Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Yeah but there's like NOTHING worthwhile to play on the system as far as I know. I checked out upcoming games and it seems like hardly anything for feb and march and I'd bet a ton of WiiU owners were looking forward to this

I read the system only sold 34,000~ software units in the UK over the entire month of January. Less than Vita. $#@! is bombing hard and needs games big time. The whole tablet controller has absolutely no effect like the wii motion controls did.

A bit offtopic.

Anyway, still looking forward to it in September. They should have just released the WiiU one anyway imo
    Pretty much no new games in feb or march even april at the moment Nintendo is facking up I primarily use my Wii U for netflix but we'll get the 1st party titles I'm waiting eventually lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Pretty much no new games in feb or march even april at the moment Nintendo is facking up I primarily use my Wii U for netflix but we'll get the 1st party titles I'm waiting eventually lol
    It seems like Nintendo is riding it out for E3. Metroid 5, new The Legend of Zelda, Super Smash Bros. *cough* Star Fox, maybe *cough*...

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I just now counted the months, and this is an 8 month delay.... I know I will not buy this game new in September. Hopefully I will be too focused on the next Xbox and PS4's holiday release.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    They have a reason to be pissed.
    So did everyone waiting for FF13 when they went ahead and announced it had to be moved to a new engine just so they could release it on 360 which flopped anyway, and there were a lot more people waiting for that since it's obviously a much bigger franchise.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    So did everyone waiting for FF13 when they went ahead and announced it had to be moved to a new engine just so they could release it on 360 which flopped anyway, and there were a lot more people waiting for that since it's obviously a much bigger franchise.
    They're not messing with the Wii U version though. They might polish it, but that's it. It's near completion and the majority of the work the next 7 months are going towards the PS3/360. Th'at's a completely different situation
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I just now counted the months, and this is an 8 month delay.... I know I will not buy this game new in September. Hopefully I will be too focused on the next Xbox and PS4's holiday release.
    Yeah this is bound to happen as well.

This was, from ubisoft's pov, a 'business decision'. Porting to all consoles and simultaneous release, but you'd think for a game that's not GTA or CoD this will sell poorly with the next gen round the corner in September

You'd think WiiU owners that are in need of some new games would have eaten this up this month. Not like origins sold all that well on ps360. Silly $#@!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    It seems like Nintendo is riding it out for E3. Metroid 5, new The Legend of Zelda, Super Smash Bros. *cough* Star Fox, maybe *cough*...
    Yea that's doubtful smh.... Lol I've said this before Nintendo rushed this console into market and now its paying the price as well as early adapters.

Thankfully I have my PS3 to keep me distracted!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Yeah this is bound to happen as well.

This was, from ubisoft's pov, a 'business decision'. Porting to all consoles and simultaneous release, but you'd think for a game that's not GTA or CoD this will sell poorly with the next gen round the corner in September

You'd think WiiU owners that are in need of some new games would have eaten this up this month. Not like origins sold all that well on ps360. Silly $#@!
    Exactly. I wasn't going to pick up the game, so from a personal stand point, it doesn't affect me at all. But it's the fact of what and how they've done it (the delay, not the porting) that I am still upset about it. It's just so $#@!ing stupid. Wii U has no games now, and it's delaying to a time when GTA V is releasing, the next Sony/MS consoles are soon to be released (at least one of them anyways), and then Pikmin 3, possibly one or both of Windwaker HD, and Mario Kart U will be released as well. Publishers whine and complain that they can't compete with Nintendo's offerings (which they can't) but when a good opportunity presents itself to let a title sell, they completely screw up. My only guess is that they didn't have faith that the title would sell well as an exclusive, and so MS and/or Sony might've paid them off, so they've already regained some of what they were going to see as a loss in the Wii U.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    I was gonna get it cause my gf loves rayman

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I never said they had no right to be pissed either lol. Delays suck, delays caused by companies in which you do not even own their console, well that sucks even more.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    They have a reason to be pissed.
    They do, but Rayman has been a multiplatform title since forever so it really isn't surprising and was kind of expected it would come to other consoles at some stage

Master Guru
    Rayman Legends is coming to the PS3? This is awesome.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    They do, but Rayman has been a multiplatform title since forever so it really isn't surprising and was kind of expected it would come to other consoles at some stage
    The delay is the reason for being pissed, not the switch to multiplatform.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Idk where people got this Wii U exclusive thing from if you've seen the leak video it never says its wii U exclusive it just offers exclusive features to wii U it was always gonna be multiplatform

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Final Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Aren't most people pissed because it is a launch title that already got delayed is only being delayed several months to simultaneously launch with the other platforms? I'd be pissed if it was a game I was really looking forward to playing.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU

Rayman Legends delayed until September (No longer WiiU exclusive)

That's why I'm pissed its DONE for the Wii U!! I wanted to get this game for it now that's its delayed its going to really put a damper on my wii U gaming.
    Last edited by DeviousOne; 02-11-2013 at 21:08.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    Aren't most people pissed because it is a launch title that already got delayed is only being delayed several months to simultaneously launch with the other platforms? I'd be pissed if it was a game I was really looking forward to playing.
    I can understand people getting pissed for this. For me though, I've come to accept delays as part of the gaming landscape years ago. Its become so common for a variety of reasons that I don't even bother to trip about it anymore. There are plenty of good things to play while I wait for other things to release, so I'm good. One thing we don't have in this wonderful hobby of ours is a game shortage. I'm always in agony over which games to spend my precious limited dollars on, there are too many great looking games.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    That's why I'm pissed its DONE for the Wii U!! I wanted to get this game for it now that's its delayed its going to really put a damper on my wii U gaming.
    Yeah.. the more I think about it its a dumb mistake from Ubi.

With next gen systems coming out PS360 owners will have their attention and money there, and pissed off Wii U owners will have many more games to play by then. It should have come out now when not much else is.

Hell, I dont have a Wii U but was going to in May along with this game!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I still like the original the most because it was a challenging 2D platformer, platformers these days are far too easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Well at least there's this now.

Thread Information