Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well that's weird. Sith seemed very sure that only the PS3 version was ugly. All this confusion.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Well that's weird. Sith seemed very sure that only the PS3 version was ugly. All this confusion.
    Lol. I can sense a bit of sarcasm here.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I know exactly what you mean. lol

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Why is your opinion vastly different than Sith's?

Have you played both games as he's implying to have?
    I've played both crysis 1 and 2, but only the first hour or so of both. Didn't like them simple as that, boring gameplay and graphics can be nice but the style is dull to me

If you mean in regards to the difference between the versions of crysis 3 beta... I read the article and it led me to believe that they were very similar with 360 version outperforming ps3 slightly

Via Tapatalk
    Last edited by DarkVincent07; 02-11-2013 at 07:29.

Soldier 95B
    Yeah, they are both NOT pretty. They still haven't taken the crown. Sorry Crytek...try again!

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Very easy to explain this one:

Because it's Sith

--

I have no doubts the PS3 version probably has a lower image quality but they would largely look the same. The fact that he labels the 360 version "pretty" says it all

He's on form lately

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Crysis 1 on the PC even to this day on max looks stunning( that is without modding, with it, it becomes something i want as standard next gen), it is such a good looking game ( and the gameplay and the style of the game makes it 100 times better than pretty much every other FPS in terms of SP, best FPS out there regarding the SP without a doubt, crysis wars is incredible too)

Crysis 2 maxed looks very good too, but the environment doesn't help and pushes it back. Crysis 3 can look better as it brings back the foliage.

Thing about crysis is that on the consoles they are crap/average and i am sure most console gamers have not played these games the way they are meant to be played ( 1080p, max settings, 60 fps, if they did i bet you 100% all this 30/60 fps is the same and 1080p is not different will cease to exist and it will allow you to really see how good looking crysis really is)

so:
    ps3=crap
    360=crap
    pc= pretty sexy

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    ...the gameplay and the style of the game makes it 100 times better than pretty much every other FPS in terms of SP, best FPS out there regarding the SP without a doubt, crysis wars is incredible too...
    lol

No comment necessary.

Ancient
    Crysis 1 on the PC even to this day on max looks stunning( that is without modding, with it, it becomes something i want as standard next gen), it is such a good looking game ( and the gameplay and the style of the game makes it 100 times better than pretty much every other FPS in terms of SP, best FPS out there regarding the SP without a doubt, crysis wars is incredible too)

Crysis 2 maxed looks very good too, but the environment doesn't help and pushes it back. Crysis 3 can look better as it brings back the foliage.

Thing about crysis is that on the consoles they are crap/average and i am sure most console gamers have not played these games the way they are meant to be played ( 1080p, max settings, 60 fps, if they did i bet you 100% all this 30/60 fps is the same and 1080p is not different will cease to exist and it will allow you to really see how good looking crysis really is)

so:
    ps3=crap
    360=crap
    pc= pretty sexy
    Weird you say that, I didn't like Crysis on PC, even on Max Settings but when I played Crysis 2 on the PS3 I decided to give 1 a shot and got the PSN version and loved it
    Maybe it was the controls, but something bored me the first time I played it on PC which makes zero sense

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Master Poster
    lol

No comment necessary.
    If you say this as in you disagree:

The world is open world/sandbox ( not gta style, but more or less) You have an objective and you can do WHAT EVER you want in completing that objective and in-between with the objects at your disposal. You can get a boat and use that to attack the objective, go mess around on that small island down the sea, explore if you want, you can use the cars at your disposal ( later on, use a car and add C4 to it, you know the rest) the suit allows for a lot more possibilities ( go full armour, stealth, use strength to throw around the enemies for fun etc).

ABILITY to flank your enemies, can avoid fighting these group of enemies if you wanted too.

Plus other things like actual destruction. Pretty much all trees can be destroyed, the smaller buildings can be ripped apart. Not the best destruction obviously, but more than we see when crysis 1 came out.

Go stealth, hide in the foliage and throw a grenade to the other side of the small town and the blast will causes the enemies to not only look but also go to that direction ( don't see this gen at all from the AI perspective) allowing you to take out the enemies one by one and other possibilities this allows ( throw grenade like 10 metres outside of the town draw the enemies out of the buildings, when in rage use the vehicles turret and take them out easily for example) For 90% of the SP you play the game at YOUR OWN PACE, again something not seen this gen that much.

The gameplay is not direct in a sense, you can go into it at any angle you want.

Use vehicles and drive in and take out the enemies. Go long range with sniper rifles, chose AR/SMG/duel pistols. All open world, use what you find.

Actual wildlife ( not on the level on FC3 obviously, but enough to make the island feel alive apart from humans), lots of interactivity with the items in game ( pick up pretty much any item you see and animals, humans)

It is ALL of these additions that make the game feel unique, different. Not seen in FPS single player in the same way, sure some of these features have been used before this game, but a completion of all of these and more i may have missed to say make the game that much different. ( if there are some games like Crysis 1, please mention them, i would enjoy playing them, i know of far cry 1)

You are dropped into this island at the beginning and you can do WHAT you want on this island, approach the game how you want.

This is why i dislike crysis 2, it took away a lot of this, made it into a typical shooter, close quarter battles, environment was boring and it did not feel as free and open.

When you think of a FPS, you think of small, claustrophobic rooms with waves of enemies, fast action packed missions with no real freedom. It is also why i loved the SP of BFBC1 so much, it felt open and I could play how i want.

I don't mean to make it sound like Crysis 1 is as open as...far cry 3 or gta, cause its not, but it is HELL OF A LOT more open than MANY of other fps shooters.

To me, after playing the game, the graphics were just icing on the cake.

TGO: that is weird, but it happens i guess. Do you mean the PSN looked better graphically than on the PC with max? or do you mean you enjoyed the gameplay more? At the end of the day, you enjoyed it, that is what matters.

Crysis is not the best game graphically now, of course I mean its quite old, but it hold up VERY well compared to the common games you see now a days ( ok, most are just console ports/help back but the point still stands)
    Last edited by LfCpS3; 02-11-2013 at 18:13.

Forum Overseer
    I wish I had played the entire game to form a better opinion but from what I had seen, the presentation wasn’t there, didn’t get into the storyline or characters, more importantly enemy A.I. was despicable. Just because you can get them to come out or follow the sound of a grenade going off in a distance, does not mean it has great A.I.

Play FEAR, Rage, Halo, HL1/2 and MGS2 and above to see what top-of-the-line A.I. can do.

When was the “ability” to flank an enemy revolutionary? How about the ability for enemies to formulate a plan against you while the other team is flanking “you”!– I.e. FEAR.

How about in Rage where enemies actually jump out of your line of sight before you pull the trigger and hide.

What about Halo where you’d see elites jumping out of the grenade’s area of effect and then hide behind an object for you to finish your clip and come back out and rush you (possibly melee you too) when you were reloading? How about every type of enemy in the game having their own distinct A.I.?

Half Life 1 and 2 also had incredible A.I, I wish I could give specific examples but other than the critters and the zombies, I don't remember much...I do remember the first one had pretty good A.I. for its time and it was ruthless.

Lastly but not in the bit least, MGS2 and so on, had amazing A.I. You have SWAT teams coming after you with a leader in front giving them orders, each individual letting the leader know if the room is clear, breach, flashbangs, room-clearing…spotting enemies, radio chatter…I’m amazed that some people forget all these games.

Have you played these games? I have played Crysis 1 for about a half hour and seeing how stupid the A.I. was, I had to stop. These videos don’t lie:

Now go and watch videos of the games I listed and see the difference yourself.

I’m not trying to downplay the game for you; I’m just giving you facts. I can understand that someone would completely love a game like this due to its open environments and such.

Nothing we have never seen before…Halo 1 came out in 2001 and had pretty big environments and you could also approach that game with any angle…of course it didn’t have as many things to do but that’s because it’s a 10+ year old game. Though overall, it still beats Crysis 1 with its originality, storyline, gameplay and A.I. and sadly so do other games as well.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that just because Crysis 1 gives you an open world and you can do whatever you want, doesn't necessarily mean that it's better than the ones that don't give you the freedom, it's a pretty difficult balance to pull off. Crysis felt like it lacked direction, it is a huge problem with sandbox games and why Rockstar has done well with RDR and possibly upcoming GTAV (we will see but my bet is up) as it's an open-world game, it still had direction, a well thought-out storyline and you had the freedom too.

Crytek to me, has and always will be an engine-development company and not a game-development company. They wanted to show off their engine and built a game on top of games like Far Cry and threw in a few more goodies.

P.S. Also forgot to mention Bioshock and the upcoming Infinite. You'll notice that Crytek always talks about how good-looking their next game will be but not how it will differ in storyline or gameplay than other shooters...then you have creators such as the ones that are making the next Infinite and everything becomes more clear where the focus lies.
    Last edited by Omar; 02-11-2013 at 19:15.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Very easy to explain this one: Because it's Sith -- I have no doubts the PS3 version probably has a lower image quality but they would largely look the same. The fact that he labels the 360 version "pretty" says it all He's on form lately
    He sure is. He's been busy with posting negative Sony news threads as well. lol http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...Revival-Stalls and http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...58#post6007258 for examples.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-11-2013 at 19:26.

Master Poster
    I wish I had played the entire game to form a better opinion but from what I had seen, the presentation wasn’t there, didn’t get into the storyline or characters, more importantly enemy A.I. was despicable. Just because you can get them to come out or follow the sound of a grenade going off in a distance, does not mean it has great A.I.

Play FEAR, Rage, Halo, HL1/2 and MGS2 and above to see what top-of-the-line A.I. can do.

When was the “ability” to flank an enemy revolutionary? How about the ability for enemies to formulate a plan against you while the other team is flanking “you”!– I.e. FEAR.

How about in Rage where enemies actually jump out of your line of sight before you pull the trigger and hide.

What about Halo where you’d see elites jumping out of the grenade’s area of effect and then hide behind an object for you to finish your clip and come back out and rush you (possibly melee you too) when you were reloading? How about every type of enemy in the game having their own distinct A.I.?

Half Life 1 and 2 also had incredible A.I, I wish I could give specific examples but other than the critters and the zombies, I don't remember much...I do remember the first one had pretty good A.I. for its time and it was ruthless.

Lastly but not in the bit least, MGS2 and so on, had amazing A.I. You have SWAT teams coming after you with a leader in front giving them orders, each individual letting the leader know if the room is clear, breach, flashbangs, room-clearing…spotting enemies, radio chatter…I’m amazed that some people forget all these games.

Have you played these games? I have played Crysis 1 for about a half hour and seeing how stupid the A.I. was, I had to stop. These videos don’t lie:

I’m not trying to downplay the game for you; I’m just giving you facts. I can understand that someone would completely love a game like this due to its open environments and such.

Nothing we have never seen before…Halo 1 came out in 2001 and had pretty big environments and you could also approach that game with any angle…of course it didn’t have as many things to do but that’s because it’s a 10+ year old game. Though overall, it still beats Crysis 1 with its originality, storyline, gameplay and A.I. and sadly so do other games as well.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that just because Crysis 1 gives you an open world and you can do whatever you want, doesn't necessarily mean that it's better than the ones that don't give you the freedom, it's a pretty difficult balance to pull off. Crysis felt like it lacked direction, it is a huge problem with sandbox games and why Rockstar has done well with RDR and possibly upcoming GTAV (we will see but my bet is up) as it's an open-world game, it still had direction, a well thought-out storyline and you had the freedom too.

Crytek to me, has and always will be an engine-development company and not a game-development company. They wanted to show off their engine and built a game on top of games like Far Cry and threw in a few more goodies.

P.S. Also forgot to mention Bioshock and the upcoming Infinite. You'll notice that Crytek always talks about how good-looking their next game will be but not how it will differ in storyline or gameplay than other shooters...then you have creators such as the ones that are making the next Infinite and everything becomes more clear where the focus lies.
    You are missing my point, which i should have said better i must admit.

It was not these separate features that made crysis great for me, it was the compilation of ALL these small good ( not great/some great) features that made the game as a whole stand out. I can tell you for a FACT that WHENEVER I did what is shown in that second video i was never able to go undetected, i was shot at if they saw me like that. I never experienced being able to do this ( if i did, i would remember it) so can't really comment on that. The AI was far from great, I hardly even talked about the AI being great in my post as i know they are as clever as your typical AI at times. BUT the part in which they reacted to explosions/sounds was not something i had experienced in many game as well as i had in Crysis 1.

What i experienced was that when the AI heard a sound, they would slowly move in and look around in that general area ( not run there and stand there like i may have made it sound). Something i experienced with this was that they would also stay close together as a group when going into the area, not separate so it made picking them off somewhat harder ( to me the AI is as good/bad as far cry 3, they do what you expect in a sense). they would slowly move around and look around the area in search of the source. That stood out as it just looked... i wouldn't say real but it looked right ( you see this countless times in movies, they did what you expect).

There are probably countless of videos of the AI for games acting stupid, not recognising the player etc. I have seen countless bugs, problems, glitches etc ( even regarding AI) for various of games I own that i never/hardly ever experienced ( the boat drive AI is not that great, but they are not programmed to walk on the boat which is something they could have sorted, the AI is nothing special for crysis, but it's good enough to pose a challenge ( especially at higher difficulty).

I also noticed that when the AI did detect you and shoot at you, they would be more spread out, I am sure they ran away from grenades too but I can't remember. I also remember fights in which the AI would go around corners.

About the AI, the aliens in crysis 1 did improve, they did move around more, harder to fight against etc... Good change in the game to keep it fresh.

I am not gonna comment on HALO 1 because i never played it, never read about it and watching youtube videos is not gonna give me a good idea of what it is like. i never have been into halo ( played 3, not sure how similar that is to halo 1, but it was far from what I experienced in Crysis)

I never meant to make it sound like flanking was not possible before, or that these features i listed are new to gaming. What i was trying to get at was that crysis did all these things good and allowed them all in one game, which resulted in a game that as a WHOLE felt incredible and unique. Sure MGS2 has better AI but it does not do many of the things that crysis 1 does ( not graphically) because it's a different style of game.

I and many others expected Crysis 2 to follow the style as crysis 1 but improve some of the problems ( deeper story, better AI etc...) but they just changed it and made it feel like a typical shooter.

I mean in an semi open world game with large amounts of options from vehicles to flanking to how you go into that area, how you play etc... was to me somewhat refreshing ( i have played HF1/2, never felt the same way, the AI never really hit me as awesome either, they did what they all do... shoot you, MGS the same it never felt as open as crysis which is fine because it's different. I did not play HF at launch so that may be why it did not feel as unique to me/ as special as it is to other games. I enjoyed HF but its not that game of the decade that it is to many others, which is perfectly fine. I never played crysis at launch too, i got it like at the end of 2010, maybe it was worse before? )

Game-play is totally subjective but i enjoy the gameplay of crysis 1 ( which is actually very dynamic through the use of the nano suit) over pretty much every game out. The shooting felt solid, movement was very good, the powers were well made/implemented and it balanced it self out. Again improvement could have been made and crysis 2 did ok but i would have preferred to keep the strength/sprint as a separate option instead of how it was in crysis 2 as i prefer to have full control)

Crysis 1 you are dropped onto an island to do a mission, in between/how you do these missions were up to you and it gave you that feeling of you being in control.

Forgot to mention that just because Crysis 1 gives you an open world and you can do whatever you want, doesn't necessarily mean that it's better than the ones that don't give you the freedom, it's a pretty difficult balance to pull off. Crysis felt like it lacked direction, it is a huge problem with sandbox games and why Rockstar has done well with RDR and possibly upcoming GTAV (we will see but my bet is up) as it's an open-world game, it still had direction, a well thought-out storyline and you had the freedom too.
    I agree that it does not mean it's better and to some people, like you, it was did not feel right and did not have that direction and that is fine, we all expect different things i guess.
    Yea the story was not that strong but to me it was interesting enough for me to carry on and go through it, it was entertaining. RDR, in the top 3 this gen without a doubt for the best game for me, but the story got boring and felt too long at times( though the characters rockstar create made it very enjoyable) . It was good but not that good to me.

To me the AI was never that much of an issue, i felt they were pretty good at some parts but at times stupid. I did not enjoy crysis for its AI, i enjoyed it for the many other things i listed.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi

E: Actually we've had this discussion before, no use in repeating.

Crysis 1 still remains one of the best and most replayable campaigns this gen.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Half life 1 AI was decent for its time but HL2 can be laughably dumb

Forum Overseer
    You are missing my point, which i should have said better i must admit.

It was not these separate features that made crysis great for me, it was the compilation of ALL these small good ( not great/some great) features that made the game as a whole stand out. I can tell you for a FACT that WHENEVER I did what is shown in that second video i was never able to go undetected, i was shot at if they saw me like that. I never experienced being able to do this ( if i did, i would remember it) so can't really comment on that. The AI was far from great, I hardly even talked about the AI being great in my post as i know they are as clever as your typical AI at times. BUT the part in which they reacted to explosions/sounds was not something i had experienced in many game as well as i had in Crysis 1.

What i experienced was that when the AI heard a sound, they would slowly move in and look around in that general area ( not run there and stand there like i may have made it sound). Something i experienced with this was that they would also stay close together as a group when going into the area, not separate so it made picking them off somewhat harder ( to me the AI is as good/bad as far cry 3, they do what you expect in a sense). they would slowly move around and look around the area in search of the source. That stood out as it just looked... i wouldn't say real but it looked right ( you see this countless times in movies, they did what you expect).
    Ok, fair enough but the A.I. part you're talking about, I think I've seen stuff like that before...especially the way A.I. detects sound.

There are probably countless of videos of the AI for games acting stupid, not recognising the player etc. I have seen countless bugs, problems, glitches etc ( even regarding AI) for various of games I own that i never/hardly ever experienced ( the boat drive AI is not that great, but they are not programmed to walk on the boat which is something they could have sorted, the AI is nothing special for crysis, but it's good enough to pose a challenge ( especially at higher difficulty).

I also noticed that when the AI did detect you and shoot at you, they would be more spread out, I am sure they ran away from grenades too but I can't remember. I also remember fights in which the AI would go around corners.

About the AI, the aliens in crysis 1 did improve, they did move around more, harder to fight against etc... Good change in the game to keep it fresh.

I am not gonna comment on HALO 1 because i never played it, never read about it and watching youtube videos is not gonna give me a good idea of what it is like. i never have been into halo ( played 3, not sure how similar that is to halo 1, but it was far from what I experienced in Crysis)

I never meant to make it sound like flanking was not possible before, or that these features i listed are new to gaming. What i was trying to get at was that crysis did all these things good and allowed them all in one game, which resulted in a game that as a WHOLE felt incredible and unique. Sure MGS2 has better AI but it does not do many of the things that crysis 1 does ( not graphically) because it's a different style of game.

I and many others expected Crysis 2 to follow the style as crysis 1 but improve some of the problems ( deeper story, better AI etc...) but they just changed it and made it feel like a typical shooter.

I mean in an semi open world game with large amounts of options from vehicles to flanking to how you go into that area, how you play etc... was to me somewhat refreshing ( i have played HF1/2, never felt the same way, the AI never really hit me as awesome either, they did what they all do... shoot you, MGS the same it never felt as open as crysis which is fine because it's different. I did not play HF at launch so that may be why it did not feel as unique to me/ as special as it is to other games. I enjoyed HF but its not that game of the decade that it is to many others, which is perfectly fine. I never played crysis at launch too, i got it like at the end of 2010, maybe it was worse before? )
    I understand. I liked Far Cry when it first came out, I think that's why I'm not into Crysis because I already played a game that was truly open world and I've played so many open world games now that the fun factor has sort of worn off...I look for a good balance now.

I don't think any other Halo can ever come to the greatness that Halo 1 was. It was just perfect the time it came out, it's like what 007 is to people that are slightly older than me and had the N64...I was still in Pakistan when 007 was popular lol. I got here when Tekken 3 was hot, hence why I'm primarily a PS fan.

Game-play is totally subjective but i enjoy the gameplay of crysis 1 ( which is actually very dynamic through the use of the nano suit) over pretty much every game out. The shooting felt solid, movement was very good, the powers were well made/implemented and it balanced it self out. Again improvement could have been made and crysis 2 did ok but i would have preferred to keep the strength/sprint as a separate option instead of how it was in crysis 2 as i prefer to have full control)

Crysis 1 you are dropped onto an island to do a mission, in between/how you do these missions were up to you and it gave you that feeling of you being in control.

I agree that it does not mean it's better and to some people, like you, it was did not feel right and did not have that direction and that is fine, we all expect different things i guess.
    Yea the story was not that strong but to me it was interesting enough for me to carry on and go through it, it was entertaining. RDR, in the top 3 this gen without a doubt for the best game for me, but the story got boring and felt too long at times( though the characters rockstar create made it very enjoyable) . It was good but not that good to me.
    I do like the idea of doing everything myself too, don't get me wrong, I love sandbox games...I do like the freedom but games like RDR show you that you can still keep the story going even if it's completely open. Yes, I do agree that RDR did get boring by the end and then picked up at the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Half life 1 AI was decent for its time but HL2 can be laughably dumb

Well, I don't remember the game much, I didn't finish it and it's been a really long time. I did enjoy the first one though.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Ps3 version is the sin Ugly 360 version is pretty. You would think Crytek would have had a better grasp of the ps3 the second time around.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMEe7JqBgvg

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Lol! Tits or GTFO!

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I've played both versions of the beta and there is very little difference at all.

glad to read, i dont want to purchase an other console just because its better on an other one then PS3

Thread Information