Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Because like mynd said I'm pointing out that both companies are taking hits in their games division due to the development costs of their next gen consoles. So my point is that this is normal. Feel better now? lol
    there was no need to make the MS reference at all in a Sony sales thread.

Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    See my post above. Here have a tissue. lol

Sony Slumps by Most in Four Years as Losses Stun Traders..
    In the wake of a $115 million loss in Sony's third quarter, its stock price has taken a significant hit, reports Bloomberg. Shares dropped from 1,530 ($16.51) to 1,365 ($14.7, a decrease of 10.78 percent. Bloomberg notes that this is the eighth consecutive quarter that Sony has posted a loss, and that the stock price decline is the largest the company has seen since November 2008. Investors had hoped the weak Yen would help bolster the company's earnings.
    i guess i don't understand what being in the black means. stupid me.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/08/so...by-10-percent/
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-08-2013 at 19:55. Reason: Merge.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    there was no need to make the MS reference at all in a Sony sales thread. Sony Slumps by Most in Four Years as Losses Stun Traders.. i guess i don't understand what being in the black means. stupid me. http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/08/so...by-10-percent/
    You mad bro? lol

Ultimate Veteran
    Okay, lesson learned. Let's actually stop mentioning Microsoft.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Hmm, reading the report, and yes Sony made a loss to shareholders of 10.8 million ...

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    might have been covered, but since sony is so so big and does other things... They need to do an NINTENDO and MERGE CERTAIN AREA'S
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I hope PS4 is still coming this year..

Master Guru
    Sony is back in the money baby!

And with the PS4 coming out this year? They'll be making bank.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    Sony is back in the money baby!

And with the PS4 coming out this year? They'll be making bank.
    You know sony made a loss eh?

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    You know sony made a loss eh?
    He's ummm, yea I can't say what he's doing, it's against the rules.

Apprentice
    Nothing in that article states that Sony lost anything, so I don't know where people are getting this. That article is titled wrong to what it was talking about. The title makes you think they took a loss, but if people actually read the article it says they made a profit.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    Nothing in that article states that Sony lost anything, so I don't know where people are getting this. That article is titled wrong to what it was talking about. The title makes you think they took a loss, but if people actually read the article it says they made a profit.
    Really? Then why are people posting information that is conflicting with the information you're giving?

You can pretty much be sure here that I'm too lazy to read the article and make my own statement.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Really? Then why are people posting information that is conflicting with the information you're giving?

You can pretty much be sure here that I'm too lazy to read the article and make my own statement.
    Besides the title all the article stated was the losses they made a year ago and even farther back. So I don't know where you guys are getting this current loss from. Here it is from the OP. So I must be missing something in this article or I'm reading it wrong somehow.

All the original article proved was Sony making close to a half a million dollar profit, not a loss.

Feb 7 (Reuters) - Sony Corp posted a third-quarter operating profit after a loss a year ago, supported by lower costs and proceeds from asset sales that are helping it offset weak demand for its TVs and other devices.

In the three months to Dec. 31, Sony posted a 46.4 billion yen ($496 million) operating profit, compared with a 91.7 billion yen loss a year ago. The result was below the average 72.1 billion yen profit estimated by six analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.

Following a 67 billion yen loss in the previous business year, Sony stuck to its full year operating profit forecast of 130 billion yen, compared with a consensus estimate of 119 billion yen of 19 analysts.

Since the start of the year Sony's shares have gained nearly 60 percent, rebounding from 30-year lows, compared with a 9 percent rise in the benchmark Nikkei 225.
    Last edited by Coconut_Crunch; 02-20-2013 at 15:01.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    They made a slight income, but return to shareholders was a loss. There are numerous articles regarding share price drops after this announcement. It can be a bit misleading, but the ultimate figure was a loss.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    They made a slight income, but return to shareholders was a loss. There are numerous articles regarding share price drops after this announcement. It can be a bit misleading, but the ultimate figure was a loss.
    The share was a loss, that's correct but the company made money which was just shy of a half a Bil. You can't have it both ways and both you guys are sitting there trying to tell people that sony took this huge loss which wasn't true at all. There is a huge difference between shares and the money the business is really making. All stocks drop in the console business when a new console is announce. This happens to Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony, this is nothing new. The only reason it looks bad is because the new CEO has to pick up the scraps that was left over. It's mainly picking up all the garbage after something collapse and over time it gets fixed and starts to look much better. Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill. Infact, this isn't even a mole hill and I question some of the agendas in this topic already.
    Last edited by Coconut_Crunch; 03-03-2013 at 17:57.

Thread Information