Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    El Presidente
    Aren't these people extinct yet?

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Weird. I was also under the impression that they were no more.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    yeah i thought these guys weren't around anymore

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    They're around but they are more strategic when it comes to their attacking of people they don't like. There's too many guns out here for them to act a fool as they did back in the day.

As the Black wolf stated, memphis are full of gangs. This could go down real ugly.

All the $#@! is a shame if you ask me.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    What a $#@!ty new name it will be. "Health science Park."

I would protest too.

6. Likes John25 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    they never get it and a so blinded by their own belief's, that anyone is a target
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I hope the KKK don't end up being shot up in Memphis. Do they not know Memphis is one of the worst cities for crime? I wouldn't worry about the rally, the KKK better be concerned about THEIR safety from the black gangs in Memphis.
    People worried about the safety of kkk members! I've heard it all now

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    right. b/c that exactly what I was arguing.

yeah tell me about all the crimes/murders/bombings/rapings performed by Malcolm or his church... yeah he's just like the Klan.

no he didn't respond to his enemies with milk and cookies like MLK. and if you really new anything about the man you would know he had a change of heart/spiritual awakening shortly before he was gunned down.

...not many people were strong enough to turn the other cheek ala MLK or straight up fight oppression like Malcolm. 2 transformative figures
    Just gonna add to an already good post, Malcolm X also repented in his later life and started embracing all people.

10. Likes DayWalker likes this post
    Super Elite
    Instantly thought of this picture:

12. Likes Ezekiel likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    meh- imo Malcolm did more good that the Klan is ever capable of. thus- the original post I responded to holds no water. #drops mic
    Malcom may have done more good than the Klan but that doesn't disprove my point that he was initially a racist. Good that he changed from that.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-10-2013 at 20:22.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosb View Post
    Just gonna add to an already good post, Malcolm X also repented in his later life and started embracing all people.
    Right. Later in life he started embracing ALL people. So he was racist initially. And like I said before God bless him for changing from that.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    Aren't these people extinct yet?
    No, they just don't were cloths now. The belief is always there but It's not as outspoken.

edit: Excluding these douchebags.
    Last edited by Silvy; 02-10-2013 at 22:43.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by djpenny View Post
    they allowed gay pride, black pride but when white people show their pride people go all up arms calling it racist ect
    lol wut?

Quote Originally Posted by XMW View Post
    Instantly thought of this picture:

Again - lol wut?

Everyone likes to conveniently confuse being proud of being ________ (white/black/brown,yellow/green etc) as racist. The difference is; ta lot of pro-white groups are racist.

Most "pro-____" ethnic groups tends to be within a context of where they are a minority - which is totally different simply because they are not the 'voice' or the 'norm' of that certain society. Usually these are groups which act as a 'beacon' to signal community and closeness to those of the same culture etc.

You could argue that the KKK is exactly that - but with a glaring hole that they are "hate-based".

I would say 99% of these ethnic groups (who have 'pro groups') in countries like the USA, Uk, Aus, NZ, Canada etc) are not hate-based.

I've never seen a group of Indian men/women celebrating Diwali (a festival of lights) and being PROUD of that heritage to be an issue. And I don't see a problem with that either,

Conversely, if there was a group of pro-German or whatever in these nations (a country where Germans aren't the majority); there is no issue with that as generally these are just people that would like to get together and eat sausages, drink beer, and watch some soccer (nothing wrong with that! ).

Plus, I would argue that there aren't any non-white ethnicities (apart from maybe African-Americans) that are "pro-[COLOUR]" unlike the KKK obviously is proclaiming specifically and not only "pro-white" but also their superiority).

Again, I see the majority of these non-white groups to not be proclaiming they are superior to anyone.

Bottom line, if people are butthurt over "pro-white groups being lambasted is simply this; historically speaking (and for the most part) that these are hate groups with a superiority complex and often act and commit terroristic act; rather than just being formal gathering, celebratory/heritage-type groups.

Sorry, but if you can't delineate and differentiate between the two; it's either a) you're just racist and want to try and justify your own groups and/or limit other ethnic groups, b) cannot comprehend the differences between the two due to not wanting to/or cannot mentally do so; or c) simply just misinformed.

I sincerely hope everyone is C (or at worst, B)....
    Last edited by Admartian; 02-10-2013 at 22:43.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by djpenny View Post
    they allowed gay pride, black pride but when white people show their pride people go all up arms calling it racist ect
    This is a harsh and unnoticed truth right now in western society, but this doesn't apply here at all. Blacks and gays have sought equal rights and freedoms, while the KKK is just a group of bigots who's only agenda is to hate.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Veteran
    Yeah, guys, KKK is definitely still around. So is racism in its extreme forms.

I think we should be careful to not be too naive about how far American history has come regarding race relations. It has gotten much better to be sure, but not to a comparable degree everywhere. Things are moving the right way, but the nation still has a long way to go.

I don't understand the passion behind the reverse-discrimination thing. The article is about something going on in America, where white people have, by far, the worst reputation/history in race relations compared to their minority counterparts lol. It should be no surprise that a group defending the title of a park that is named after a guy who appears to have been made famous for helping lead a hate-based group (during a time when white oppression was still in full force) would put up red flags. Not only that, but the park is in a predominantly African-American area. I think the situation breaches deeper into questions of common sense rather than those confined to race.

It's kind of like when Lance Armstrong was stripped of all his Tour de France wins because he was charged and found guilty for using drugs. He is still a prominent figure in cycling history, but does the chief organization really want to associate their legacy with that kind of person knowing his agenda has been directly against their own core values all this time? If we are to deem this decision as justified, then why shouldn't the KKK feel the same way about a guy who was, most likely, also undignified in his values (considering how KKK was back then)?

In my opinion, the idea of the strong arm of KKK defending the park's name suggests they haven't changed enough ideologically.

Anyway, I'm not sure what the call should be on this Confederate park. Politically, there may be an argument here, but the moralist (or common sense, perhaps?) in me would rather it be renamed.
    Last edited by Bio; 02-11-2013 at 01:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    I love to see latge KKK rallies it gives us a chance to see if any of our white friends are actually rascist if they participate in the rally.
    The kkk is still around but theyre dressed in business suits and active church members in your community.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Yeah, guys, KKK is definitely still around. So is racism in its extreme forms.

I think we should be careful to not be too naive about how far American history has come regarding race relations. It has gotten much better to be sure, but not to a comparable degree everywhere. Things are moving the right way, but the nation still has a long way to go.

I don't understand the passion behind the reverse-discrimination thing. The article is about something going on in America, where white people have, by far, the worst reputation/history in race relations compared to their minority counterparts lol. It should be no surprise that a group defending the title of a park that is named after a guy who appears to have been made famous for helping lead a hate-based group (during a time when white oppression was still in full force) would put up red flags. Not only that, but the park is in a predominantly African-American area. I think the situation breaches deeper into questions of common sense rather than those confined to race.

It's kind of like when Lance Armstrong was stripped of all his Tour de France wins because he was charged and found guilty for using drugs. He is still a prominent figure in cycling history, but does the chief organization really want to associate their legacy with that kind of person knowing his agenda has been directly against their own core values all this time? If we are to deem this decision as justified, then why shouldn't the KKK feel the same way about a guy who was, most likely, also undignified in his values (considering how KKK was back then)?

In my opinion, the idea of the strong arm of KKK defending the park's name suggests they haven't changed enough ideologically.

Anyway, I'm not sure what the call should be on this Confederate park. Politically, there may be an argument here, but the moralist (or common sense, perhaps?) in me would rather it be renamed.
    Agreed.

But I do agree at least i their right to speak out. No matter abhorrent the viewpoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    I love to see latge KKK rallies it gives us a chance to see if any of our white friends are actually rascist if they participate in the rally.
    The kkk is still around but theyre dressed in business suits and active church members in your community.
    But you don't see their faces due to the masks. Unless they're riding around.

Though I hear KK mask outfits have come a long way since the wild west.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Plus rep for stepping back and seeing the big picture. That's what I always said.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Forum Sage

I think there's a bigger issue here and it's the stripping away of the southern heritage one small piece at a time. People need to accept their heritage, no matter the skin tone, warts and all. I see this as nothing short of political correctness indoctrination. The KKK has a point here but they won't be able to get it across simply because they've announced their intentions as official Klan business.

For any would-be assholes, I do not endorse the KKK, its affiliations or its activities so you may as well get that out of your heads now before you embarrass yourselves.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    The ISSUE is, that they are still here and stronger than every and this kind of thing should have taken a backseat or something or at least dyed when the civil rights movement started...

Because HATE against one is HATE against all
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Here in Texas the KKK is strong southeast part of the state near Houston. In small cities like Beaumont and Vidor Texas. Vidor is known as KKK city where majority of business folks in that region came from.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

PSN ID
    Chickenooble
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    The ISSUE is, that they are still here and stronger than every and this kind of thing should have taken a backseat or something or at least dyed when the civil rights movement started...

Because HATE against one is HATE against all
    Sounds like you hate racism...

People need to accept their heritage, no matter the skin tone, warts and all. I see this as nothing short of political correctness indoctrination.
    Yep.

It's like blacks with slavery and African heritage...
    "I hate that my ancestors were cotton picking slaves to some white people."
    "I'm proud of my African heritage."
    "What do you mean other African tribes enslaved my ancestors and sold them to white people?!"

Just heard on the radio that the Washington Redskins might be changing their name because some Indians are butt hurt. Oh, PC people... I hate you.

Thread Information