearance.
    He said: "I think the other thing they will try, there's no doubt about it, is it's going to be more Windows 8-like; maybe it even gets a touchscreen, who knows?
    "Most of what's in there today really is Windows, right? I wouldn't be surprised if the next round of interface comes even closer to Windows 8 than it is today."
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...claims-report/
    Sounds good if true. I like using the voice stuff.

Soldier 95B
    Indeed. I like the sound of that.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Awesome if true! I wonder if it'll be the kinect sensor picking up the voices or if it'll be built into the system itself

If it's Kinect doing it all then you'd imagine they will pack that into launch skus. A cool feature to hype the console imo!

Master Guru
    I actually been talking about how far speech recognition has come & how good it can be in next gen consoles for the last week on neogaf & even made a video of how good Google Voice Search is right now.

I think Voice Recognition in Xbox 3 games will be pretty close to be natural.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This sounds like a great idea. Especially the voice to text. That feature is so nifty on any device.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Thread Information