Latest PSU headlines:

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Crytek: Next-gen launch games 'might not look much different than Crysis 3'

Speaking to us last week about the calibre of his studio's upcoming shooter, Yerli said: "I don't think Crytek can do more on current generation consoles than Crysis 3.

"I actually think people will be astonished that next gen launch titles from other companies might not be much different from Crysis 3."

On his company's own efforts for new hardware, Yerli added: "Crytek's projects generally will be way above what we've achieved on the existing consoles."

Yerli also praised the work his team has done creating what he believes is a unique game world.

"Crysis 3 has its own visual identity, [the urban rainforest] is a world that hasn't been done before, that kind of depiction, the quality and level of immersion. I think no game has ever done that kind of setting, it's a visual spectacle.

"It has not even been done in Hollywood. People might suggest there are similarities with I Am Legend, but that is quite different to this. I Am Legend is overgrown, but Crysis 3's urban rainforest is a whole different level of that. It has its own identity and I'm very proud of what the team achieved in this regard."
    via CVG.

The usual shameless marketing of their by-the-numbers shooter. I'm more interested in how next-gen games will actually play. Thanks. =/
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-09-2013 at 06:25.

2. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Funny I should come across this after posting a thread showing PS3 gameplay video of Crysis 3 and impressions. http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...67#post6005667Looks pretty good actually. Maybe on PS4 something like that would play at a full 60fps at launch.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-09-2013 at 06:27.

Apprentice

I liked the first two. Played them exclusively until i beat them, rather than my usual habit of bouncing back and forth between multiple games.
    i love couch co op

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i'd like to see the engine replace Unreal tbh. the cryengine is technically superior imo.

it would be nice to see what other devs could do with the engine. shame many of them stuck with UE tech this gen
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    i'd like to see the engine replace Unreal tbh. the cryengine is technically superior imo.

it would be nice to see what other devs could do with the engine. shame many of them stuck with UE tech this gen
    As far as visuals go, I wasn't really at all that impressed with the Unreal Engine 4 tech demo. It still has that look where everything is molded together despite the improved lighting and high amount of particle effects.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    As far as visuals go, I wasn't really at all that impressed with the Unreal Engine 4 tech demo. It still has that look where everything is molded together despite the improved lighting and high amount of particle effects.
    from a graphics standpoint; that is my biggest graphical gripe with the UE. everything looks 'flat' (for want of a better word)
    a decent looking engine there's no denying, but its technical stuff is woeful (i'd call PS2 era). therein lies my dislike.

which is why im surprised Cryengine wasn't used by anyone. the technical stuff is far superior to that in the UE, better animation system, better AI, better gameplay and some would argue better looking.

i can't imagine what a Mass Effect would have surmounted to if they made use of the Cryenigne, especially given their praise for the frostbyte.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    I hate how $#@!y they are

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    I hate how $#@!y they are
    Oh I feel you there. They tout off about how great their games are but honestly I think the games themselves are mediocre outside of graphics. There is no denying they can make a graphically awesome game but shut up about it. They talk about how much their games push the system. Let me guess day one PS4 and 720 won't be enough for their games.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Did they get out of the office with that EGO alright
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    i hope the game looks like the pc verison.but anyways crytek talks a lot of smack, they think they are the kings of gameing and they are far from it. they claimed cryisis 2 look so great on the ps3 and IN FACT IT COULD NOT HOLD A CANDLE TO BOTH KILZONE 2 AND 3.

Apprentice

Lol, they're just trying to hype their game. "No game in the future will ever look as good as Crysis 3, except Crysis 4, Crysis 5, Crysis 6" Crysis 3 marketing team

I played Crysis 2 and thought it sucked. Won't be getting Crysis 3.
    Last edited by PSTrey; 02-10-2013 at 00:55.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Far Cry 3 looks tons better than whatever Crytek is doing. That's using the 'Dunia 2' engine, which is based on the CryEngine, but modified.

The most visually impressive game I've ever played.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    i hope the game looks like the pc verison.but anyways crytek talks a lot of smack, they think they are the kings of gameing and they are far from it. they claimed cryisis 2 look so great on the ps3 and IN FACT IT COULD NOT HOLD A CANDLE TO BOTH KILZONE 2 AND 3.
    I agree. KZ2 and KZ3 are the best looking FPS I've seen on console with Halo 4 being pretty close behind those. Then FC3 comes behind that.

El Presidente
    I'm more interested in what devs can do with a more powerful engine what it looks like. Better physics, bullet holes that persist instead of magicly disappearing, destructible environments. I'm don't care about games getting closer to photo realism or something.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    i watched the so-called ps3 gameplay video radgamer posted and im still doubting its actual ps3 gameplay being showcased (something seems off to me... they specifically show absolutely nothing proving its running on PS3 specs (not even a square, x, circle or triangle button icon to be seen for menu or weapon switching which again, seems fishy to me)

nothing in that video makes me believe cryteks claim here. This seems to be a case of, "our game is coming out soon... BUY IT! BUY IT BUY IT! we'll say anything to make you buy it!"

the only thing i can agree with is that launch titles for next gen will probably only be slightly better than this gen because... time.

obviously if you look at final gen games from PS2 era (like God of War 2) and compare them to launch titles of this gen theres not a big gap... longer time spent on hardware yields better results... less time yields weaker results... its just fact.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I do agree that their engine is quite impressive(To me). I can see where they're coming from in regards to launch games for next gen gaming. It will take an extraordinary studio to prove them wrong.

Veteran
    lol self praise too much?

Another boasting from Crytek.

But I agree with them that their game looks great.

Thread Information