Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    The moment I saw the preview for White Knight Chronicles, and saw MS giving up on the RPG genre I switch to ps3. Never looked backed. There is not one game released exclusivly on MS since I switched that I have any interest in playing. InFamous was really the icing on the cake. Great series. Ni No Kuni is a great way to end the RPG on PS3(I do not think any new exclusive RPG or any at all aside from Dragons Dogma: DA is coming out this year). The Last of US i think will be the last great exclusive for the system and we will be moving on to PS4.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

PSN ID
    sektoderselters9
    I bought my PS3 for exactly two things back in 2008:

1. The PS3 was - at the time - the only fully compatible Blu-ray profile 2.0 ready player, that was pretty much ensured to have update support for the next 10 years.
    2. God of War 3.

Back then I still had my first Xbox 360 (the one without HDMI) which I considered superior. If Warner bros hadn't dropped support for HD-DVD, I probably would not have bought a PS3 despite wanting GoW3 pretty hard.
    Unfortunately my Xbox had the red ring of death shortly after I bought the PS3 and I simply couldn't afford another Xbox so I went with PS3 for a couple of years. I think I bought a new Xbox in 2011 but I don't really have any preferences.
    I play multiplatform games on PC, Xbox games on Xbox, PS3 games on PS3, und the PS3 is also my trusty mediacenter.

Forum Guru
    I picked ps3 over x360 due to lack of support from MIcrosoft for my region. The infamous RROD issue had a huge impact on my decision. On top of that, PS3 had better 1st party exclusives.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    I had bought my PS3 for the blu-ray player and occasional play.

Tap-a-hoe

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Forum Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Had a PS3 since UK launch. My gaming PC at the time had died so I went out to buy a console! Went to buy a Wii but it was sold out everywhere so I just decided to Pre-order a PS3.

BBK. Tapatalking.

Ultimate Veteran
    i got PS3 because it was cutting edge. and sonys games.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Had a PS3 since UK launch. My gaming PC at the time had died so I went out to buy a console! Went to buy a Wii but it was sold out everywhere so I just decided to Pre-order a PS3.

BBK. Tapatalking.
    fate dealt you a good hand then lol

MGS4, GT, GOW, DAT UNCHARTED TRAILER..........it was a PlayStation I was kinda guaranteed satisfaction

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    I bought it cause mgs4 was coming out for it. Same reason I got a gamecube only for mgs the twin snakes

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    It's kinda funny how I got into PS, because my very first console was an N64 and it was honestly the best childhood I could ever have. But, while in my childhood, I bought a ps1 in 1999. And that's where I played Final Fantasy 8 and MGS for the first time. I fell in love with the PS brand ever since.

When PS2 came out, I had to have it. I got it because of DMC, GTA3 and Smuggler's Run.

As for PS3, it was the obvious step, but MGS4, GOW3 and the GTA and Killzone were HUGE factors in my purchase. However, experiencing next-gen and how fast technology is moving, I can honestly say I''m not too crazy about the PS4, because that means if I get that, I'm gonna have to buy a 4K TV. And this is just not in my budget right now. I know the PS3 will still last and games will still come out for it, but it will feel so inferior. I want the best picture quality, I want to be updated with technology, I just don't have the money for it. And don't say get a job, because I'm in school.

AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Metal. Gear. Solid. 4.

And just overall Playstation being the superior console.*

*Not up for debate. It's a 1st class system. Simple as that.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

11. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    MGS4, GOW3, Blu ray player, promise of new IPs regularly; near-open media player (without many file restrictions).

EDIT:

I am, by law, required to agree with all Ravens fans on anything. So yeah; PS3 > everything else. (see post above)

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

13. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    It's kinda funny how I got into PS, because my very first console was an N64 and it was honestly the best childhood I could ever have. But, while in my childhood, I bought a ps1 in 1999. And that's where I played Final Fantasy 8 and MGS for the first time. I fell in love with the PS brand ever since.

When PS2 came out, I had to have it. I got it because of DMC, GTA3 and Smuggler's Run.

As for PS3, it was the obvious step, but MGS4, GOW3 and the GTA and Killzone were HUGE factors in my purchase. However, experiencing next-gen and how fast technology is moving, I can honestly say I''m not too crazy about the PS4, because that means if I get that, I'm gonna have to buy a 4K TV. And this is just not in my budget right now. I know the PS3 will still last and games will still come out for it, but it will feel so inferior. I want the best picture quality, I want to be updated with technology, I just don't have the money for it. And don't say get a job, because I'm in school.

AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT
    Wait and see what happens bro, I'd be shocked if 1080p is the standard for the PS4, let alone 4K

Forum Sage
    Simply because I am a PlayStation fan. Sony didn't disappoint me with the PS2 (kept the same controller for the PS3 that I loved was another plus.)

I don't think there was 'a' game that convinced me (I was going to get it regardless) but having played God of War on the PS2; being a big fan of those games + Prince of Persia and the team's follow up Assassins Creed, I had to get it and it was the first time I was going to be able to get a console day one -- didn't happen but I got one a month later.

Surprisingly, I didn't hear about Uncharted until a week before it was suppose to release. I saw people talking about it on the blu-ray forums with a trailer posted, I thought I'll have to check it out (it's third-person so I had to.) Then finding out that GameStop is letting people have it early (it was a friday -- the game was releasing the following Tuesday) I went ahead and got it.

So, even though I was looking forward to Assassins Creed the most, released a week after Uncharted, I ended up enjoying Uncharted a lot more (I could not believe I had not heard about the game.) Now, it's my favorite series on the PS3!

Dedicated Member

I've owned all of the previous ones and was never disappointed before. I was very much looking forward to the PS3 and had been reading the spec sheets etc. I bought it the second week it was out on EBAY, as that was the only way to get one at that time. And only later on I got the HD tv set. Never looked back. SONY game systems have always been the best in my opinion. Here's hoping the PS4 will be just as good as they get. I just hope I can get one relatively close to release! I won't dish out huge money again on EBAY though! I'll wait a bit this time around.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Because it was the next PlayStation, same reason I'm buying a PS4.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

18. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Memphis, TN (Home of STAX records, Sun Studios, Beale Street, Graceland, Hi Records, Ardent Studios
    I bought mine a couple months after the initial release. The main reason I bought one was because it was the cheapest and best Blueray player at the time. Not sure if many remember, but HD DVD had a nice lead when the PS3 came out, but I knew the tide would turn because of the PS3. I also like the backward capabilities with most PS2 games and the ability to play SACD (I had an SACD player in my main system, but this added the capability to the bedroom). I also believed that it would get firmware updates to give it additional features (like media streaming, upscaling DVDs, etc..).

In short, it was just an amazing device with tons of future promise at that point.
    Last edited by uofmtiger; 02-19-2013 at 16:44.

20. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    HD Gaming & blu-ray movies! I remember when I got my first HDTV (37" Olevia and cost me $1500, ouch!) and hooked up the PS2 to it, the LCD display brought out all the imperfections and made me realize how badly I wanted to play games in HD!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

PSN ID
    ReDxHorneT
    Items 1UP (Pixel)Avenged SevenfoldLucy PinderSteamPS3 SlimBullet For My ValentineLBP KratosGran Turismo 5Little Big Planet
    I purchased a PS3 as an upgrade from a PS2. I bought the PS3 because it had a built in blu-ray player, wifi and free online.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    To play these games:

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    To play these games:

4 out of 6 ain't bad.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    I bought mine for OBLIVION and for a few other games... But i knew i could play my OLD GTA games on it
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

PSN ID
    LukePounds
    Final Fantasy 7.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Wait and see what happens bro, I'd be shocked if 1080p is the standard for the PS4, let alone 4K
    If they stick with 1080P, then there's no point for me to buy it. I mean, it's new, it has to upgrade in all aspects, just not aesthetically, Unless, they leave room on the PS4 for 4K-looking games. By that, I mean, a firmware update or already built in to support 4K gfx with the card. And I am talking out of my ass, of course. So don't qoute me on that! LOL

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    If they stick with 1080P, then there's no point for me to buy it. I mean, it's new, it has to upgrade in all aspects, just not aesthetically, Unless, they leave room on the PS4 for 4K-looking games. By that, I mean, a firmware update or already built in to support 4K gfx with the card. And I am talking out of my ass, of course. So don't qoute me on that! LOL
    I am hoping 1080p is the standard, I don't think 99% of developers will make games running at 4K, I think the 4K is mainly going to be for video if the PS4/Orbis actually supports it. If there are games that are at 4K resolution, don't expect them to have insanely awesome graphics like they would at 1080p!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post

BBK. Tapatalking.
    similar reason except the wii. Just got so disalusioned with pc gaming its direction. My pc was basically also becoming bit left at the gates. Could either upgrade or go to console.

I had ps2 late only because playing with my sister kids fell in love with ease. No more finding patches by googling website.

Fact I could take it with me play together with 2 ps2. I just thought hey the ps3 looks much better.

I actually wished I had not got launch model waited. Not because lack games more the way sony delt badly the failures. Wont dwell I have slim now.

Dont think it was games for me on either model but the fact they was the cheapest for DVD/BD at the time. I am film buff.

The chance to first convert to DVD from VHS now BD from DVD was big big reason.

Though games use is handy bonus. Now got BD player for my movies which eases the ps3 workload.

Have had regrets no but was bit tad ps3. Making me cautious next gen.

Thread Information