Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal

Rayman Legends delayed until September (No longer WiiU exclusive)

Ubisoft has announced that Rayman Legends has been delayed and will no longer be a Wii U exclusive. Legends will now hit Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U in early September, more than six months later than its original release date of February 26th.

At the DICE summit in Vegas, IGN spoke with Xavier Poix, managing director of Ubisoft’s French studios (including Ubisoft Paris, Annecy and Rayman developer Montpellier) about the reasons behind both the delay and the move to multiple consoles.

“When we saw all the comments when we announced the game would be focused on Wii U, all of the people that have both the PlayStation 3 and 360 were really disappointed,” Poix told IGN. “So we thought it was making more sense to also bring the game to where it was originally from. That means Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. So we decided to go for a multiplatform launch simultaneously.”

Poix explained that the GamePad-based cooperative experience of Rayman Legends will remain exclusive to Wii U, while the Xbox and PlayStation versions will operate more similarly to Rayman Origins. He couldn’t offer many specifics just yet but indicated that more information will be coming leading up to the game’s release.

“It’s a different kind of experience if you have the Wii U,” Poix said. “Obviously there will be cooperation on the PS3 and 360, but on the Wii U there is still this magic of having one player that can play on one system with a new experience and the other on the usual game pad. That stays a Wii U exclusive for sure, by definition.”

Poix explained that the same team is developing all three versions (and also developed Rayman Origins). When asked about what PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 players can expect, he explained that fans of Origins will be more than happy with Legends.

“If they loved the Origins experience, it’s close to the same kind of feeling but with a level of immersion and brand new settings that haven’t been seen before. We have other features that I can’t disclose right now, but it’s really a brand new game. Even in terms of visuals, we built our own engine in terms of lighting, in terms of having 3D elements so you can have dragons that fly from far to go in your face and back. It’s a unique kind of 2D platforming experience.”

As for the reason for the delay, Poix explained that “it’s really about the fans. It’s really about having a very interesting universe, a mix of craziness and poetry mixed all together. We are very happy that we can bring that to many, many Rayman fans and the more we can, the better.”
    Source

Why yes, Mr. Poix, I did love Rayman Origins. This is great news

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Kind of disappointing as this was a major reason for me to get a Wii U... Still, saves me some money in the meantime and I can enjoy it on Xbox in September.

Via Tapatalk

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Kind of disappointing as this was a major reason for me to get a Wii U... Still, saves me some money in the meantime and I can enjoy it on Xbox in September.

Via Tapatalk
    yeah same haha, it does suck it's being delayed but means we won't have to buy a wii u to play it !

Elite Guru
    Origins was soooo good. It's good they've kept the co-op experience with the gamepad exclusive to WiiU, so that's something. Not like they could have done it on the other platforms anyway but yeah .

I'm saddened they didn't mention the Vita though. I played Origins on Vita and it was mind blowing on the OLED

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Wii U lost the Ninja Gaiden 3 update as well...

Bayonetta 2 coming to PS3 and 360 this November.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Wii-U sounds like ps3s early years, losing exclusives to multiplats

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Wii U lost the Ninja Gaiden 3 update as well...

Bayonetta 2 coming to PS3 and 360 this November.
    Let's hope so. B1 one of the best games this gen

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Let's hope so. B1 one of the best games this gen
    B2 is being published by Nintendo :S.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Wow this pisses me off. Not the multiplatform just the delay WTF

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ultimate Veteran
    I still don't get it. If people really enjoyed Bayonetta, why wouldn't they pick up the console that the sequel is releasing on to play it? Nintendo was the only one that wanted to publish it, right?
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    I always found it so silly this gen, the game is complete and done...buut it's gotta be fair for the other systems sooo you gotta wait seven months to play it. I know why they do it, just annoying. I didn't get far in Origins, but it was damn fun. Might have to check this out.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    The Wii U is going to have a very rough year...

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    The Wii U is going to have a very rough year...
    It's like a time bomb. They need to find their wii fit/wii sports equivalent quick.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    I always found it so silly this gen, the game is complete and done...buut it's gotta be fair for the other systems sooo you gotta wait seven months to play it. I know why they do it, just annoying. I didn't get far in Origins, but it was damn fun. Might have to check this out.
    Id say it's a mix between the time it takes to port to the 360 and ps3 which I'm sure is more complicated than most people are led to believe, and an exclusivity deal with Nintendo.

Via Tapatalk

Veteran
    A little disappointed because one of the reasons for me buying a wii u recently was because I was looking forward to Rayman coming out soon. Oh well, I'll just have to wait a little longer.. Plenty of other games to enjoy during that time.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    The first one was fun playing with my nephews least I don't have to get a wii u lol

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Id say it's a mix between the time it takes to port to the 360 and ps3 which I'm sure is more complicated than most people are led to believe, and an exclusivity deal with Nintendo.

Via Tapatalk
    Woah disregard this, I didn't realise that they are delaying the Wii U version til September as well. What the hell that just seems like a $#@! move

Via Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    I just read that the delay is 100% because Ubisoft wants to release the game on all platforms at the same time. That is so ridiculous!!!!!! Nintendo better have something up their sleeves. 3rd party support is starting to stick it to them already.
    Last edited by Lethal; 02-08-2013 at 15:45.

Elite Guru
    That's pretty $#@!ty from Ubisoft to be fair..

Then again out of the big publishers they've supported the WiiU the most so far. I'd bet the developers are pissed

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Major bull$#@! move on Ubisoft's part. Not only to those with a Wii-U expecting it this month. But the devs as well!

I completely understand you but you have to understand one thing. This is not a decision taken by the development team, this comes from really really high up, so please don't pick on the game.

If you're pissed, imagine how we feel. Think on the situation, we've been making overtime with this game practically since May preparing E3, and then almost a demo per month (gamescon, Wii U presentation, shops, eShop, etc...) and at the same time trying to actually finish the game. We had a first delay because it was obvious we couldn't finish on time but we gave it all to be there on February. What face do you think we had when the week we had to close the game we're being told it's not going to be released? I couldn't believe it.

For practical matters, you'll have to wait for some months for the game to be released and will most likely serve for more content to be added and do it better. For us, this means we've spent 6 months barely seeing our wifes, kids, and friends for nothing because, after all, such a haste wasn't needed. Believe it, it was a hell to swallow these news.

Even then I'm firm in what I said back in the day, Rayman Legends is an excellent game and will still be, and the team that's making it doesn't deserve to have your back turned on them just because some men in ties one day took a wrong choice. This industry is really that $#@!ty. - Xavier Poix
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    lol @ the Nintendo fanboys on vgchartz, they're acting even worse than the PS fanboys did with FF13.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    lol @ the Nintendo fanboys on vgchartz, they're acting even worse than the PS fanboys did with FF13.
    Yeah but there's like NOTHING worthwhile to play on the system as far as I know. I checked out upcoming games and it seems like hardly anything for feb and march and I'd bet a ton of WiiU owners were looking forward to this

I read the system only sold 34,000~ software units in the UK over the entire month of January. Less than Vita. $#@! is bombing hard and needs games big time. The whole tablet controller has absolutely no effect like the wii motion controls did.

A bit offtopic.

Anyway, still looking forward to it in September. They should have just released the WiiU one anyway imo

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Ok yeah good point, being a Nintendo platform though it should really have gotten a 3D Mario or 3D Zelda at launch, this is why none of them should rely on third party developers.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    I haven't played much Rayman yet.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    They have a reason to be pissed.

Thread Information