Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44
  1. #1
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,700
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    154,865 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Digital Foundry Crysis 3 beta comparison


  2. #2
    Administrator
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    3,985
    Rep Power
    84
    Points
    228,832 (888 Banked)
    one thing i will say is that im quite amazed by the number of things being pushed by these consoles. they're outputting what i would consider to be levels of fidelity out of their league, and it shows in the performance.

    30 FPS is a struggle to maintain now. Far-cry was the same. and both look amazing!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  3. #3
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,700
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    154,865 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    one thing i will say is that im quite amazed by the number of things being pushed by these consoles. they're outputting what i would consider to be levels of fidelity out of their league, and it shows in the performance. 30 FPS is a struggle to maintain now. Far-cry was the same. and both look amazing!
    I totally agree. And I can only imagine what developers will be doing with the next consoles.

  4. #4
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    No surprise here.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  5. Likes mistercrow wishes they had posted this first.
  6. #5
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,700
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    154,865 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    No surprise here.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Looks like the 360 version is the one to get for consoles.

  7. #6
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,851
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    73,207 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    So the game is still going to look the same when it comes out? Wait why do I care when I won't even touch it.

    I think we'll see some flashy games in the beginning of next generation, then we will start seeing games that push the technical boundaries rather than flashy graphics...then we'll start seeing a combination of both in the later years of its cycle.

    At least, that's what happens every generation.

  8. #7
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,700
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    154,865 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    So the game is still going to look the same when it comes out? Wait why do I care when I won't even touch it.
    Well you cared enough to click on this thread and cared enough to post a comment in it so why dont you tell us? lol

  9. #8
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,851
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    73,207 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Here's how it happened.

    I clicked on the thread thinking it would have additional info quoted...and since I'm lazy, I didn't want to click on the link. I then proceeded to see what other posters would say about it. From the posts, it seemed this is pretty much how the game would look like...so as I typed the question, I realized that I played it for literally 3 minutes and put it away as there was nothing in there that would attract me...I wanted to just backspace out of my post but figured we only live once so I posted it with the afterthought.

  10. Likes Nitey wishes they had posted this first.
  11. #9
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,700
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    154,865 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Here's how it happened. I clicked on the thread thinking it would have additional info quoted...and since I'm lazy, I didn't want to click on the link. I then proceeded to see what other posters would say about it. From the posts, it seemed this is pretty much how the game would look like...so as I typed the question, I realized that I played it for literally 3 minutes and put it away as there was nothing in there that would attract me...I wanted to just backspace out of my post but figured we only live once so I posted it with the afterthought.
    Interesting....thanks for sharing your story with us.

  12. Likes MartyRules wishes they had posted this first.
  13. #10
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,496
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    12,167 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Why can't I ever view full size images on their comparisons, always say image don't exist
    anyone else have this problem?

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

  14. #11
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,851
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    73,207 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Interesting....thanks for sharing your story with us.
    You're welcome, I didn't want to deprive you of your curiosity.

  15. #12
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,700
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    154,865 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    They both looked pretty much the same to me when I played them but I do consider DF to be pretty reliable. Since I'm letting my gold expire I'll be getting the PS3 version with free online.

  16. #13
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,700
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    154,865 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    You're welcome, I didn't want to deprive you of your curiosity.
    Well I appreciate that bro. Inquiring minds wanted to know.

  17. #14
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,737
    Rep Power
    156
    Points
    64,625 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Tried the PS3 beta and this game looks pretty bad IMO. I also tried Crysis 2 for PS3 and I thought it looked bad too.

    I'm not sure if the 360 versions looked a lot better or something, but I don't see why people praise the visuals of these Crysis games unless you're playing on PC.

    Now Far Cry 3, that game is extremely impressive.

  18. #15
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,910
    Rep Power
    136
    Points
    62,743 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Tried the PS3 beta and this game looks pretty bad IMO. I also tried Crysis 2 for PS3 and I thought it looked bad too.

    I'm not sure if the 360 versions looked a lot better or something, but I don't see why people praise the visuals of these Crysis games unless you're playing on PC.

    Now Far Cry 3, that game is extremely impressive.
    The beta looked worse than Crysis 2. I think that was just a rough cut. Hopefully the final product comes out looking better than the beta. I looked rough.




    Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

  19. #16
    Master Guru
    The Sith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    7,440
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    12,816 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Lmao Crysis 3 is horruble on the ps3 it is U-G-L-Y and there is no aliby for UGLY.

    uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

  20. #17
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,700
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    154,865 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Lmao Crysis 3 is horruble on the ps3 it is U-G-L-Y and there is no aliby for UGLY.
    The 360 version doesn't look too great either. Both versions are pretty close.

  21. #18
    Master Guru
    The Sith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    7,440
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    12,816 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Ps3 version is the sin Ugly 360 version is pretty. You would think Crytek would have had a better grasp of the ps3 the second time around.

    uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

  22. #19
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,700
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    154,865 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Ps3 version is the sin Ugly 360 version is pretty. You would think Crytek would have had a better grasp of the ps3 the second time around.
    lol Both versions are very close and you know it. And how many times are you going to repeat that same comment? Its pretty obvious now that youre just trolling to get a reaction.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-11-2013 at 04:09.

  23. #20
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,910
    Rep Power
    136
    Points
    62,743 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The images wouldn't even load for me. Kept giving me a 404 error.




    Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

  24. #21
    Master Poster
    LfCpS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    46
    Points
    10,788 (0 Banked)
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Ps3 version is the sin Ugly 360 version is pretty. You would think Crytek would have had a better grasp of the ps3 the second time around.

    No, the ps3 is ugly and the 360 is ugly.

    Terrible game graphically compared to current console games.

  25. #22
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,851
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    73,207 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Ps3 version is the sin Ugly 360 version is pretty. You would think Crytek would have had a better grasp of the ps3 the second time around.
    How different could it be? Especially this far into the generation. Shit, even the worst PS3 ports were comparable.

    If the game is ugly, how much better can it be on the 360?

  26. #23
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    21
    Posts
    17,202
    Rep Power
    104
    Points
    44,705 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    In my eyes Crysis' graphical style is ugly. Though there is barely a difference between these console versions its not appealing at all to me, another miss I feel. That is, unless the gameplay is outstandingly different from Crysis 1 and 2. They were rather dull imo

    PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV


  27. #24
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,851
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    73,207 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    In my eyes Crysis' graphical style is ugly. Though there is barely a difference between these console versions its not appealing at all to me, another miss I feel. That is, unless the gameplay is outstandingly different from Crysis 1 and 2. They were rather dull imo
    Why is your opinion vastly different than Sith's?

    Have you played both games as he's implying to have?

  28. #25
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,700
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    154,865 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I've played both versions of the beta and there is very little difference at all.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.